S2 - Chapter 10: Tournament

Connor

Okay, when I signed up for this tournament, I was not expecting something like this.

On the outskirts of the school, there was a massive stadium that could fit every single student in there at once. In the center was a decent size arena.

I was waiting in a preparation room when I heard the door open. I looked over and saw Angel walk inside.

Connor: "Hey, did you need something?"

Angel: "No... just please be careful"

Connor: "I can handle this, I need to be able to get out of here. I just want to know what's outside these walls. Maybe I can find out more about my past"

Angel: "I understand you want to leave, but maybe you should wait. I'm sure they'll let you leave at some point"

Connor: "I don't know... I'm going to be completely honest, I love this place, but I want to know what's out there"

Angel avoided eye contact with me.

Angel: "Whether you win or lose, I'll find a way to get you out of here"

I got up and gave Angel a hug.

Connor: "Thanks, but I got this"

Angel: "Just try not to get hurt"

Connor: "I'll do my best"

With that, I heard a bell ring just outside the room, signaling for me to come out.

Angel: "Please, be careful"

I smiled.

Connor: "I will, just make sure you stay out of trouble too"

I turned away and exited the room, walking onto the field.

Now, I was expecting a few groups of students here and there in the stands. But no, every seat was filled. I could hear almost all of them cheering for me, which actually felt pretty good. In the center of the field, stood Nanami and some girl. She looked about 2 years older than me and was slightly taller too. She had raven black hair and ocean blue eyes. She wore a long blue dress, not something you'd see someone fighting in. When she looked at me, I only saw disgust in her eyes.

Nanami waved her hand and a microphone appeared in her hand.

Nanami: "Welcome! Everyone!! Today is the day we find out who will become my Vice Principal!! We have six students here who are willing to step up to the challenge. Here, we have Connor Yukari, a very promising student who will no doubt become very strong. And here, we have Maria, a very powerful former child of Njord, the Norse god of the sea!"

Maria: "Yeah, we get it, can we just fight now?"

Okay, one thing you never want to do is piss off Nanami. And she was doing exactly that.

Nanami: "Very well. Let the match begin!!"

Nanami leaped high into the air and out of the way. She landed in a large throne room that was part of the stands. It was like a VIP section.

Maria placed her hands together, forming a small, thin disc of water in her hands. She tossed it like a ninja star, and I luckily managed to dodge it in time. The second it hit the ground, it cut through it like butter.

Connor: "Take it easy! It's only a tournament!!"

Maria scoffed.

Maria: "You're so lame! Killing is allowed. As long as you win, the methods don't matter"