The evening

Tonight, I'm swapping my frayed skinny and cropped top for something a little more classy.
I put on a tight dress but not too tight that arrives just above the knees to highlight my curves.  It is cherry red like my lipstick with a square neckline.  I tie my hair in Indian braids that I end in a ponytail to let my hair fall down my back.  Even tied this way, they reach mid-buttock.  The green of my eyes contrasts with the coppery eye shadow, similar to my hair.  I complete my outfit with my all-purpose black ballerinas.  They go with all my outfits and at the same time they are very comfortable.
I like casual outfits but I also like being feminine.  I know how to be flirtatious when necessary.
I watch myself in front of the bathroom mirror.  I like the result.  If Elliot was there, he would have made short work of me.

....
So that the party remains discreet in the face of the paparazzi.  Paul preferred to reserve the hotel's large reception hall.  I am grateful to him.
The party is in full swing.  I find the room too stuffy with its baroque decoration.  Its bling bling chandeliers that shine as bright as the flashes of photographers.  His garish paintings depicting scenes of war with their golden frames.  There are chairs all around the room, but why?  And this mixture of saffron yellow and cream, it stings the eyes!

Paul comes to meet me with a flute of champagne in each hand.  He hands me one.

- And a sparkling glass of champagne for the most beautiful woman of this evening!

I'm blushing.  Must say that Paul is thirty years older than me.  He could be my father.

- Thank you, I say embarrassed.

I change the conversation.

- Your evening is very successful!

I taste a sip of champagne.

- Wow!  He's really good.
- Is not it !  It was the hotel sommelier who advised me.  How do you feel ?  Sometimes I felt like I was asking too much of you, pushing you to the limit.  But I wanted so much to make sure everything was perfect that I preferred to close my eyes to what you might be experiencing or feeling rather than not being completely satisfied with the scene.
- Don't worry, I'm fine!  I'm just a little tired.  But it's just because I wanted to be in perfect harmony with my character.  Besides, I like to be tortured when I work!  So I don't blame you.  Everything is fine !

....
Between the champagne, the music and the ambient heat my head is spinning a little.  I decide to go to the buffet to eat some petits fours.  I don't know which ones to choose, too many choices: smoked salmon, tarama, shrimp, chorizo, bacon, different cheeses, this one must be Blue.  Too bad, I take a few at random.

The fact that I have eaten makes me feel better.  I decide to go dancing with the others.
I do not regret my ballet flats.  It is really very practical for dancing.  At least I wouldn't have sore feet.
I like to dance, besides I don't think I'm bad.  The DJ that I had not even seen until then, connects all styles of music.  There is something for every taste.  Me, as long as I can swing my hips, I don't care what happens.
I put my glass on a table to free my hands.
In the middle of the room, a group has formed.  I dance with everyone.  No matter who wants to dance, I'm up for it.  I let go.  I'm having a whale of a time.  I invent a choreography.  It's entertaining.  I don't know if that sounds like something.  It does not matter.  The other girls in the group join me.  We burst out laughing.
When suddenly, the light is dimmed.  Some are a bit heated.  Not the ones I expected.
I think it must be my case too because I ramble, Darren approaches me.  It is not as usual.  He looks at me strangely.  He has a mischievous look as if he wanted to seduce me.  No, I'm just getting some ideas.  It is a mirage caused by alcohol.  However, I only had two drinks during the evening.  Be careful, he is approaching!

- Tell me, I see you like to dance.
- I am not doing badly !

And shit, the DJ is spinning a slow.  Rotten in addition, a boy band.

- You dance ?

But why is he looking at me with his peacock eyes?  It starts to swell me.

- Uh, no I don't think so.
- Just go a dance!

And besides, he insists.  Now is the time I wish Elliot was here.

- That would be inappropriate.
- I don't see how?
- You may be alone but I am in a relationship.  The slows, I reserve them for my other half.

Darren tries to hide his disappointment half-heartedly.

- Ok, I didn't think you were that prudish.  It's just a dance!

Except that I don't want his dance.  I find that he takes his ease a little too much.  Alcohol does not suit him.  He should drink less.  How many drinks has he had tonight?  I never saw him with his hands free that evening.

- Are you going to stick me like that for a long time?

He gets angry to become almost as red as my dress.

- Hula!  Madame is upset.  Or the shoot is over so you can finally show us your true nature.  Don't worry!  I'll leave you, I thought you were more interesting anyway.

I sigh.  Finally, he walked away.  I was starting to run out of oxygen.

....
To close the evening, Paul has planned a three-tiered round cake.  It is magnificent and makes you want to taste it!  It is covered with almond paste degraded to frosty green, sea green and fir green which represents wild flowers.  At the bottom of each base, the marzipan forms a dark gray green ribbon.

The light of the filthy chandeliers has regained its glow.  We all gather around the table to admire the masterpiece.  Jacques, the assistant director begins to cut the cake.  While Paul does the distribution in cream-colored porcelain dessert plates with designs similar to the paintings on the wall.
I think after spending so much energy on the dance floor, I can have fun.  The share is very generous.  The cake is as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside.  The almond sponge cake takes on the sea green and the white chocolate cream is frosty green.
Mmmm, delicious!  I savor while keeping in the mouth for a moment.  I end up eating my whole plate without guilt.

Discussions are going well!  When the music suddenly stops.  The managers of the hotel are afraid that the music will wake up other guests.  It's 3 a.m.  Without music the party is not really one.  So the guests take leave one after the other.  Finally, I decide to do like them.  I go to meet Paul to thank him one last time.  He's from the back, I put my hand on his shoulder.

- Paul, I'm going to bed, I have a plane to catch later.  I'm going home today.

Paul with a broad smile.

- Once again, you were awesome!  It is a pleasure to work with you.  I hope to do it again next time.
- Me too Paul, it was a pleasure!  We'll talk about it again, you have my contact details.  See you for the promotion anyway.  Go to later!

Paul hugs me like a father would.

- Take care of yourself.  You know how cruel Hollywood can be!

Oh yes !  I know only too well.  I kiss her tenderly on the cheek.  I want to cry, I will miss him.  Then, so as not to show him my emotion, I slip away.