Media exit

A crowd of hungry carnivores met in front of the hospital to hunt with agility and speed the last essential event not to be missed if they want to be the first to devour their prey.

Standing on my two crutches, I observe in my shelter, my predators by the only window of my room.  Clumped against each other, they are a good fifty!  Cameras, cameras and microphones in hand, they are ready to be drawn.
I will soon have to get out of my refuge and cross the crocodile pit.  Yesterday evening shortly after Thelma left, Doctor Flores came to see me to confirm that all the risks were removed and therefore that I could go home today.  I can't wait to breathe the fresh outside air and find my cozy cocoon.

Since Thelma left, I have thought about it!  My reaction was somewhat exaggerated.  I have been excessive in nature since my earliest childhood, I got it from my maternal grandmother.  Still, his behavior calls out to me!  I'm going to stay on my toes and be more attentive to the future, his words and his reactions, hoping to be just paranoid.
I sit on the sofa, the one where my parents discovered my bisexuality and my relationship with Thelma.  For my family, I have to be sure of Thelma's feelings and not screw it up with her.  It was a real shock for them, I cannot afford to inflict other such intense emotions on them after all its successive painful events.
I call Thelma to apologize for being tough on her.  I fall on his answering machine so I leave him a message.  "Hi it's me, sorry about yesterday, I was on edge, so I reacted unreasonably.  Let's forget everything and start from zero, you want!  I'm going out this morning, call me back, kisses ".

I understood the lesson well!  From now on, some things will remain for me, I cannot tell him everything.  I remain convinced that I did not dream of meeting my son.  Even if it is paranormal, some thing cannot be explained and this exchange is part of it.  If I believe in the existence of spirits and energies, it is not the case with Thelma, who is much more rational than me.

The nurse hands me my medical file.

- Ready?
- Ready!
- I wish you good luck with what awaits you outside!
- Thank you, don't worry, I'm used to it.  I've been experiencing this harassment on a daily basis for a few years now.  We ended up whether to do more or less!
- Goodbye and good recovery!

We shake hands.  My father and brother arrive in time to help me finish packing my bags.  It is not easy to store your things in the suitcase on two crutches.  Fortunately, the men in the family are gentlemen!

- Your mother couldn't come!  We have an administrative problem in a Carson City grocery store.
- That's not important ?
- No, but you have to take care of it right away if you don't want it to become.  She will come see you later.

Christopher, proud of him!

- We have filled your fridge, you have nothing to do!
- Thank you bro!  It's been ten days that I do nothing but rest and yet I feel empty!
- It's normal sweetie, you've come a long way!  We were really afraid of losing you, you know!

A three-way hug and you feel invigorated!

A wheelchair is waiting for me in the hallway next to the door.  It will be much easier and faster to get to the car.  Especially when we know that we will have to go through the media jungle!

The media let's talk about it!  Following their insistent pressure, Doctor Flores had no choice but to make a statement at an impromptu press conference in the hospital parking lot under the direction of the Los Angeles Police Department.  He contented himself with reading his speech approved by the Sheriff who gave him very precise instructions for writing it.  The Sheriff has honored his promise by hiding the real reason for my assault and passing it off as a physical assault following a robbery gone wrong.  I would never know how to thank him for his true worth.  He simply saved my career!  But journalists as usual do not stop there.  They also want my side of the story.  They just have to put their fingers in their eyes!  I would not make any statement today or ever!

In the lobby, we watch the crowd through the sliding doors.  My father carries my travel bag while my brother pushes my wheelchair.  I put the crutches on my knees and tie my pouch over my shoulder.  It wasn't just the journalists and paparazzi who got the news, the fans were also there.  The door is still closed and we are 200 meters from it but we still manage to hear their cries.  Barriers have been put in place to secure the perimeter between the entrance to the hospital and the car.  Security guards are scattered all over the place to make sure there is no incident.
Usually I never miss an opportunity to spend some time with them.  For me, signing autographs or taking selfies is part of the job.  It is an exercise for which I like to devote myself.  It makes my fans happy and me too.

- We will have fun !  You should have done a little beauty!

My brother and his humor, sometimes you have to follow!

We advance, the door opens, the cries are heard more and become more strident still.  With a frank smile, I wave my hand at the countless number of fans present.  They are surprised when they discover my face.  I understand it, I am unrecognizable, I look more like a zombie than a human being with all these wounds that have not finished healed and the bruises that go through all the colors.  Skip the astonishment, the hysteria starts again!  A security guard suggests that I get rid of the crutches to be more comfortable.  I thank him for this attention.  He accompanies my father to the vehicle to store my things.  Meanwhile, I ignore the paparazzi screaming my name.  They want me to look at their lenses so they can take their multi-thousand dollar photo.  Journalists overwhelm me with questions that I have no desire to answer.  I sign as many autographs as I can afford to help my brother control the wheelchair.  The fans give me gifts of all kinds, plush toys, letters, chocolates and candies, it's good for morale, not to mention flowers.  I quickly find myself with my knees cluttered with presents.  I find it so adorable that I am moved almost to tears but without counting the security guards who find the time long and press me towards the car where my father is waiting for me.  A last wave of the hand and a burst of kissing before leaving!  Some fans cry as if a loved one is missing, it's a dream come true!

During the trip, I have a doubt!  I don't remember seeing the keys to the house in my bag.  I prefer to check to be sure.  I dig into the pouch and come across an object that is familiar to me.  I grab it and pull it out of the wallet.  A little piece of paper folded in four!  I unfold it slowly, this writing, this smell.  I close my eyes, I'm back in this ocean-style bar.  My eyes are in hers, I can feel the warmth of her skin and her hand in my hair.

Undoubtedly, this woman intoxicates me!