Friendship, stronger than all

Sitting comfortably on the bench, a non-alcoholic cocktail on the table in front of me, I observe Thelma from afar.  Behind the counter, she is training with a colleague for an upcoming Bartenders competition which will take place during the promotion of my film.  I have never seen him so focused or so serious since meeting her.  She reminds me of myself when I play a character.  We feel that she fully lives what she does, nothing exists around, nothing matters but her art, not even me!  It suits me, I can observe it discreetly.  With her eyes fixed on her glass, she calculates to the millimeter the dosage of each drink, the gesture must be precise to create the best cocktail which must be as good as it is beautiful.  He must catch the eye of the jury in a fraction of a second to make the difference with the other candidates.

The Majestic hotel is in a great location on Hollywood Boulevard.  I have already been there for an interview.  That's when she spotted me.  Had she spotted other women before me using the same process?  A lot of questions are still circling in my head.  Am I paranoid or am I right to worry?  Her behavior is more than strange, sometimes joyful, loving and caring, sometimes angry, jealous and possessive.  Her personality is so complex that it becomes ambiguous.

I'm waiting for Frédérique for a dinner with friends.  She's late so I give her a call, just a precaution!  Don't worry, she'll be here soon.  My glass is empty, so I call to the guy who is with Thelma at the bar to get me another drink.  I see Frederique arriving at last, I make a sign to her so that she can see me, she is not alone.  What did I say !  As soon as Frederique enters her field of vision, she takes the trouble to raise her eyes from her shaker with her stern gaze that I know too well now.

My God, I think I'm dreaming, I want to cry too much!  It is Joana who accompanies Frédérique.  I extricate myself as best I can, trapped between the bench and the table and get up to meet Joana.  This one is just as moved as me.  She doesn't even know if she should continue moving forward or not!  Me I advance, arrived at his height, we find ourselves like two idiots not knowing what to say not knowing what to do.  Finally, we throw ourselves into each other's arms, dropping my crutches on the floor with a crashing noise.  It's good to find a loved one you thought was lost.
We sit down at our table under Thelma's accusing eye.  Frédérique, sitting between Joana and me, wraps her arms around us.

- Finally reunited all three as before!  Promise me we will never separate again, whatever happens, we stay together like rocks.

Joana and I in chorus.

- Promised!

- Kristy, I'm really sorry!  If you only knew how bad I feel.  I don't understand why I reacted this way.
- You were in shock.  You needed to take a step back.  I understand you, myself, I still do not understand everything that is going on right now in my head or even in my heart.
- I made you suffer, I'm really sorry, I should have been with you but I freaked out.  I admit that I always find it weird that you love a woman, but if you're happy, so am I.
- I'm sorry, the main thing is that you came back.  This is friendship, realizing your mistakes and forgiving.
- Tell me what can I do for you?
- You just have to come with me to the hospital.  I have to do an X-ray and if all goes well, the plaster is removed and in the process I see the physiotherapist.  He has to explain to me how I should walk with one crutch without straining my leg too much.
- Good idea !  When are you going ?
- Friday at 3 p.m.!

Frédérique, who until then had remained silent.

- And your attacker, they found him?
- No, not yet, they are looking for any traces of DNA on the clothes I was wearing at the time of the attack.  We will still have to be patient.

I sigh !

I would have thought Thelma would have joined us after her training was over.  I was wrong, she spun leaving me a message telling me that she had something to do.  Jealousy when you hold us!  So, as I still can't drive, it's the girls who take me home.  When they get home, they take the opportunity to take a dip in the swimming pool.  I take advantage of the setting sun to discover myself.  I take off my shirt to find myself in a tank top with thin straps.  The girls move closer to the edge of the pool.