Chapter 24: Sacrifices

Connor

While everyone else was fighting behind me, I was hitting the sand with my sword.

Okay, that sounds a lot more stupid than I thought it would sound.

I was blinded by rage and was slashing at the sand where Deidamia faded into a shadow.

Apophis: "Deidamia, report to base. Get the preparations ready"

Deidamia spoke from inside her shadow.

Deidamia: "Aw! I wanted to rip out their organs to add to my collection!!"

Suddenly, Apophis yelled louder than a jet engine, so loud that it shook the ground.

Apophis: "Do as you're told!!!!"

Deidamia's shadow faded away as I slashed at the sand again.

Connor: "Get back here you coward!!!!!!!!!!"

Apophis started cackling.

Apophis: "I knew you would come back for Loki, however I never would've imagined you'd come to save your Demigod friend. I guess it makes sense, you've always cared about people"

I leaped into the air and swung my sword downwards, however Apophis blocked it with his tail tip, which was a large blade. He pushed me back, making me land in the sand.

Apophis: "But honestly, using my own power to fight? You must know that you'll never defeat me alone"

Connor: "Good thing I'm not alone"

I heard Emiko yell from behind me.

Emiko: "Arrow of Avalon!!!!!!!"

A giant glowing blue arrow made of Arcane shot straight through Apophis's neck, making him squirm and scream in pain.

I looked back and saw Emiko ready to fire off another shot. Her body was emitting a light blue aura.

Emiko: "Take this!!!"

Emiko released the string of her bow, shooting 3 of those giant arrows at once. Each one hit Apophis with perfect accuracy.

Apophis: "You insolent child of Heka!!! I should've killed you while I had the chance!!"

Emiko: "Don't you ever shut up?"

Thanks to Emiko's distraction, I managed to get one good swing in with my sword, slicing right into Apophis's stomach.

Apophis: "I'll end you!!!!!"

Apophis shot down towards me, opening his mouth and ready to eat me. Instead, I summoned all the power I could manage and swung my sword. A wave of chaos energy shot towards Apophis, slamming right into him and making him fall back.

Emiko ran up to me and gave me a high five.

Emiko: "Nice one!"

Connor: "You too"

Our victory was cut short when Apophis's tail swung down at us. I raised my sword and managed to block it, however his tail was seriously heavy.

Connor: "E-Emiko! Move!"

Emiko moved out of the way as I pushed back, giving me enough time to get out of the striking range.

Connor: "Where Kaito?! We need to get out of here!"

Emiko: "They left already, they took Loki with them"

Connor: "Of course they did! Fricking figures"

I thought Apophis was about to strike again, however he simply stared at us, with his tongue leaving his mouth every once in a while.