47) Endeavor

We are in the locker room after the announcement of the Top 10 of the heroes ranking. All the heroes are gone now, except Endeavor and Hawk.

Endeavor * getting hotter and taking Hawk by the collar *: How did you get the hang of saying those things on stage?

Hawk: I'm sorry, ok? But I'm very happy that you managed to get away with it. You were very cool!

Endevor then let go of Hawk's collar. How did you had the courage to say it?

Hawk: Why, does it take courage to say what you want?

Endeavor: * Heavy sigh *

Hawk: Anyway, I would like to talk to you privately one of these days. What do you say?

Endeavor: And for what?

Hawk: Well, I only have a few clues and I wish the two of us could collaborate on this case.

Endeavor: ...Alright, see you the day after tomorrow at my agency.

Hawk: Perfect for me!

Meanwhile, to the dorms of 1A, two twins, Shoto and Shoka, are dancing in a circle for their father's victory.

Shoka: Dad won!

Shoto: Dad is first!

Tenya: Aren't you a little too excited about your father's victory?

Shoka: Are you kidding? He's been trying to beat All Might for over 30 years! And now he's done it!

Izuku: No.

Everyone then turned to Izuku.

Izuku: Your father didn't win ...

Shoka: What do you mean? He is first, isn't he?

Izuku: But he didn't do it the way he wanted.

Katsuki: What?

Shoto then understood what you mean Izuku.

Shoto: He didn't beat All Might ...

The attention then went to Shoto.

Shoto: All Might retired, he didn't... He didn't beat him. He never became number one because he surpassed All Might. He became number one only by closeness.

Shoka then looked at her brother, speechless.

Shoka: So he didn't-

Cut for a moment on Endeavor which is seen punching a wall

Izuku: Win? Not at all.

Shoto: Should we call him?

Izuku: You should probably now-

Cut back to Endeavor. Another punch to the wall.

Izuku: He'll be very frustrated about this.

Again from Endeavor. Enji hits the wall again, making a new burn on it.

Rei: Enji, I know you're frustrated because you didn't become Number 1 as you hoped, but ... Then we have to pay that wall back, you know?

Enji: I know, it's just that ... I don't deserve to be Hero Number 1. I didn't do anything to deserve it except ... Being Number 2.

Rei: Yet now you are. You can't keep feeling sorry for yourself. You have to be what if you always wanted to be, ever since we were in school, to be the best hero ever.

-

For those wondering yes, in this story Enji and Rei met in UA because Rei's parents had no problems with money and classic love story and usual stuff, let's move on.