Chapter 46

Bella shook like a leaf, Aro's voice was dark in hatred just showing how deranged the vampire was towards Dorothea. Before Aro could direct his anger at Jasper, Edward and Alice, Dorothea had the haste to stand between her loved ones and the one who gave her a second life.

"No! Please, Aro. They fulfilled nothing. I was the one that obliges them to hide this from you. Please l-let's have this conversation privately. I'm pleading, please." Dorothea wasn't able to deceive anymore about how scared she was, standing in front of the highest vampire.

Aro had to stare down at her hard, seeing how Dorothea's eyes were slightly glossy with fear towards him hurt for a moment, yet, after a while signaling for Felix and Demetri to send the supporters outdoors.

Jasper and Alice had screamed and protested, declining to disregard Dorothea behind while Edward was frozen at first but had to use all his strength to drag Alice with him.

Bella was having mixed emotions about what was happening, she had felt like she did something terrible, and seeing the fear on Alice, particularly the usually iron face Jasper told her that something terrible would occur to Dorothea but she didn't quarrel as she was escorted out the door.

Dorothea didn't want to glance back, comprehending that it was obvious in her face how frightened she was and was mentally screaming for her siblings not to leave her but knows if she did, they would fight to the extreme to stay in the room.

"You're letting them leave?" Caius had asked once everyone had left the room leaving the 3 powerful vampires including Jane and Alec. Aro had neglected him as his eyes never left Dorothea who now had put space among them. "Explain, Dorothea. I don't have unlimited patience when it comes to listening, especially towards a betrayer before I kill them."

Dorothea took in a harsh gulp, unknown to her, she got 2 supporters in the room while the other 2 were ready to beat her alive leaving Aro confused amid the two. With a shaking pitch, Dorothea spoke but kept a firm sentence knowing she shouldn't provoke the man anymore.

"When I discovered my powers, I had more than I anticipated. I didn't lie to you entirely, Aro! I did possess the ability to see people's past and control someone with a single touch but- But! at the same time, I found out that I could recognize someone's future till death without any defect. I-I have many justifications for not telling you this but you know that possessing the power to see the future. I have to be shut at most moments."

Everyone was shocked to discover her abilities as Dorothea had more than 2 wondrous capabilities in her hold.

This did make them hesitate their judgments while Aro remains pierced in his face. While waiting for the leader's proposal, there was a heavy and dreadful stillness in the room, it was cumbersome for them but for Dorothea, she felt like she was facing the death reaper again but this time horror was as clear as crystal.

"The reason you gave is a ridiculous defence. And I won't ask why you concealed this as I have a clear view on why. I won't forgive you, but punishment will be held. As penalty you shall not be anywhere near the Volturi's till I give you so- Jane!!"

Dorothea was appalled at first at his words, expecting worse but when hearing Jane being requested she knew that she had arranged her hope up too high. Dorothea had shared eye contact with Jane as Aro and Caius left the room in a cloudy mood, Jane had a sinister look as she had been desiring this moment for so long.

Dorothea was able to catch Marcus and Alec's features, seeing them appear pitiful and sympathetic toward the girl but Dorothea gave Jane permission by her sweet enormous smile while the men watch her, accepting it as Aro's way of disciplining for not to lie anymore.

(╥︣.╥)

Outside the mansion by Alice's car, Edward had locked Bella inside the car telling her not to say a word while he dread Alice about their youngest sister. Jasper was the one harboring it the more critically, he was aching to extinguish someone, especially the mortal in the car.

But Alice and Edward had held him back countless times and slowly, they are losing the strength to stop him. Everything had gone downhill when they hear a pitchy and heartsick scream from within the mansion that they all apprehended well.

Dorothea was being abused in there, her outcry was open to revealing how serious she was in anguish, yet, she wasn't calling out for help and this hurt Jasper, knowing his mate believe she was at fault for being right and keeping it safe.

Jasper wouldn't think twice, hustling and scampering after Dorothea to prevent her from feeling this horrible emotion that he could feel just by her voice, his feet up the stairs of the Volturi's mansion but Edward had pinned him down to the ground.

Jasper felt himself crying out for the girl, knowing how much Dorothea's fear of pain tricks him into going psycho. "Get. Off. Me." Himself, letting out a cry similar to Dorothea's but more deadly and feral, ready to tear someone into two.

He wasn't himself, his tone was filled with venom, he just wanted Dorothea to laugh and giggle as she would evermore do, yet he wasn't even in the same room where she was hurt and in agony.

Edward had felt what Jasper was feeling, especially with the male's mind going haywire with things when he heard Dorothea's yells but he knows if Jasper went in there, another one of his siblings is going to get injured.

Jasper got infuriated and flip Edward over, harshly, repeatedly he bash Edward's head on the ground making it shake and break the ground into cracks. Recognizing his anger on Edward since he wasn't granting him a run to Dorothea.

"Stop! You're hurting him!" Jasper had halted, catching Bella's desperate voice but he scoffs before turning his head sharply, concentrating on the girl inside the car. "I'm hurting him, your love? GOOD! You hurt mine! What Edward is feeling isn't anywhere near what Thea is feeling. Since you started this-"

Jasper stood up and was ready to attack Bella but Edward was faster, gripping tightly to his ankle to stay glued on one spot, nonetheless, Jasper has more power, and gradually with his harsh glare got closer to Bella, even with Edward's weight holding him back.

The mortal was trembling in fear at the sight, inching at the edge of the car hoping it would somehow save her knowing Edward isn't capable to fight head-on with Jasper.

"Oh my-! Dorothea!!" Throughout this whole drama, Dorothea had gone through her torture and had collapsed due to the several pain she had felt in one setting.

Alec had stopped his sister once Dorothea had gone limp on the ground, knowing if he didn't the vampire would have died. Marcus had accommodated him also and carried Dorothea in his arms, leading outside where Dorothea's family was anticipating restlessly for her.

What Alec and Marcus didn't expect was that Jasper had rushed off to them almost colliding with them after Alice had yelled out for the unconscious vampire, grimly taking Dorothea for himself.

Seeing Dorothea in such a situation, made all his anger burst as despair and sorrow had obtained over him, he gave Alec and Marcus a grateful half-smile acknowledging that they were the only two in the Volturi whom Dorothea would trust her life with.

"You should take her back to Carlisle. Jane did a great deal on her. I'm scared she wouldn't be able to wake up in a few days." Alec declaimed up to Jasper who was delicately putting Dorothe's hair behind her ear but nods in harmony.

With much persuading, Alice took Dorothea from him to carefully set her in the back seat, telling Bella to sit in the passenger seat knowing Jasper would want to seat at the back with her and Dorothea. Nowhere near Bella and Edward.

"I'll tell someone to send her stuff along with yours to Forks. Please tell her to write to me once she's awake. I and Alec won't feel at ease till then. I'm sure Aro would want to know about her condition also."

Marcus had ordered Jasper before following after Alec who had opened the door ready for the man. Jasper had taken in a deep breath, tranquilizing his anger, wanting to avoid a fight on their journey back home with Bella and Edward. "Dorothea is fine. She's going to be fine"