Chapter 20: Truth

Connor

Damnit... that was rough.

When I woke up, my body was aching all over. I felt extremely dizzy, and I couldn't think straight. I managed to sit up, however I quickly grabbed my side when a sharp pain shot through it. I then remembered what happened.  I quickly rubbed my eyes and started looking around. Emiko was laying next to me, but she was completely knocked out. I crawled over to her and rubbed her shoulder to try and wake her.

Connor: "Emiko, come on, wake up!"

She slowly opened her eyes, but she still looked seriously weak.

Emiko: "Connor...?"

I helped her sit up, however it was only then that I realized where we were. We were in some kind of dungeon. The floor was made of some kind of black stone, same with the walls and ceiling. There was very little light, just barely enough to see 5 feet in front of us.

Emiko: "Where are we?"

Connor: "No clue, we were probably captured"

The idea of being captured made me seriously terrified. I knew somewhere, anywhere around us, Apophis was waiting for us.

Emiko: "We need to get out of here"

I tried to sit up, however my chest started hurting a lot, almost like I'd been hit with a hammer. I felt my chest, and I had a few cracked ribs.

Connor: "I-I can't..."

Emiko: "Hold still, maybe I can heal you"

Emiko placed her hands on my chest, causing her palms to start glowing a light green. I could feel the pain in my ribs subside, however I could tell they still had some damage.

Emiko: "S-Sorry, that's the best I can do for now"

Connor: "It's fine, this'll do"

I stood up, reaching my hand out to Emiko. I helped her stand up.

Emiko: "This place is creepy"

Suddenly, we heard footsteps walking towards us. From around the corner, Siyuka appeared holding a lamp, which was the only thing giving us light.

I quickly ran over to her, ready to punch her, however I quickly realized there was a set of iron bars between us.

Connor: "Let us out!!"

Siyuka: "I suggest you shut the hell up, unless you want even more broken ribs"

Emiko: "What do you want with us?"

Siyuka smirked.

Siyuka: "I guess I hit you a little too hard on the head. You're in Apophis' domain. This will be your gravesite"

I went to grab my sword off my back, but it was missing. I assumed they confiscated it, along with Emiko's bow.

Connor: "Where's everyone else?"

Siyuka: "Oh, they're around. Can't have you pests planning stuff"

Emiko: "What are you going to do with us?"

Siyuka: "You seriously ask a lot of questions"

She slammed her pole against the iron bars.

Siyuka: "If it was up to me, your heads would've been on stakes by now. But Apophis has other plans"

Emiko suddenly snapped.

Emiko: "Why do you hate us so much?!! What did we ever do to you!!"

Siyuka's body started to spark.