S2 - Chapter 12: Traitors

Connor

Today was one of the worst days of my life.

Early that morning, I was called down to the main office by Nanami. It was pretty early, but I still had to go. As one of my main responsibilities as being the Vice Principal was to help out with battle plans, even though we'd never actually used any of them. It was mainly just a precaution.

Me and a few others were waiting in the meeting room of the main building. It was basically a massive room with a huge table in the center. The table was pretty much a magical holographic map of the world that Nanami could control.

Around the table, were seven chairs. There was one for each of the important people in the school. One for me, Nanami, Skylar, Alder, Deidamia, Frostine, and Barak. In other words, the Principal, Vice Principal, and the Elite. Nanami was at the head of the table, with me to her left and Skylar to her right. Barak and Alder were on my side while Deidamia and Frostine were on Skylar's side.

Nanami: "I'm sorry for calling you all in on such short notice. But we have an emergency"

Barak: "What's up?"

Nanami: "I have reason to suspect that Mytho-Academy, the strongest of the God following schools, will invade our camp tonight"

Alder: "What gives you that implication?"

Nanami: "You'll just have to trust me on this, Alder. Maybe a little proof will help reveal the truth"

Nanami waved her hand over the table, and a big clear sphere made of some kind of magic appeared in front of us. On the inside, I could see a massive battle going on, both inside and outside our walls. Dead bodies littered the ground, from both sides.

Alder: "What carnage..."

Connor: "What the hell... t-that's just..."

Nanami turned to me.

Nanami: "Just a reminder of what we're fighting against"

She turned back to the map.

Nanami: "I have also learned that we have a traitor in our midst, giving information to Mytho-Academy"

Connor: "Who do you think it is?"

Nanami: "I believe it's either Angel or Siyuka, the two most recent to join. Their appearance here was suspicious enough, but now I understand why"

Connor: "Hold on! I've been with Angel pretty much 24/7, she's never had the chance to report anything!"

Nanami: "I'm not saying they're the traitors, but I am saying they're the most likely suspects. I have a few more leads that may bring us to a conclusion. However for now, keep a close eye on those two"

Connor: "Right..."

Nanami took a deep breath.

Nanami: "Now, I'm sure I've told you all about a secret plan I've been developing. With this, we could take down the Gods once and for all"

Deidamia: "Yay!! Down with the bitches!!!"

Frostine: "D-Deidamia!! No cursing!!"

Nanami actually cracked a smile.

Nanami: "It's okay, Frostine. Let her have her fun. After all, it's normal to be excited when your enemies are going to be crushed"

Nanami swung her hand to the left, and the whole map disappeared. In its place, was a massive book. It had multiple Egyptian hieroglyphs on it, as well as a few other symbols that didn't look familiar. She turned to a page that had some kind of monster on the page.