Chapter 27 -The sickies-

Credit: @Ikimaru (where? Idk) Not a meme but super cute! 3k!!!! I'm gonna die!!! Thanks a million!!

(Unedited) This chapter literally came to me the second after I published Blackout. I wrote it in an hour with my phone at 20%. A writing ghost had possessed me.

The door swung open to reveal Momo, Jiro, and Eri gathered on the floor around the T.V. watching some children's movie. They had a bottle of ginger ale, a bowl of crackers and were surrounded by blankets and pillows.

"Hey boys." Jiro croaked.

"Wanna join the sickies?" Momo offered already making room for them. Todoroki turned to Midoriya to see what he wanted. Instead of shaking his head or answering Izuku walked over and collapsed into the fluff.

"Good." He murmured, his face covered by pillows.

"You should shower or at least change first." Shouto kneeled beside him, petting his soft hair.

"Mmm." Midoriya grumbled sadly.

"Do I really have to remind you why?" The taller teen huffed. Midoriya begrudgingly sat up, shaking his head. The girls laughed quietly, trying not to wake Eri who had fallen asleep in Momo's lap.

"What happened to you two?" Jiro asked, breaking into coughs. When she calmed down Shouto began to explain.

"Midoriya-" The grenette immediately cover his mouth stopping the recap.

"Is very tired." He fixed. Todoroki sighed and helped him up.

"Sure. Let's just focus on getting you cleaned up." He said frustratedly. Yes, Izuku was wearing a change of close but there were still some remnants of the outburst. The two bid a temporary farewell to the girls headed to Midoriya's room.

"Do you want to shower here?" Todoroki said to the stubborn boy who now lay on his hero themed bed.

"Yes." He murmured.

"You better hurry if you don't wanna miss the next movie." Jeez, it sounded like he was talking to a kid not a sleepy teen. Despite that, Midoriya hopped in the shower while Shouto sat outside doofing around on his phone.

Ten minutes passed and Izuku returned with damp hair, lazy clothes and, like, ten blankets. He looked like he was going on a field trip to a mattress store.

"You look comfy." The taller boy commented, giving him a pat-pat.

"Am very. Do you wanna stop for pjs?" Izuku offered since Todoroki was still in his uniform.

"Actually that'd be nice." He admitted. They made their way up and Midoriya crashed on the bed while Todoroki changed in the bathroom. He emerged in an old black t-shirt with a small rainbow stripe and a pair of black sweatpants.

"Ready your highness?" Midoriya joked, wrapping a blanket cape around his friend.

On this very rare occasion, a honey sweet laugh slipped from Shouto's lips. Izuku was in awe. His laugh was like a perfect summer afternoon; beautiful in every way and gone too soon.

"What?" He noticed Midoriya's awe filled gaze.

"Your laugh is really pretty." The boy admitted, blushing deeply.

"Oh," He didn't know how to respond, this was not his strong suit. "Your eyes are prettier." That probably wasn't the best response but once again, he was doing his best. Of course this sparked a long flustered compliment competition.

"Well, I think you're the most beautiful!" Izuku finished topping off the argument with a cherry red face. By now they were in the elevator waiting for the first floor. Shouto was simply to stunned to speak. The doors slid open and he took a step out but walked right into the wall.

"Ow!" He whined, stumbling out before the doors closed.

"I think I won." Midoriya remarked from his fluffy nest on the couch.

"What happened while you were gone?" Jiro prodded teasingly.

"I won." Izuku triumphed, sticking his tongue out playfully. Shouto took a seat beside Midoriya putting on an adorable pouty face.

"I accidentally started some sort of compliment war." He explained.

"Ah I'm quite familiar with that game," Momo laughed, nudging her girlfriend.

"Huh" He smiled. Maybe I have a chance with Mi- Shut up! He scolded his hopeful mind.

"Shhh!" Eri exclaimed, suddenly waking up. The teens shared a laugh as the movie began to play.

It was Eri's favorite movie, Tangled. She often compared herself to Rapunzel since their lives were alarmingly similar. It seemed to help her cope; especially since the princess was so strong and inspiring. The class had even chipped in to buy her a Rapunzel dress and chameleon plush when Aizawa and Mic officially adopted her.

Wait a minute. Why was Eri here? Izuku wondered. She was supposed to be at school or at least with Mirio.

"What's Eri doing at home?" He whispered to Yaoyarozu, who had the girl in her lap.

"She's sick too." Momo whispered back.

"Ah," Todoroki butted in. "Makes sense." They dropped the conversation, turning back to the movie. 

For a kids movie Shouto found the plot rather dark. Mother Gothel starts off by kidnapping a baby for her own selfish interest. Wow reminds me of someone. He thought, mostly being a prick. The plot even goes to a point where the side character was going to be hanged. Just, wow.

Nobody really ate anything but the ginger ale was downed halfway through the movie. Eri had a few crackers but quickly decided she didn't feel like eating.

The others had a bonus class today which meant the sickies had an extra hour in the quiet building. They were sure as hell going to enjoy it. They watched Snow White, Moana, and Cinderella.

After all that Shouto could understand why people liked these so much. The songs were honestly amazing. No matter how much he resisted, he found himself humming along while the picked their next movies.

Halfway through Princess and the Frog, the door flung wide open and the rest of the class trudged in. They looked absolutely beat most of them heading for their rooms or the showers. The common room remained pretty empty with the exception of Kirishima and Bakugo. They seemed to be talking through something. This something ended with Bakugo marching up to Deku a mutter something inaudible.

"Sorry Kacchan what'd you say?" Izuku asked him to repeat it.

"I said sorry." He growled.

"For what?" Kirishima shouted, trying to get the boy to finish the apology.

"Sorry I was being an ass." He ended. It wasn't perfect but it was as close as they'd get to an actual apology.

"It's alright. I apologize for saying what I did" Midoriya said, referring to when he said 'fuck you.' to Katsuki's face.

"Thank you Kat- uh Kacchan." Kirishima patted him on the back. Bakugo smiled at the gesture.

"Go shower shitty hair, you smell like shit." He barked in an almost playful manner. They walked off arguing childishly.

"Is the loud boy gone yet?" Eri asked, peeking out from her blanket pile.

"Yeah." Momo gently stroked her hair.

Soon enough, the class trickled in taking seats around the TV to see the movie. Once they'd regrouped talk of dinner began to circulate. After a bit of discussion Kaminari brought up the idea of just ordering. They all agreed for once but then the real discussion began.
What to get.

—————————-
I burned my tongue trying to spite someone and now I can't taste. Much regret. Many disappoint.