Chapter 8

1935

The Cullen has decided to permanently move to Forks, Washington where they found a great house, and with Esme earning degrees in architecture and art, and has studied photography she had to remodel the house. Dorothea had to conceive Esme and Carlisle to make a few extra rooms which Dorothea considers is going to be useful in the future.

Carlisle had decided to keep quiet first with living in the Forks, keeping calm, and consoling family before starting work.

Today Dorothea and Esme were struggling with the young girl's room design while Edward and Carlisle play a little game of chess which proved to be hard for Carlisle thanks to Edward's abilities. Rose had gone out to hunt far of but Dorothea knew better than she is going to return with a man in her arms but kept quiet from the rest of the family.

When the moon had risen to show its beauty, Dorothea decided to rest on the rooftop to enjoy to view given from the forest to the dark royal blue sky. From the corner of her eyes, she saw Rose harboring a bleeding man in the house then the squabble and yells filled the house.

Not wanting the bustling atmosphere, Dorothea chooses to ignore them until Carlisle calls out her name. Gradually going through the window to see a panicking family and Roselise's pressing Carlisle to turn the wounded boy into our kind. Sensing Dorothea's attendance everyone had desperate eyes on her for answers.

"Why are you all glimpsing at me? Last time I inspect Carlisle is the leader here and we all are bearing his name, not Caddel."

"Thea, please tell Carlisle to turn him. I'm begging here!"

"We can't just turn a random person into a vampire Rose! Who knows he might be a handful," Edward and Rose persisted with each other and Dorothea saw it like a tennis game, this is sure fun for the girl. Carlisle and Esme are prompted to stop them and ask Dorothe's view about the young man on the floor.

Dorothea at first glance at Roseline before shifting to the bleeding man on the floor, touching his bare arm with her ungloved hand Dorothea saw his memories and future. How he was the hardworking son in his family despite the many siblings he had didn't seem to stop his determination to make money for his family, working at a railway before being mauled by a black bear.

Seeing the man's future made Dorothea let out a small giggle, illuminating the mood of the room a bit. "He is going to be a handful that is for sure. But he will play a big role in our life, especially Rose, so, might as well welcome him into the Cullen family."

With that being said, Carlisle and Edward picked the boy up onto the dining table much to Esme's disagreement to turn Emmet. The man is going to be the sunshine in this family to always cheer up the mood which makes Dorothea very exhilarated as the title had confirmed to be very hard for her to hold.

👋≧◉ᴥ◉≦

After 4 days of waiting for him to rise from the dining table, Emmet finally did and his first sight was observing Rosalie and Carlisle while Esme and Edwards are occupied cleaning the man's room.  Dorothea just observes from the corner of the room as Emmet stares in trance at Roselie. "A-Are you an angel? Look at you, your defiantly an angel."

Dorothea let out a snort and laugh at his first word to Rosalie but he didn't stop there as he moved on to address Carlisle. "If she's an angel, you must be God. Just before you punish me, I just would like to say that I am sorry for not praying before bed and eating."

Carlise and Rosalie held a very bewildered look at Emmet's personality while Dorothea relished it very much. Gleefully joining the brut's wild imaginations, she claims out loud, "Hey, Hey, I want to join in. I'm the grim reaper! I brought you here, you're welcome!"

Emmet had a fearful look but the moment he held eyes with Dorothea, he started having doubts about such a scanty girl holding the title of the grim reaper. The male's expression was so obvious, that it made Dorothea pout.

After much explanation and introduction to the family, Emmet finally lets go of his imagination of being in heaven and accepting his new role as the oldest vampire bother. Emmet was gifted with great strength which leads to him and Edward would have wrestling and martial arts practice together, as well as going on hunting trips together.

Emmet and Roselie's connection had proven to be a romantic one as they become mates, Emmet would flourish the girl with various compliments, which Rose fancied, even seeing her as a goddess that if he could he would roll out a red carpet for her to walk on.

Dorothea's bond with Emmet however is just like her bond with Edward just minus the fight and sarcastic remake of each other. Emmet sees Dorothea as his younger sibling that is innocent and should be guarded at all times. Sometimes he would even spoil Dorothea alongside Roselie. Emmet easily gains everyone's heart in the house with his easy-going personality.