S2 - Chapter 14: Apocalypse

Connor

Where did everything go wrong.....

It's been a month since the raid on Camp-Mythos. Everyone who's known about Mytho-Academy has taken up inside its walls. Ever since Nanami obtained the power of The Destroyer, she's been destroying all of the Demigod schools. Mytho-Academy is the last one remaining.

The only reason Nanami hasn't been able to find us is because the Gods used up the last of their power to transport the school to another area, one where Nanami will never find it. When Nanami gained the powers of The Destroyer, she put a limit on the Gods' powers, so once they used it up, that was it. However there are still gateways between the mortal realm and ours.

Since the battle, we only have a fraction of the students we used to have. The Demigods who didn't go with us were all slaughtered while we were out at war. Those of us who survived had practically given up.

The Gods no longer had any powers, so the auto refillable food and drinks weren't working anymore. All of our food and water were now limited.

The fact of all the loved ones we'd lost didn't help either. The only good thing to come out of this was that we wouldn't be bothered for a while.

I was in my dorm room, back in the Egyptian wing. It felt good to be back, but it never seemed right. I had Angel again, and she was back to sleeping in my dorm room. But I could never get over the fact I would never see Idril again. Even now, I can sometimes see her walking around the dorm room.

The door to my dorm opened and Angel walked inside.

Angel: "Hey Connor... mind if we talk a bit?"

Connor: "Sure"

I moved over on my bed so she could sit next to me.

Angel: "I'm not sure what to do anymore. I've done my best to keep myself positive. But I just can't..."

Connor: "I know, almost everyone has given up at this point. But... I can't let myself give up"

Angel: "Why?"

Connor: "Siyuka and Idril's deaths would've meant nothing"

A tear ran down Angel's face.

Angel: "I miss Idril... so much... She was always here for me when you were... you know"

I placed my hand on hers.

Connor: "She's the reason everyone is alive. If she didn't sacrifice herself, the monsters would've invaded Mytho-Academy and we'd all be dead. She gave us a fighting chance"

She looked into my eyes. She then grabbed me and pulled me into a hug.

Angel: "Why... why does everything have to end like this..."

Connor: "I promise, I won't leave your side ever again, I won't let anyone else die"

Angel started to cry into my shoulder. And if I'm being honest, I started to cry a bit.

Later on that day, Angel and I met up with the current leaders of Mytho-Academy. The leaders were the strongest/smartest students in the school. Me, Emiko, Angel, Himari, and Kaito were the main leaders. But of course, every other student was there as well. We were just in charge of making the final decision.

We all met up in the main building's cafeteria. It was seriously sad to see how many students we lost. This cafeteria was huge, and could fit each student inside. Now, only about a third of the students were with us.

Whenever we had these meetings, Emiko was the one to led it.

Emiko: "I'd like to call this meeting to order!"