Chapter 7 - Rosalie Hale

1931

1931

Esme and Dorothea stood by the kitchen counter while the two males stood on the other side, Dorothea kept her scowl on the new guest who instead gave her an awkward yet guilty smile. Carlisle kept quiet as he and Esme had a silent discussion with their eyes and action.

"I'm going to put away my manners and bluntly ask you, Carlisle. Why in the underworld is he here?" Carlisle shifts around on his spot uncomfortable with the aura Dorothea was releasing, her question was aimed at the father but his eyes never left the brunette male in the room.

"Well, I stumble upon him standing not far from the house while I was on the walk back from home... Thea, honey, everyone makes mistakes and Edward is here to apologize. I will leave you two alone and take Esme upstairs for now."

Even if he leaves there aren't much privacy thanks to the vampire's abilities, Dorothea thought. Edward let out a snort reading the young girl's taught which made her glare harden at him.  "You have 45 seconds to explain everything from the beginning till the end even what you did when you were away before I start my action of exterminating you,"

Dorothea could see how Edward had a frightened look while browsing through his brain on how to explain everything he had done. When the light bolt inflamed up above his head, he gave Dorothea his hand as a sign to just go into his reminiscences.

She only took a few glances at his palm before deciding that it was better to just use her powers so she knew he isn't deceiving her. Removing the glove to shake hands Dorothea felt each and every emotion and action he did when he left.

He didn't abolish many as Dorothea anticipated and mark the guilt and grieving he felt every day when he thinks about Carlisle and Dorothea but something in his recollection made the girl snicker wickedly.

Edward had killed Esme's first husband Charles Everson, the scene made Dorothea instantly pardon the vampire as she pulled him into a hug. While hugging him tightly, Dorothea made sure to lock Edward out of her thoughts as she also saw through his future with a human girl, it completely disturb her.

"You hold the title as my older brother but somehow act like the younger one. I think we should start reconsidering this," Edward laughs at the joke Dorothea let out but he comprehends that she was also being serious about being the oldest sibling there. "True, but with your looks. No one going to believe you as the oldest Thea."

Carlisle and Esme walk down after Edward's response. Carlisle greeted Edward back to the family while introducing her fiance and soon-to-be wife in a few days, watching them interact made Dorothea smile seeing that the family is slowly growing over the years.

She just hopes that the next time someone enters the Cullens it would be a girl younger than her.

👋 ≧◉ᴥ◉≦

A month after Edward's return, the wedding was held. It was small only a few of Carlisle's business colleagues had come and some of the vampires Carlisle and Dorothea had developed fond of over time.

Not long after the wedlock, Carlisle decided to hold their honeymoon in Rochester, New York leaving Dorothea and Edward behind. Dorothea was fine with it but didn't expect them to return with another vampire.

Rosalie Hale, the girl gives the worse first impression.

The Cullen held a meeting the moment they enter the house. Dorothea was unfazed and honestly enjoy the drama in front of her as she sat on the sofa watching the two males have a heated argument. Rosalie would sometimes join in and Esme tried to tranquilize things down which just entertain her much further.

Turns out Edward was unhappy with the idea that Carlisle had changed Rosalie in the faith that she could be his mate: Rosalie was furious at Edward's rejection, even despite her own lack of feelings for him as well.

This is way better than the drama I see on the TV is what Dorothea had thought.

"Thea! Don't compare us with the drama you follow! This is real life thing and I would appreciate it if you back me up here!" Due to Edward's outburst, the rest seem to finally notice Dorothea's attendance, Carlisle and Esme gave a guilty smile for not acknowledging her earlier but Dorothea pushes it away.

"As much as I don't agree with Carlisle's reasoning for turning her into a vampire, Rosalie is here and we should welcome the girl affectionately. Please to meet you, I'm Dorothea Cullen the youngest daughter here."

Dorothea pulled out her uncovered hand to shake hands but before Carlisle could warn Rosalie the girl had already held out Dorothea's outstretched hand. She saw the young Rosalie who had the same experience as her when she was a child the difference is that Roselie didn't face an abusive one and that she loved being spoiled and the center of everyone's attention.

However, unlike her social-climbing parents, who always wanted more out of life despite their already elevated status, Rosalie was just happy with the knowledge that she was Rosalie Hale, and that she was very beautiful. That made Dorothea snigger but continue roaming through her mind.

Rosalie's mother had her dress up to deliver her father's forgotten lunch to his job, in the hopes that the son of the bank owner would take notice of Rosalie, and it worked. Royce King sent roses to Rosalie and, after commenting that her eyes were like violets, Rosalie began receiving them, too.

Their relationship was solely based on physical attraction, but despite this, they became engaged. One week before the wedding, Rosalie visited her friend, whom she had envied for her baby boy. It wasn't long before the girl noticed the lack of love in her relationship with Royce which was so obvious if you ask her.

Walking home, shaken by her thoughts about her loveless relationship, Rosalie stumbled across her drunken fiancé and equally drunk friends. Royce bragged about his fiancée's beauty which eventually led to Rosalie being brutally gang-raped and beaten before being left in the street to die.

Dorothea can feel her wild emotion of wanting to kill every man that had touched her that night, especially her fiance. She observes Roselie's action as she avenged her death by killing Royce's friends one at a time. Having saved Royce for last, Rosalie donned a bridal gown for dramatic effect.

Once letting go of her hand, the girl had a bewildered look on her face at Dorothea's sudden change of eye color but Dorothea neglected to look at Edward knowing he had gone through her consciousness to see what Dorothea had seen also.

Letting out a mischievous grin to look at Rosalie than the rest. "I admire her. She is strong, independent, and what people call nowadays, a badass. The sister I want, so endure it Eddy and learn to tolerate her."

Without much say, Dorothea left to enter her room leaving them behind to discuss Rosalie's position in the family.

Now that Dorothea is far from their vampire's ears and mostly Edward's ability to read minds Dorothea can't help but think back about the Rosalie Hale is going to fall in love in 2 years, making her let out a snort in disbelief.

Everyone seems to have someone waiting for them to just meet. Will she meet hers, she wonders. Staring at her gloved hands now, she felt depressed that no matter how strong of power she was gifted, seeing her future was something she couldn't.