First argument

Ten days that I am hospitalized, I take control exams and if the results are good, tomorrow at the first hour I go home.  Finally, my coming out to my family went very well.  I should have trusted my loved ones.  They all came to see me at least once during my stay in the hospital.  My parents circulated the info so with each new visit, I was treated to the endless formula "I never would have suspected it"!

I send a message to Thelma, it is not worth coming to see me before this evening because the exams will take a good part of the day.
The nurse explains to me the course of the medical procedure.  She will start by taking a blood test to check that no infection has developed as a result of the open fracture of the left tibia.  I would then go down to the radiology department to take an X-ray of the tibia to make sure that the fractured bone had healed well in three different places.  At the beginning of the afternoon, I would be entitled to a little nap in order to carry out an electroencephalogram and to finish, I would go back down to pass a brain scan to confirm the absence of hematoma.

The sun is gradually declining, its rays warming the room.  The day has been tiring, all that remains is to wait for the results.  Someone's knocking at the door.

- Come in !
- Good evening Miss Watters!  I'm Owen your regular physiotherapist.  It is with me, that you will rehabilitate your leg, once your cast is removed.  Which is not immediately as you know but I wanted to see you before your departure.  How do you feel ?
- Well thank you, I can't wait to get out of here and also to start rehabilitation.

The discussion flows naturally, Owen knows how to start a conversation.  It must be said that his athletic body and his acting smile have a lot to do with it.  The sun is no longer visible from the window when he thanks me for this exchange.  Before retiring he makes me fill out a questionnaire, we make an appointment and hands me his business card.  He's about to leave when the door opens.  I discover a radiant Thelma in her denim overalls held up by a single strap and a linen bra, her hair in a mess wrapped in haste.  Owen and Thelma nod to each other.
Thelma watches me with a mischievous eye.

- Tell me !
- Who's that person ?
- My physiotherapist
- Your physiotherapist, but let's see!
- Aren't you jealous by any chance?
- Me, jealous!  No, why would I be jealous of a guy who is the spitting image of Channing Tatum.  Without forgetting that guys are your first loves!
- You are jealous !
- OF COURSE I'm jealous, you are not going to tell me that this guy did not catch you in the eye, even me, pure lesbian I noticed that it is a sex bomb.

I burst out laughing.

- Come here !

Thelma pouted to pretend to be saddened.  I put my arms around her.

- You are the only one who matters to me until the end of time!
- I prefer !
- But it is true that it is to die for!
- Aaaah, I'm going to pull your hair out!

Thelma pushes me against the bed, I pulled her towards me by her overalls strap.  The instant of a kiss, time stands still!

- You are different, I do not know what to change in you.  I found your joy of living!
- I have something on my heart to tell you!
- You're freaking me out!
- No, you have no reason to worry, I had the best day of my life!

I tell him about my meeting with Angel while I passed out.  How handsome he is and looks like me, all I could tell him that I regretted not having told him before, that he did not prejudice me for his death.

- You realize what that means.  He came to see me, he loves me!
- Kristy, I don't know how to tell you that but, you were passed out, you were sleeping.  It was only a dream !
- You don't believe me, right?  Do you take me for a liar?
- No, I believe you, but what you saw is not reality.  It never happened, what you saw came from your imagination.
- I know what I saw and it was real!
- You have just experienced in a short time two shocks both physical and emotional, it's normal to have this kind of dream.  Your psyche plays tricks on you, it denies reality to suffer less.

I burst into tears and get exasperated!

- I do not agree.  I was there, I saw him, I spoke to him.  I took him in my arms, I felt him against me, I kissed him.  It was real and not my imagination and if you don't want to admit it, it's your problem not mine.  I'm not crazy, you hear me, I'm not crazy!
- Ok, let's calm down!  We're not going to argue.  There is no point in getting into this state.  I never said that you were crazy but that you are emotionally fragile, which is understandable under the circumstances.
- I want you to go!
- You're kidding!
- No, I'm not kidding, go away!
- You get angry for a trifle and at the slightest disagreement you run away.  You will have to learn to face your problems because avoiding your responsibilities will not make you move forward in life.
- Thank you for your lesson in life.  But it seems to me that if anyone takes responsibility here, it's me.  Who was cuckolded, who got pregnant and was dumped, who had to have an abortion and lost her child and who was beaten like a common animal.  So I don't need your advice, you can save it for someone else.
- I see !  You're right, I'd better go since you don't need me.
- That's it, break it!

Thelma leaves the room, slamming the door behind her.  I am stunned by his behavior!
How dare she give me advice when she's never been through what I've been through.  How can she afford to judge me?  She who has not experienced what I have endured.  It is impossible to know what a person may feel deep inside until you have experienced it yourself, whether this suffering is physical or mental or both at the same time.  The only way to understand is to live it.

I begin to open my eyes to his intentions.  She's too selfish, too obsessed with her little person to care about my feelings.  She wants to use me like a puppet.  Could it be for this reason that she accosted me in this bar?  She probably thinks I'm weak.  But today I am stronger than ever.
It remains to be seen if Thelma sincerely loves me for who I am or did she just want to play with me ?