40- Happy Birthday

Matt POV

 "Hey, wake up birthday girl" I whisper holding the breakfast tray steady. 

Of course I didn't make the breakfast, but thought that counts and all that. I'm pretty confident Sophie will appreciate it all the more because I didn't make it. 

 "Mmmm" she moans, pulling the comforter over her head making me chuckle. Sophie is definitely not a morning person. 

 "Come on, you need to wake up so I can spoil you" I remind her, she doesn't move "I'll tickle your feet…" I threaten. 

 "DON'T!" She squeals struggling to sit upright. I offer my hand to help her up moving my cushion to support her back. 

 "I don't like you" she scowls, sipping her tea. 

 "You love me" I counter,

 "I can love you without liking you" she reminds me. I tear off a piece of her pastry circling her lips with it before popping it in her mouth and sealing her lips with a kiss. She tastes like coffee and the sweetness of the pastry. 

Sophie swallows audibly locking eyes with me. 

 "Do you know what I would like to eat Sophie?" I ask suggestively. 

 "Matt," she breathes, biting her lip. Fuck I've got a sexy Fiancée. I trail my hand from her neck down her body. Skimming her breast before moving lower, searching for her happy place, which coincidentally is also my happy place. 

 "Matt!" She gasps, stopping my hand as it brushes over the crotch of her panties. "Stop it! I haven't even had a shower!" She chastises. 

Honestly I don't want to stop, but there's no way I can continue now that she has asked me not to. 

 "Ok, later then. I plan to replace your birthday punches with birthday orgasms" I wink at her "I'm getting a shower, you eat up then you can get ready and we'll set off" I leave Sophie to eat while I do my morning routine. Returning to the bedroom naked. Ma is staying with Lili and Marco at their air BnB and I'm taking full advantage of that. 

 "Damn it Matt!" Sophie shouts seeing I'm naked, her face resembling a strawberry.

 "Something wrong sweetheart?" I tease, resting my hands either side of her on the bed.

 "Yeah you're getting the bed wet!" She laughs, shoving my chest. 

 "You sure it's the bed I'm getting wet?" I ask, pretending to nip at her nose with my teeth.

 "Shut up," she laughs, trying to get up. 

 "You didn't open your card yet?" I ask, noticing the lilac envelope still tucked under her plate. 

 "Sorry I didn't see it," she says, stopping and tearing open the envelope. "What's this?" She asks, pulling out the black card I left inside. 

 "It's a black card, I thought that was obvious. Aren't you supposed to be the smart one?" 

 "Isn't a black card, like, worth a lot?" She asks, frowning. 

 "Yeah, but you can't say no to it! You're my wife now so you have access to everything I have. You're gonna need the money for the house and diapers, and to fly to Venice seeing the family. It comes with air miles and a car service, you're gonna need all that" 

 "Using the baby against me? That's low" she scowls. "And I'm not your wife yet. I can't accept this as a present"

 "Yet! And good cause that's not your present, I must have dropped it in your card by mistake, you should probably hang on to it with me being so clumsy" I grin.

 "Idiot" she mutters leaving for the bathroom. 

I dry off slipping into some Levi's and a dark shirt to wait for Sophie. 

 "Ok, since I don't know where we're going, what should I wear?" Sophie asks stood Infront of her opened closet. 

 "Given the occasion, I'm a big advocate for your birthday suit" I reply, immediately getting hit with a sweater. 

 "If you aren't going to be helpful then wait down stairs!" 

 "Oh come on! At least drop the towel first" I complain as I get pushed out of the room. "Wear what you're comfortable in and bring your clothes for tomorrow" I shout as I walk down the stairs. 

 "I can't stay out! I have work tomorrow!" She shouts back. 

 "It's ok, we aren't going far you'll make it to work" 

When Sophie comes down she's wearing a loose fitting patterned dress, slipping her arms into a light jacket. 

 "Come on the cars waiting" I say, taking her bag and opening the door to reveal the Mercedes Maybach waiting outside. 

I'm pretty sure Sophie would freak out if she knew she was sitting in half a million dollars worth of car. 

The car makes smooth progress across the city eventually turning into a long drive leading up to a large mansion. Sophie's eyes are wide taking in our surroundings as the drive circles past a small lake in the grounds before pulling up outside the front doors. 

 "I didn't even know there was a hotel up here! It's so pretty. How did you find it?" Sophie asks, taking my hand to climb out of the car. 

 "Come on, let's look around" I answer, dodging the question. I unlock the door leading her inside. 

 "Oh my god don't tell me this is an air BnB! This is crazy!" 

 "Go take a look, it's all yours" Sophie gasps so many times I'm surprised she can breathe by the time she's finished. All six bedrooms, the three reception rooms, the study, the enclosed pool. The huge kitchen gets an actual squeal of joy from my girl. 

Making my inner cave man beat his chest at the good job we did. But I've saved the best for last. 

 "IT HAS A LIBRARY!" Sophie screams out beaming. "This is like my dream house!" 

 "I'm happy to hear it baby," I say walking up behind her to wrap my arms around her, a small jewellery box held out in my hand. Sophie hesitantly takes the box clicking open the lid to find a set of keys. 

 "Happy Birthday"

The Lawyerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें