Chapter 8: Suspicion

Connor

As I walked down the halls, attempting to go back to the Biology room, I started to think about what Aphrodite could know about the whole Apophis thing. I seriously hoped it wasn't just another plot for her to try and seduce me, but all I could do was wait and see.

When I arrived, just before I could knock on the door, I heard Aphrodite speak from inside the room.

Aphrodite: "Come in, Sweetie"

I opened the door, seeing Aphrodite at her desk as I walked in.

Aphrodite: "I'm glad you actually came. I thought you would avoid coming"

Connor: "Well... you have information on a topic I need answers on"

Aphrodite stood up from her desk.

Aphrodite: "Ah, yes, the incident at Duellum"

She snapped her fingers and the room suddenly started to morph and change around us. When it stopped, we were in a giant bedroom. The bed was in the shape of a heart. There were a few couches and chairs scattered around the room. After being here for a day, I learned to not question the crazy things that happen here. So I quickly sat down in a chair, followed by Aphrodite, sitting across from me.

Connor: "So... how did you know I was at the door?"

Aphrodite: "I know the distinct scent of every student in this school"

Connor: "Scent?! What the—"

Aphrodite cut me off.

Aphrodite: "I'm aware, my personality is a little unnerving for you. However please try to put up with me for a little while"

Aphrodite pulled out a file from underneath the chair she was in. She then held it out to me. I took it, and saw it was labeled Connor Yukari.

Connor: "What's this?"

Aphrodite: "It's your demigod file. It has all the information on you that we are aware of"

I opened it, and saw a bunch of information about me. Age, height, weight, allergies, even people who I've been in contact with within the past couple years. There was a page labeled Family. But the page was completely blank, aside from my mother's name. However I saw a few pages of it were also completely blank.

Connor: "Why is some of it blank?"

Aphrodite: "The blank pages will be filled out as more secrets about your past are revealed to you. Specifically, your godly heritage"

Connor: "How does that stuff even work? Like do I get a letter in the mail or something?"

Aphrodite giggled behind her hand.

Aphrodite: "Of course not, your godly parent would tell you in person"

Connor: "So... are you my parent?"

Aphrodite: "Thankfully, no"

Connor: "Thankfully?"