I sober up !

The car is driving straight ahead of me.  She's not slowing down.  They say that when you are on the verge of death, you see your life parade.  I can't see anything other than this car driving at me.  I do not move, I am too paralyzed by fear.  Only a few seconds left before impact!

Boris throws himself on the road to come to my aid!  He jumps up and lies on top of me to protect me.  The driver finally looks up.  When she sees us it's already too late.  She brakes and the car begins to pound, leaving behind tire tracks on the road.  We roll in a ball to the sidewalk opposite.  The march stops our momentum.  My head bangs against this one.
The driver remains frozen, in shock.  My head is dizzy, it makes me dizzy.  With difficulty, I sit down on the curb.  I am partly sober!  I rest the palm of my hand on my forehead, wincing.  I open and close my eyes several times to come to my senses.  I turn my head towards Boris, he is covered with wounds and scratches.

- Thank you !
- You have nothing ?
- No and you ?
- Like you, just badly messed up!

My arms and face are all scratched up and bruises are starting to form.  My lower lip is bleeding, I must have bit it while falling.  I have an open wound on my right elbow.  I was lucky that Boris was there, without him I would have been knocked down by the vehicle.  Passers-by and those close to Thelma congregate around us.  No one pays attention to the driver, who is still behind the wheel of his vehicle.  Angry Thelma reproaches me.

- You're crazy !  But what did he take from you?

I do not see what I can answer him.  Even I don't know how this could have happened.  Ten seconds earlier, I was on the sidewalk opposite, my beer in my hand.  How did I get to the middle of the road?  The black hole !

- Go push yourself, make some air, there is nothing more to see!

Everyone is reassured, more fear than harm!  Thelma's father makes sure the driver is not injured.  She has no injuries, she is just a little shocked.  She justified herself by saying that she had not seen us and that she regretted this incident.

- Let's go home, we must disinfect all that!

Passers-by resume the course of their lives while the driver having recovered from her emotions restarts and disappears as quickly as she arrived.

Thelma looks at me fiercely!

- I told you to stop drinking!  You could have died under that car and drag Boris with you!  You are really unconscious!  Just because you're unhappy right now, doesn't mean you have to do anything!

I know she's right, I apologize to Boris even if that doesn't fix my mistake.  I just wanted to forget about my pain and the gaping hole I have deep in my bowels.  Get away from it all for a few hours!

The alcohol is still working, I don't feel any pain despite my injuries.  I have a bitter taste of blood in my mouth.
I stand up with some difficulty, helping Thelma, my head still dizzy.  I go to the bathroom where I spit a mixture of saliva and blood in the sink.  Sitting on the edge of the tub, Thelma washes and disinfects my wounds by patting them with sterile compresses.

- Are you still mad at me?
- Kristy, you don't realize what just happened!  I was really scared!
- I know, excuse me!  It won't happen again, I promise!

I squeeze her around the waist and lay my head on her stomach.  She strokes my hair and kisses my hair.

- How about we go home?

The engine barely purrs when I dozed off in the car, my head on Thelma's shoulder.  When I reach my destination, Thelma caresses me tenderly to wake me up and whispers in my ear.

- Sweetie wake up, we have arrived.

I haven't been completely sober, I still feel the effects.  I wake up slowly, take the time to stretch myself and yawn.
I do not remember that this porch is so many steps.  The ascent is long, I lean against the wall while Thelma opens the door.  The light in the hallway dazzles me, I hide my eyes with my elbow.

- Ah, Thelma turns off the light!
- Yeah, and how do you get around in the dark?  You only had to drink less, you would have less headache.

I walk like an automated robot.  I remove my clothes as best I can while walking.  I drop them to the ground as I move forward.  I stop in the middle of the corridor on the first floor.  I turn around and go back.

- Did you forget something?

I push Thelma against the hallway wall.  I kiss her passionately on the mouth then in the neck, on her cleavage and returns to her mouth.  I lift her dress, stroking it to undress her in turn.

- Kristy, you're drunk!
- Yes and ?
- I don't have sex with you while you're drunk.

I pretend I haven't heard and continue to kiss her.  She holds back her dress, her forehead against mine.

- You never listen when I talk to you.
-No !
- It almost cost your life!

I blow !

- Ok, I didn't understand tonight!

Thelma laughs.

- I do not see what is funny!
- You are so drunk that you forgot that you cannot have sex yet.

She shows me my sanitary napkin stuck in my panties by pulling on it.  I forgot that I had to wait a few more days before being fully healed.  Also, I didn't think about changing my towel too busy getting drunk.  Suddenly, the sanitary napkin overflowed and I end up with bloodstained underpants.  We don't laugh nervously, especially me.
Suddenly a great fatigue seizes me, I go back to yawning.  Thelma bites my lip.

- Have !
- You should go to bed!  I'll join you right away!

I wash and change quickly.  My body is heavy and painful!  I slump into the bed heavily, and snore as soon as my body touches the mattress.
When Thelma joins me, I have been in Morpheus' arms for a long time.