Chapter 2: Learning The Rules The Hard Way

Connor

What did we just get ourselves into? This morning, we were normal teens, late for school. Now, we're being told that we're demigods, and I somehow released a giant serpent from the underworld. Yeah, not my best day.

We were dismissed from the courtroom, since me and my sister were too freaked out by everything to come up with more questions. As we left the courtroom, we saw Kaito, Angel, and Himari were all waiting outside for us.

Kaito: "How'd it go?"

Emiko: "I... don't really know"

Himari: "I know, it's a lot to take in"

Connor: "Yeah, I think we should go"

I started walking past them, however Kaito put his arm out to stop me.

Kaito: "You can't leave, the second you freed that beast, you endangered all of existence. And Apophis isn't thankful to its savior. Once you leave this place, it'll do everything it can to make sure you're dead"

Emiko: "So, what? We have to stay here forever?"

Angel: "W-Well... only until Apophis is sealed away again"

Angel walked over to me and took my hand.

Angel: "It's not as bad here as you may think. Come on, I'll show you around"

Angel then dragged me off, leaving Emiko with Himari and Kaito. I wasn't sure why, but I felt this girl was a little clingy. She's been really close to me ever since we met. It was a little weird at first, but after all that happened, I thought she just wanted to make sure I was okay. Or, that's what I hoped.

She brought me out of the main building, however there was only one thing in front of us. It was a very long pathway, and at the end of it, was a giant pantheon, the same I'd seen when we first arrived.

Angel: "Welcome to the Greek wing of the school"

Connor: "Greek?"

Angel: "Oh, I probably have to explain a little"

Angel tugged on my hand, forcing me to walk down the long pathway with her.

Angel: "I'm pretty sure Headmaster Ra has told you already, but this is a school for Demigods. However there are multiple types of them. And this school holds the four major types of Demigods. Can you guess which four?"

Connor: "Well, you mentioned Greek, and since Ra is here, Egyptian must also be here"

Angel: "That's right! How about the other two?"

Connor: "Well, I saw Jupiter, and I think that's Roman"

Angel: "Yep, even though Greek and Roman mythology are very similar, they're different in many ways as well. In reality, they are two separate sets of gods, even though they're similar"

Connor: "So what about Demigods that appear in both?"

Angel: "Well, you are probably thinking of someone like Heracles, or as the Romans called him, Hercules. They were actually the same person, however depending on the mythology, he may have acted or behaved differently. For that reason, he was split in two, kind of like two different personalities. One Greek, one Roman"