Chapter 14

Today is the day, Dorothea stood ahead of the two nomads with Jasper beside her carrying her bag for her. Dorothea had been dragged into a hug by Charlotte who keeps begging her to stay longer since it's been a decade since she had a girlfriend but at the same time she wishes her well and her family.

Peter just presented the girl with a sweet smile and thanked her for contributing time with them even if it can be a headache sometimes.

Once they exchange their farewell they disappeared to give Jasper a few more minutes with his mate, the pair knew how much it hurts Jasper to leave the girl but fully understood that he desires to be in his best to meet Dorothea's family. "I'm going to miss them so much that I could cry!"

"You're going to miss them and not me, darling?" Dorothe giggles, slowly swirling around to face the man with her skirt blowing a little. On the tips of her shoes to give the towering man a short kiss. "You know that the word 'miss' isn't powerful enough for the way I'll feel about you."

Jasper chuckled, loving each word coming out of her mouth as it comes from her heart, "That I know, ma'am." The atmosphere went silent just enjoying each other presence as they stare into each other eyes, taking in their lover's features, too afraid to look away and cut the moment brief.

Dorothea had to split the connection when she overheard her plane flight number is about to take off. To hectic on checking the time that it jolts her to feel a metal being put around her neck.

Peering down to only see a dog tag with Jasper's name on it, letting out a sweet giggle to spin around again but only this time Jasper was quick to launch her into a kiss with arms wrapped around her. "Keep it, I couldn't find anything suitable to give to a girl who has it all."

Dorothea would have blushed if she was a mortal by how Jasper kissed the dog tag, his eyes never leaving her along the action with that stupid smirk on.

"I didn't consider that we were exchanging gifts today. I haven't brought anything for you." Dorothea was upset that she didn't provide anything for the male as she glanced away at the thought of what she could give away to him.

Suddenly, the scarf she had used to tie her hair in a ponytail was gently pulled off making her red wavy hair gracefully fall over her shoulder. "I'll take this. It will motivate me to work harder, so that I can see you faster, darl."

Dorothea secured the scarf, and tied it around Jasper's wrist then gave it a long kiss before looking up at the man with the same smirk Jasper always has. "You shouldn't make a maiden wait for a long time, Mr Whitlock. That isn't a way to win one's heart, especially mine."

"I'll keep that in mind." Their time was cut off once the spokesman spoke up about that last call for Dorothea's flight, Jasper didn't try to conceal his gloomy expression as he watches Dorothea grab her bag from his hand running off in a dash.

But the emotion didn't last long as the girl had run back once more into his arm to share a romantic long kiss even giving a small weird salute before letting out a chuckle, running back off to her plane leaving a bewildered look on Jasper but a grin never leaving the man's face.

(̶◉͛‿◉̶)

Once the plane had hoisted off the ground, Dorothea felt like she was forgetting a piece of her behind which broke her but when her finger touches the new jewelry on her chest made she grew a tremendous smile.

"I'll wait for you." was all Dorothea's mumbles as she kisses the same spot Jasper had on the dog tag while staring out the window, her attitude back to the chid-like one.

What Dorothea doesn't know is that Jasper was doing the identical, fiddling with the scarf on his wrist, with the same smile the girl had on but probably even bigger while ignoring the discussion going on between his friends in the front seat of the car.