Chapter 29 -A call-

Credit: @gaaraswaifu (on Instagram). What a creative title.

Shout outs to:
@LordPotato-Sama
@Ireadtododeku247
@RekisSkate 
@I_iz_a_bubble
I also want to thank you (again) for all the love and support this book is receiving!! It really means a lot so thank you so so so so so much!

(The underlined speech is through the phone)

Izuku awoke from a wonderful dream. In the dream, Todoroki was carrying him upstairs, and on a wild impulse, Midoriya had kissed his cheek. After that, he'd had some of the best sleep he'd ever gotten.

When he processed the scenery around him, he realized this seemed less and less like a dream. The traditional Japanese style of Todoroki's room surrounded his view.

The boy himself was passed out beside Izuku and snoring rather loudly. His bi-colored hair was a disaster, making it seem as if he'd tossed and turned all night. Otherwise, he looked at peace.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Midoriya whispered even though Shouto was still asleep.

He saw that nobody had drawn the curtains, and the sunlight was pouring into the sleepy teen's face. He got up to close them, noticing how much better he felt.

Despite this, Izuku reasoned to take today off, for Recovery Girl's sake, which meant he basically had a day off. With Shouto Todoroki, his crush. This was going to be a long day.

Shouto slept until 11, which was unusual since he normally woke up around six. Honestly, Midoriya didn't care. As long as Todoroki was getting his rest, it was fine.

"G'morining sleepyhead." The grenette greeted him. He put away his hero journal, turning to the other teen.

"Hewlo," Todoroki mumbled, yawning widely. He snuggled back under the covers, deciding that he wasn't quite ready to wake up yet.

"How'd you sleep?" Midoriya tried to continue the conversation.

"Shit."

"That's not good. Did you have a nice dream?"

"Didn't dream. You sleep-sleept- slept well?" Todoroki was still very drowsy, so words were barely being processed.

"Yeah, I had a very weird dream, though," Izuku commented, really hoping Todoroki wouldn't ask about his dream.

"Cool," Todoroki closed his eyes again, smushing his face into the pillow.

"You must be tired." The grenette smiled, pulling a blanket over his sleepy friend. Shouto nodded, taking a deep breath. "I'll letcha be now." He checked his phone, getting lost in the world of memes. Out of nowhere, Todoroki sat up as if he'd had a nightmare.

"I forgot to call the old man!" He fretted, frantically looking around for his phone. "He's gonna kill me." He whispered. (Did Shouto forget, or did I forget to write it earlier. Who knows🙄 )

"I don't think he'd kill you."

"He would," Shouto whispered over the dialing sound. Midoriya just laughed; to him, it was a pretty funny joke. Without so much as a hello, Endeavor started yelling.

"FURTHERMORE-" He began. His flaming hatred was visible through the camera, making the experience 10 times worse. In the hope of slightly reducing his father's anger, the younger Todoroki had decided to do Facetime, a decision he now regretted.

"Hello, Endeavor," The teen sighed begrudgingly.

"HELLO?! YOU GHOST ME FOR TWO WEEKS, AND ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS HELLO?!!"

"What did you want?"

"YOU TO EXPLAIN WHY THE HELL YOU DITCHED SCHOOL AFTER TWO DAYS BACK!!!"

"To help a friend." He grumbled in his usual monotone.

"A FRIEND!!!!??" Endeavor exploded. "YOUR EDUCATION AND TRAINING ARE LESS IMPORTANT THAN SOME RANDOM KID???!!!!" He roared.

"Yes. Would you like to meet him?" Shouto made the offer with full intent to piss off his father. He knew damn well Endeavor hated Midoriya, which is exactly why he wanted to do this.

"YOU BETTER SHOW ME WHO IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SCHOOL!!!!!" The man fumed. Todoroki gestured for Midoriya to come over, but he seemed reluctant.

"Your dad hates me." The grenette whispered.

"I know. That's why it's perfect!" Shouto whispered back. Izuku rolled his eye and crawled into the camera.

"Hi, Mr. Endeavor." He smiled nervously.

"REALLY SHOUTO?? OUT OF EVERYONE THERE IT HAD TO BE THIS KID?!!!!"

"Yup!" The boy answered proudly. Midoriya facepalmed at the teen's sassiness.

"SHOUTOOOOOOOO!!!!!! SERIOUSLY ALL-MIGHT'S KID!!!?"

"We already went over that, but yes." He replied calmly.

"I'M LEAVING!"

"Wait, one more thing."

"WHAT NOW?!"

"Midoriya, can I give you something?" He whispered.

"Uh, sure." The smaller boy murmured.

"Please don't be mad."Shouto prayed, leaning over to the boy. His lips gently brushed Izuku's cheek. He felt the heat surge as Midoriya blushed furiously. Screaming came from his phone, and his finger slid onto the end button. When Todoroki pulled back, Izuku was frozen in giddy bewilderment. An ecstatic smile spread across his cherry-colored features.

Shouto was terrified. He was absolutely horrified Midoriya would hate him. For all, he knew Izuku could be homophobic like Endeavor, and yet, he took the risk of a lifetime.

"Look, I- I'm- you don't- that- I'm sorry." He stumbled through the words trying to form any coherent sentence.

"Are you- Did you mean it?" Izuku asked hopefully.

"Would you be mad if I said yes?" Shouto asked, preparing to have his heartbroken.

"Not at all." The room sat silent, tension murdering the air. "So uh, do you wanna talk outside?" Midoriya suggested quietly. Todoroki nodded. He could hear his own heart beating, and the tension only grew.

They briefly parted ways, agreeing to meet fifteen minutes later in a small cherry blossom clearing just behind the dorms.

-----------------------

Alright, we're getting to the conclusion. BTW I completely intended to publish these chapters on the same day, so this one's rather short.