Ch 242: Messiah Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Hah!" Matterhorn shouted through gritted teeth, striking down at the source with his machete.

This time, there was no sound of shattered ice. The snow and mist dissipated in an instant.

*Drip*

*Drip*

The sound of blood dripping welcomes his ears, but it was not from Matterhorn.

It was from the caster. He is standing in front of Matterhorn, with his hands spreads out in a mantra. Matterhorn's machete had already cut his body, and his blood stained his white robe red. He staggers back, his words turning to gasps.

Matterhorn naturally chases after him "Who sent you-?!" Just when Matterhorn is about to catch the spellcaster, several ice storms struck him again, and he has to raise his shield to block again. He lost his best chance to capture the opponent alive.

Lin Ye however was busy finding a way out to save the girls. Only when he wanted to leave, he suddenly finds that his legs are frozen in place.

With his lack of experience fighting casters, he was trapped easily. In addition, his illness still afflicting him. He finds that it was impossible to move his body, not just his legs. The cold was turning him into a man-sized popsicle.

Hearing footsteps, He turns his head and sees another caster raises his hand towards him.

Lin Ye curses, trying to draw the sword but the sword is frozen in place too. He can only unzip the zipper on his backpack and wants to take Vector out from it.

But his opponent's speed is much faster than him. When Lin Ye just touched Vector, the storm hit him.

"Die!"

"Haha!"

He suddenly heard a burst of familiar laughter, and then sees that the ice storm that was about to hit him disappeared out of thin air!

Then Lin Ye sees two silver lights pass him, and the caster that tried to attack him slowly knelt down in the snow, his innards pouring out onto the white snow.

"How fun! How interesting!" Lappland who suddenly appeared standing behind the now-dead caster, both of her swords are out of their sheaths.

She looks at Lin Ye with a smile on her face, "Haha. I didn't expect this kind of entertainment this evening! How fun!"

"Lappland!" Lin Ye sees her, and hurriedly asks, "Where are Pramanix, Cliffheart And Sussurro?"

"Huh?" Lappland tilts her head, "What?"

"Where are the others!"

"How should I know that?"

Lin Ye is stunned "Weren't with them just now?!

"... Maybe, I don't remember clearly." Lappland then turns and left, "But if I see them, I'll tell em that you said hi."

Lin Ye suddenly became anxious, and shouts at her "What do you mean by that?! Is there a hole in your head?! Protect them!"

Lappland stops and then turns around. Lin Ye originally thought that Lappland was willing to listen to him, but when he noticed her eyes, his heart suddenly stops.

What kind of dangerous look is that?

The usual stupid and humorous ones have been completely lost, and that stayed are ones that are cold and crazed.

At the moment when their eyes met, Lin Ye thought that he was standing in front of a crazed wolf.

"You're so noisy. Protecting people? Why should I do that? What does it have to do with me?" Lappland says.

Raising a sword in her hand to him, she slowly says, "This is my hunting game! I warn you! Don't disturb me! Otherwise, you will end up like those guys!!"

Lin Ye, only then did he notice that her clothes and blade are covered with blood. When she walked, blood would drip down the corners of her clothes into the snow, leaving a long and narrow blood path behind her.

How many did she kill? Lin Ye feels that his face is going stiff.

Only then did he realize what the potentially dangerous behaviour in the report from the medical department meant. This time it happens right in front of him. This is not the time for her to act like this.

He doesn't know where Pramanix, Cliffheart, and Sussurro yet. The three of them don't have much fighting ability, even Pramanix, who is the saintess of Kjerag, can't defend herself. If there was Lappland with them, they should be fine. However here she is killing people like it was just a game.

Lin Ye takes a deep breath, and when he was about to speak, he suddenly felt the earth tremble.

He realized something is up and turns his head.

The snow collapses onto them.

An avalanche is going straight to them.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

"It's not clear yet." Faust's voice sounded in Mephisto's headset, "but I believe they are about to finish. With the experience of the Yeti Squadron, it is impossible for them to lose. Moreover, we dispatched too many of them. They should be done. They even made an avalanche to make it seems like a natural disaster." Faust is also very confused by what is happening.

Mephisto's brows frown tightly, his play is a little uneasy, so he says to Faust: "Contact them quickly and ask what is going on."

"Received." Faust responds, but in the next second, his tone immediately became astonished, "How is this possible!"

Having known Faust for so many years, Mephisto had never heard him like that before.

"What's the matter!? What happened?" Mephisto asks quickly.

"...I don't know how to say it." Faust says softly, "You can tell by looking at it yourself."

He immediately raises his telescope, and immediately he held his breath.

The avalanche was frozen in place.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

When the waves of snow, ten meters high hits down, when the tenth-magnitude earthquake tears the earth. It stopped.

The snow pouring down from the top of the mountain still kept its appearance. Like a beast, like a dragon, like all the powerful creatures in legend. It "showed its fangs" at all the creatures at the foot of the mountain.

But that's it. It's like someone presses a button to pause it.

It was as a picture was taken of it. But in the picture, something stood out.

A girl under the natural disaster.

She is standing in front of the unconscious youth.

The corners of her mouth lifted slightly.

Her grey scarf danced in the wind.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq