The promotion

This is my first time traveling in first class.  The least we can say is that it is comfortable, even the take-off seemed less abrupt to me.  It's incredible the place we have, it feels like home on our sofa.  Darren took it at face value, he lay down squarely, putting his feet on the chair in front of him.  It's nice for Paul sitting next door.
I decide to take advantage of the flight to watch a good movie on my tablet.  I put on the headphones and select a comedy movie, I need to laugh.
I made it to my third movie when I fell asleep.  To be honest, I couldn't sleep last night, thinking too much!  The flight attendant brings me a blanket for the night.  She also shows me how to lengthen the chair.  Yes, because when first class, you can lie down!

- Thanks Paul!
- You're welcome !
- You know why ?
- For this bed worthy of a three star.
- Too strong !
- Good night !

I have already dozed off!

The voice of the flight attendant asking us to tie up for the landing wakes me out of my sleep.  I'm all numb!  I dive slowly, my first reaction is to look out the window.  A wind is blowing over Deauville.

The promotion gets off to a flying start "A drifting couple" is selected at the Deauville festival.  I took part in several Cannes festivals but in Deauville, this is a great first.  I am excited to see behind the scenes of this festival but also to visit the city.  So far, everything I have discovered pleases me, I find France to be a very beautiful country.  The landscape changes regularly and the architecture has a real history.

Paul and Darren are gentlemen.  They take care of retrieving a luggage cart and depositing our suitcases on it.

- Thank you gentlemen!

Paul and Darren curtsy to me, not without humor.

- At your service, madam!
- You guys are so cute.

Wow, the sea view is extraordinary!  Without wasting a second, I leave my hotel room to walk barefoot on the sand.  This one is a bit cool yet we are only in mid-September.  I choose despite everything to dip my feet in the water.  Aaaah!  My God, the Channel is really frozen.  It is even colder than the Pacific Ocean.  I get my feet out of the water faster than I submerged them.  I continue to walk along the ocean walking on the wet sand.
I regularly meet residents of the town.  Most of the time, they recognize me but accustomed to celebrities and having a sense of tact, they just greet me with a nod of the head accompanied by a friendly smile.  Another reason to love France, I have always been very well received by the French.

As I have the evening free, I continue my way to the city.  I take the time to observe the houses, the passing landscape and the alleys, I stroll in front of the windows.
The owner of a bar offers me a coffee.  I eat it hot that's how I prefer it when it almost burns my throat.  I give him back his cup and thank him for this attention, then I sit down on a terrace to order mussels à la Normande accompanied by his fries without forgetting the famous apple pie of the region.
Seeing me eaten alone, a group of regulars invites me to their table.  I join them with pleasure!  Fortunately, a man among them speaks fluent English which makes communication easier for us.  The evening is spent in a good-natured atmosphere, my hosts carry me along on my Californian accent when I dare to put out a few words in French.  I know how to show self-mockery especially when I am accompanied by a benevolent person.

Relaxing is good, working is better!

I'm all set to walk the red carpet.  I opted for a blue velvet suit with a point of shiny thread, a black lace camisole and black velvet and satin pumps.

I join Paul and Darren to go together to the Casino Lucien Barrière where the first part takes place, presentations of the films, selected at the festival.  The streets of Deauville were closed to traffic for the occasion.  This does not prevent them from overflowing with people!  Between the curious and the fans, the driver has such a hard time moving forward that he is forced to honk repeatedly.  We only had 850 meters to walk but it took us almost 45 minutes to cross them.  On foot, we would not have done so quickly but we do not joke about safety!  A few months ago, I would have found that absurd.  I came to understand that no one can be trusted and that it is better to do too much than not enough.

Paul equal to himself ahead of the driver and opens the door for me.  The traditional parade follows: we smile, we politely answer journalists' questions, we pose for the photographers, we wave to the fans and we sign autographs.  It is not unpleasant!

Then comes the moment when we have to take a seat for the viewing of the three films in competition this afternoon.  "A couple adrift" is the latest to be presented.  I enter the Casino accompanied by my two gentlemen and the rest of the team.  The seats are nominative, row six is ​​assigned to us.  I sit with relief on the chair with my name.  I shouldn't have chosen these pumps, in addition to the difficulty of walking with high heels, they pull on my leg which makes me suffer excruciatingly.  Barely seated, I remove the pumps to relieve and rest my leg.  I extend it all the way.

Darren, still clumsy.

- A massage, maybe?
- Oh no, please!  Don't start over with your questionable humor.
- Sorry, are you okay?
- These are the damn heels, I realize to my expense that it's too early to wear them.  I should have asked my physiotherapist.
- Do you have a physiotherapist?

Darren doesn't pay attention to the tabloid press, a good point for him and his painful humor.

- It's a long story, I'll tell it to you later if you invite me to dinner.
- With pleasure !

The room fills up, the lights go out slowly until they are left in the dark.  The spotlights illuminate the scene.  A French actress makes her entrance, she is the mistress of ceremony.  The public gets up and warmly welcomes him.  She waits for the end of the applause to speak.

His presentation speech finished, the lights go out fully to make room for the screening of the films.  I find myself in total darkness, sitting between Paul and Darren, I find it very intimate, almost embarrassing.
"A Drifting Couple" is the latest film to be screened.  To date, the reviews are rather positive, it remains to be seen whether the public in Deauville will be receptive.

As was the case with the first two films, once the end credits are over, the lights come on again.  The audience gets up and cheers the team.  It is the duration, resonance, number of claps and whistles that determine the audience's appreciation.  They seem to have enjoyed it because the hubbub does not weaken and continues to progress.  Our efforts are rewarded, to see his sweat and his determination to give the best of his person to bring a character to life, to be approved by the public is a consecration.  The team is happy, we got unanimous support from the assembly.
Standing in the middle of the crowd, Paul hugs me as if to say thank you.  It is I who thank him, thanks to him, I made a name for myself in the world of French cinema.  I look up to his to show him my gratitude to him.

Barefoot and pumps in hand, I head for the casino games room where the rest of the festivities take place.  I challenge Darren.

- Going for a roulette duel?
- Are you ready to lose?
- In your dreams !

I lost, four times in a row!

- Ok, I give up, you won!
- You want to play your revenge in poker?
- You're lucky I'm not a bad player, part!

I am a very bad loser, I just hide appearances.  That's why I accepted a game of poker.  I absolutely have to win this game.  I put the pumps on the stool next to me.  I sit down and tilt my head right then left to stretch myself.  Come on Kristy, focus!  You can't let him win one more time.  Show him that you can beat him.

Yes, this time it's for me!

- Looks like the odds have turned in your favor.
- Let's say that you are good at roulette and I'm good at poker.

I wasn't going to let him win for the fifth time in a row, I'm not used to being ridiculed.

The evening continues until the early hours of the morning.  Games of chance, gambling, vintage champagne, luxurious dinner with an exceptional menu, cabaret, everything is done to make us want to stay and even come back.  The Casino Lucien Barrière and the city of Deauville play their reputation every year during the festival and take the opportunity to get international publicity.

Leaning against the balcony of my hotel room, I admire the sunrise over the English Channel, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice in my hand.  The promotion has only just started but I already feel that it will be promising.