Chapter 70

"We're outnumbered," Seth said as they all assembled, seeing the Uley's pack encircle their house ready to strike. "By a lot!" Alice didn't cover her troubled and afraid look for the outcome of this fight.

"You look like a dead body." Paul took notice of Dorothea's shape as the vampire girl laughed at him despite his serious tone filled with concern for Dorothea's health. "I'm fine. We got another thing to things to solve."

"I won't let them hurt my family." Abruptly the wolves attack them without any warning and they try to fight them off without harming any wolf. Paul and Leah made sure to stay neighboring Dorothea, witnessing the girl almost resembling in the same state as Bella despite dodging every move gracefully.

The fight went on until Jacob jumps into the fray of the battle of wolves against the Cullens yelling for his safety "Stop! It's over! If you kill her, you kill me!"

One of the wolves tries to attack again but Dorothea had used her very last bit of muscle to force the wolf down before she, herself drops lifeless to the ground. Paul and Seth were there ready to catch her since they were the most proximate.

Edward is too occupied realizing what's happening to Jacob to notice his sister's state.  "Jacob imprinted. They can't hurt her. Whoever a wolf imprints on can't be harmed. It's their most absolute law."

The pack waited for Sam's command when the alpha had casually stepped back into the woods and did the fellow pack members' copy.

"Someone! Help her!" / "Thea! Can you hear me!" Jacob, Alice, and Edward eventually turn to look at their sister's weak body while Paul continuously smacks her cheeks to get a response, Leah screams at them to do something while Seth had tears falling down.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!!" A deep voice that traumatized everyone to their precious core, as dominant and bombastic heavy footsteps had gotten closer to them. Jasper did not look like Jasper any longer.

He had blood covering his clothes like Edward but from hunting, his eyes held redness sensing the lack of his mate's presence, violence and the need to kill someone took over his body seeing Dorothea laying lifeless in Paul's arms.

Jasper didn't consider twice and slammed Edward and Jacob into the dirt, effortlessly viewing them as the closet victim of Dorothea's condition. "Jasper!!" Carlisle had yelled at the male but his priority made him rush to Dorothea, telling the wolves to carry her inside after checking for any injury as Dorothea might be in a critical state.

Dean and Emmet had a difficult time getting Jasper away from Bella's love interests as the man chocks both Jacob and Edward. "Jasper! You hurting them isn't getting Dorothea any better!" Alice attempts to talk Jasper out of his rage but that was useless as Jasper's mind is only filled with a repeated image of Dorothea's state while his demon would only screams, 'Kill! Kill! Kill!'

Esme started yelling witnessing his son's neck almost crushing and Jacob turning blue from the lack of air. "Jasper! If you don't get to Thea now. The last conversation she would have off you is the howling and screaming you guys did to each other!"

That seems to disclose Jasper off from his psychotic traits, supplying the boys a fierce scowl before speeding off to locate Carlisle and Dorothea while murmuring how stupid, idiotic, dumb, and extremely much more he is for not manning up to apologize to Dorothea, telling her just how much he truly loved her, showing her his every desire he has for her, spoiling her with gifts and sweets she loves, showing her off to the world but what did he do the last time they communicate?

He shouted, yelled, and threw a few things in front of her. And Dorothea might be leaving him with those memories as the last visions she has of Jasper.

No! Jasper refuses to believe that as he harshly shook his head. Dorothea will be fine and he'll make sure of it. Even if it means the impossible, he will get it just for her to listen to his true feeling and forgive him, just for her to live and breathe in the same world as him.

Anything! Anything just to see her smile again.

ᕙ('▿')ᕗ

"Oh, it's from Carlisle. Which is spelt with an S, sweet Bianca." Aro motions for his guards who appear beside Bianca to take her away, not easily letting the woman go by with a simple mistake.

Once the scene is gone, Aro reads the message "He's added a new member to his coven." Marcus just hm at this but mentally question why Carlisle would write it when usually it would be Dorothea, it seems he wasn't the only one thinking about it as Aro started rereading the letter hooping for a certain vampire girl's name to pop out but Caius had distracted him, "Increasing his power."

Suddenly Bianca's screams would be heard filling the room. "First it's the spelling, then the grammar." Aro shook his head in disapproval as he hands the message to Marcus who asked, "It seems our dispute with the Cullen's is over."

"Over?" Aro laughed like it was the funniest thing to be heard, "Goodness, no. Our dispute goes far beyond the fate of a mere human." Caius, "And what might it be."

"I always thought you understood. They have someone I want back."

ᕙ('▿')ᕗ

While Carlisle had checked on Dorothea's situation once more as Jasper sat next to their shared bed, squeezing tightly into the sleeping girl's hands. The male looked so fragile, nothing like the major tough Jasper everyone knew. "When will she wake up?"

Carlisle rustle, and looks at the clipboard before answering back in the numb tone Jasper has. "I don't know. She's fine but she went over her limit protecting Bella. She'll wake up once her energy is back."

Carlisle looks among Jasper and Dorothea, seeing the guilty look as clear as crystal on the major's face. "I know I shouldn't say this but... Before we left, she told me everything. From Bella being pregnant up until now. She told me how once we get back Bella would be dead and her body won't function for a few days. Afraid that she won't wake up, she told me to tell you, she forgives you and your every reason for not siding with her."

Jasper had wordlessly broken down, bringing his head on Dorothea's hand assuring himself that everything will be fine and the girl will wake up. When Edward enters the room, he halts heeding Jasper losing it as Carlisle looks up at him "... She did also say that Bella is alive. She had made sure the venom is flowing through her blood in her body and we just need the patience for her to wake up as a newborn."

Hearing this, every memory of the cruel things he said came crystal in his mind, sinful isn't enough for what Edward is feeling right now.