Chapter 11: Doomsday

Emiko

All I could hear outside was mass panic, sirens going off, and a lot of shouting. Suddenly, Connor and Himari came bursting through the door.

Emiko: "What the hell is going on out there?!"

Himari ran over to me and gave me a hug. The second I was in the hug, all my worries went away. It was somehow really comforting.

N-Not in a weird way...

Connor: "We need to get you out of here, now"

Emiko: "You still haven't told me what's going on"

Himari: "Ragnarok has begun"

Emiko: "As in... the Norse end all event?"

Himari: "Exactly that. But it doesn't just effect the Norse gods, it's everything in existence"

Emiko: "Y-You can't be serious!"

Himari: "The gods are trying to figure out a way to prevent it, but right now..."

Without realizing it, I started crying.

Emiko: "No.... I-It can't end like this...! It's just wrong!!!"

Connor: "Look, Odin said for every demigod to meet up in the Greek wing. He'll explain everything that's going on. So we're taking you with us"

I was still in a stake of shock, and I didn't pay much attention to his words.

Himari: "Emiko, please, trust us"

Himari came in for another hug, which I happily accepted this time.

Emiko: "O-Okay, I'll come with. But I may not be able to walk"

Connor quickly grabbed a wheelchair out of the corner of the room. He brought it over to me, and with the help of Himari, managed to get me in. They got me out of the infirmary and into the Greek wing, where I saw every single demigod in the entire school. I knew there were a lot of students, but there must've been thousands here.

Odin appeared in front of everyone on a stage. He was then flooded with questions by the demigods.

Odin: "Silence!!"

The students went dead silent.

Odin: "I know this is a very frightening time, but we must not panic. While it is true Ragnarok will eventually happen, following Baldur's death, we can prolong it as much as possible. Until we have determined how to do this, prepare for battle. The forces of Niflheim, Musphlheim, and Helheim will be approaching our main gates by morning. We need to be ready. We are 2 Gods down already, as Loki has joined the side of evil.

Himari suddenly screamed.

Himari: "That's wrong!! He would never do that! There's no way he'd kill someone!!"

Odin disappeared from the stage and appeared right in front of Himari. I would've been scared straight to hell, but she didn't even flinch. Odin then got down on his knee, so he was eye level with Himari.

Odin: "I wouldn't be saying these things if I hadn't seen it with my own eye"

Himari: "You're lying!"

Odin: "I swear on the Tree of Yggdrasil I'm being truthful"

Odin placed his hand on Himari's shoulder.

Odin: "He may have turned to the side of evil, but he is also a Norse God. We knew this day would come, and the decision is not up to us. He likely never wanted to, but it has been set in stone"