CHP 18 || Such An Annoyance

Start bij het begin

"That's what I'm saying! You are always busy. But I don't want you to be."

"I don't get you."

"I want to show you what life has to offer. Besides studying... studying... and more studying. I want to take you out to malls, to theme parks, to floating markets, to concerts, to everything. And before you scold me, I understand you're under pressure for this term, and that's okay! But let's take it gradually... how does that sound? Let me help you."

"I don't need any help." I slammed my book shut, scowling at him, "I'm going to get another book. This book is useless."

"But P'Kit!"

What the heck is he saying?!

Without looking back at him, I stood up, taking my little booklet of notes with me. I sauntered over to the further shelves at the end of the library, glancing at each lane before finding the one I'm looking for. I moved into that lane, letting my eyes run over the spines, reading every title before I found one which seemed promising enough.

Smiling, I reached over to it, picking it out and beginning to leaf through some of the pages.

Hmm, this one seemed good enough. It has certain points I will benefit from, unlike Mark. I don't know what shit he's blabbering and I really don't want to find out.

I was about to return back to my seat and started to back up when I bumped into something firm behind me. I instantly turned around, feeling quite annoyed.

If that damn book cart was-

"P'Kit." Mark was looking down at me, a stupid grin on his face.

"What the-!" I was so startled by his closeness that I bumped back into the shelf behind me, feeling the wooden surface vibrate against my sudden impact.

Mark stood there, his expression now turning into an alarmed one as he glanced above me, "P'Kit, that book is about to fall!"

With the book I've collected tucked safely under my arm, I turned around with panic, just in time to see one of the higher books, which were not too neatly organized, indeed about to fall right onto my face-

I froze when I felt a body press against my back, a soft sound of victory coming from Mark, as he had reached up his arm to grab the falling book just in time.

"I gotcha, P'Kit." He spoke, before the closeness of his body disappeared within seconds.

I turned back to face him again, meeting his stupid grin and now with his hand holding that one book.

"See, you should be more careful." He motioned me to step aside as he returned the book back to its place, "You would have had a bruise all over your face by now, and that's not good, is it?"

"That is none of your concern."

"It is my concern, if I would have not startled you so, you wouldn't have fallen back into the shelves and threatened yourself with some type of injury. This book is quite heavy, if I'll be honest." Mark responded solemnly.

"I didn't fall, and thanks for realizing your mistake." I snapped crankily.

"I apologize P'Kit. Korthod na khrup..."

I just huffed at him, walking away.

He is so freaking annoying!

"And I also think it is my concern because if you do get a bruise, it'll affect your cute face!" He was still talking as he trailed after me like some dog.

"Can you not call me cute?!" I turned around so suddenly, that he was the one to bump into my chest this time.

I also suddenly realized that a few students were looking over at me due to my loud outburst. To make matters worst, I was already rubbing my nose since Mark's chest was so firm and for what. He's like a fucking brick.

"Can you please not call me cute?" I finally said with a lower tone.

Mark looked confused, "What? Why not?"

"Just because!" I snapped before I started walking again.

When I finally got back to my table, after forever, Mark was still behind me, and he took a seat at his earlier chair.

"That's not a good excuse, Phi. I'm calling you cute because I think you're truly cute, and I already told you that previously when I stalked your-"

"-Instagram page and decided that I'm a good choice to represent your next victim." I continued.

"Victim?" Mark echoed, "You're so mean!"

"Just..." I put on a displeased expression, "Don't call me cute."

"Fine."

"Fine." I glare back at him.

"Yeah, fine."

There was a silence and I started to notice how a mischievous grin started to form on Mark's face.

"What now?" I was so exasperated.

"I won't call you cute anymore..."

"Yeah-?"

"...Cutie."

●○●

●○● A/N: And the flirting begins! (as if it didn't start since day one), are you ready Kit??