The tattoo

- What are you doing ?
- I'm stuck in traffic, does that ring a bell?
- Where are you ?
- On Interstate 405!
- But where were you?
- At Mont Mc Gee!
- What were you doing there?
- Paragliding my beauty!
- Another extreme sport on your long list.
- You have to live as long as you are alive, right?
- I would like you to be careful when you practice this kind of activity, you never know what can happen.
- Yes, sister, don't worry, I manage!

The conversation continues throughout the journey.  Christopher, headphones in his ears, tells me about his exploits of the day.  Adrenaline, there is nothing like it to feel alive according to him.  Bungee jumping, rock climbing, rafting and so on and now paragliding he tries them all.  We hang up when we find ourselves facing each other.  We hug for a long time!

- I missed you it's been a long time since we saw each other!
- I miss you too, I've had a bit of a busy schedule these days.  I was to help shape the charity gala that took place last week.
- I saw the report, congratulations for the donations collected.  It's great, you will be able to move forward in your project for the refuge house.
- I am satisfied, the evening was fruitful!
- You need me ?
- I need you to take me to town.
- Couldn't Thelma come with you?
- We yelled at each other.
- Again !
- Let's say she's a little jealous.  I feel like I'm coming out with Elliot but in a female version.
- If she gets you drunk, just drop her!

He is not wrong, I thought about it!  But the life of a couple is somewhat different, if we had to leave each other at each disagreement ... and then there are gray areas at Thelma that I must discover!

- Let's go ?

We meet in front of a tattoo parlor, the Fantasy Tattoo!  I chose it because the owner is renowned for his talent but also for his hygiene requirements.  But no question that he misses me or that I catch a piece of crap!

- This is where you take me?  At a tattoo artist?
- Exact !
- Do you want to get a tattoo?
- That's good, you quickly understand what I see!
- What do you want to get tattooed?
- I want to enter my son's first name.

I want its existence and its passage on earth to be indelible!  I want Angel to be engraved in my flesh forever, that he will never leave me, that he be embedded in my being for eternity, that there be proof that he has returned to my life!

- And where do you want to get a tattoo?

My voice knots under the effect of emotion!

- Just above my left breast so that it is close to my heart.  Okay, let's go!
- You are sure of that ?  Afterwards, you won't be able to change your mind, a tattoo is permanent.
- That's the purpose of tattooing, no!

The living room looks like an art gallery with its black concrete slabs, its walls sometimes white and sometimes black.  The decor is uncluttered and frames hung on the walls showcase the best tattoos done before.
The living room appears empty except for a slight noise coming from another room, presumably the dermograph the tattoo artist must be using.  On the black lacquered counter, a bell similar to the one found at the front desk of most hotels is eyeing me.  I decide to use it to warn of our presence.  A voice screams at us that it won't be long enough and invites us to sit in the armchairs placed at our disposal.  Christopher took the opportunity to leaf through files where all the tattoos subsequently made since the opening of the show are listed.
Two men end up making their appearance, obviously a client and the boss.  He makes final recommendations, the customer pays for his service and leaves looking satisfied.

- Hello, your turn!  Did you have a date?
- Yes, in the name of Watters!

He checks his electronic diary.

- Miss Kristy Watters!
- That's right !
- So we will be able to go into the room where everything is playing, follow me!  Ah, before I forget!  Me, it's Steven!

He disinfects the chair and then invites me to sit down.  While he is preparing the material, he asks me some questions.

- Have you ever done tattoos?
- No, it's my first!
- It's your baptism, then!  You will see, we quickly become addicted.  What do you want to do and where?
- I want to tattoo the name Angel on my chest.

I show him a sketch that I scribbled on a piece of paper.

- Can I ask you the meaning of that first name?
- He's my son, I lost him.  I mean, he's ... passed away.
- So I have a better idea for you!

He takes a red wooden pencil and a sheet, a magnificent drawing is born there.  Angel writes in calligraphy with a small full heart just above the A and an angel hanging from the L.

- When do you think ?
- It's superb, sober but significant at the same time.  As soon as you look at the tattoo, you understand the message.  I adopt it!
- I'm warning you, it's a bit painful.

Christopher enters the scene.

- We can see that you are not watching TV.  This woman is a miracle.  She survived much more terrible than that.
- It's going to be fine, I can handle the pain quite well.  I am not cozy.  Plus, it can't be more painful than the one I'm experiencing in my leg.
- What happened to you ?
- An asshole beat her up!
- My God, is he not even responsible for your son?
- No, I lost it long before.  I have bad karma right now.

Half an hour later !

- And here it is.  I am very sorry for your son, my condolences!
- Already, thank you, this is the first time that I have been told.

- So, not even bad!
- Frankly, only wimps can find it painful.
- To me, this is the first time that I have been told that for a first tattoo.  How do you find him ?
- He is perfect !
- For the moment, your skin is excessively red.  This is completely normal, it will fade over time.  Within three weeks you will have fully healed.  In the meantime, keep your tattoo away from the sun because there is a fairly significant risk of burns, do not bathe for the next three days and apply this cream morning and evening.

He hands me a tube of water-based Aloe Vera cream for good hydration of the skin.  I collect my things while thanking him.

- Hope to see you again, next time young man it will be your turn!

Coming out of the tattoo parlor, I feel that a crack in me has closed.  I'm not fooled, I know it's only in my head but it makes me feel good!

- We celebrate with a beer?  I feel you need some fresh air.
- I especially need to be with my favorite big brother!