Chapter 24 - Okay, we were wrong-

He is anime Gordon Ramsey. Change my mind, and I'll swallow glass. (Artist unknown.) I'm running out of chapter ideas.

(to be clear, this was a few minutes/seconds prior.)

Izuku listened to Uraraka's scolding. Her booming voice drove a stake through his head, shredding his brain into a headache. The pain only deepened, shooting through his body, twisting his stomach into knots.

"Hon," Tsu tries to stop her. Thank goodness. He thought hopefully. Despite this, Ochaco continued to shout. By now, Midoriya's stomach twisted and turned, threatening to spoil their wonderful dinner. I probably need to lie down.

"Excuse me." He whispered barely audibly to Todoroki. A small burp warned him to find a resting spot soon.

"Midoriya," Shouto started. "Are you okay?"

Hic. Nausea rose in his throat, and Izuku shook his head quickly.

"Okay, okay, let's go!" The taller boy whisper shouted. He rushed his friend along, gently helping him across the floor. Nobody noticed at first, but seconds later, someone mentioned their names, bringing up a bout of confusion. Clearly, that wasn't important right now.

The bathroom door flung open as they hurried their way inside, creating a bit of a scene. A few heads turned, but nothing too noticeable. I can handle this! Todoroki reassured himself. After yesterday, he was being smothered with anxiety. Midoriya crouched beside the toilet, his head resting sadly on the side.

"You're okay, just relax." Shouto tried to comfort him, doing much better than the first time.

"Mmmmm," Izuku smiled weakly. The smile was absolutely heartbreaking. Shouto almost wanted to cry. The grenette quivered on the cold tile floor, pale as ever. I should warm him up. No! He's probably got a temperature, so that wouldn't help. An awful wretch dragged him back to the world.

He placed a cool, jittery hand on Midoriya's forehead, holding back his bangs. Shouto watched as the dinner he'd just made reappeared in its worst form. Sad.

Thankfully he was done rather quickly because Todoroki did not handle these types of things well. Izuku flushed the toilet, sitting defeated against the stall wall. The taller boy grabbed a paper towel, wetting it under the tap.

"Ah, Todoroki, I'm sorry." He mumbled, his voice painfully scratchy.

"It's not your fault. I should've considered your stomach's state when making dinner." Shouto explained, taking full responsibility. He tenderly dabbed Midoriya's forehead with the towel. Their faces were only inches apart, the tender breeze of Shouto's breath tickling Izuku's cheeks.

"Hi," He murmured awkwardly.

"Hello," Todoroki replied, burying the tempting thoughts that teased him. He tossed the towel and helped Midoriya up.

"Thanks." He mumbled so quietly Shouto didn't hear.

"Are you okay with resting on the couch while I clean up from dinner?" The taller teen asked.

"Yeah, I'll be okay."

Todoroki smiled, staring lovingly into Midoriya's emerald eyes. Kiss his forehead. The buried thoughts clawed out of their grave. I'll stab you. Shouto fought back. Could you even stab your conscience? Who cares. Instead, he gave Midoriya an awkward pat-pat, relishing in the softness of his hair.

"Let's go." He helped Izuku out and onto the couch. The teen looked so peaceful lying on the couch. Mina appeared out of nowhere, resting her elbow on Shouto's shoulder.

"Enjoying the view?" She teased. Okay, first of all, shut the fuck up. Secondly, I've seen how you look at that other girl. Definitely don't say that.

"Tch." He shrugged her arm off, walking off frustratedly. Jeez, I sound like Bakugo. He scrubbed furiously at the dish in his hands, blowing bubbles everywhere.

"Oi Icyhot, what's got your panties in a twist?" Bakugo growled, taking an opportunity to piss him off. Ignore jerks like them. An old warning from Fuyumi aided him. Todoroki took a deep breath, straightened his face, and continued to wash.

A group of girls sat around the table, giggling and staring at him. Whispers of words brushed his ears, but it didn't make any sense. 'So obvious.' 'Tododeku.' 'Just kiss already.' Where a few of the fragments he overheard. What the fuck is a Tododeku? Who cares.

The chatter stopped as soon as he neared to collect Midoriya. The boy had fallen asleep. Adorable puffy snores tickled his pink nose. Honestly, he couldn't be any cuter.

"Midoriya? Wake uuuuuup." He softly poked his cheek. The girls exploded into agitated shouts and squeals.

"Don't wake him!" Hagakure squeaked.

"Alright, alright!" He grumbled, trying to figure out what to do. "What do you want me to do? Drag him?" He asked the small crowd.

"Are you an idiot?! Pick him up!" Ashido urged him. Shouto sighed deeply, slipping his arms under Izuku and lifting him.

"Is this okay?" He hoped, the terrifying looks from the girls beginning to intimidate him. "Goodnight, everyone," Todoroki said nervously.

They stepped into the elevator, waiting quietly for the fifth floor. It was surprising how heavy the small teen was. The cinnamon roll stirred but stayed fast asleep.

"Nighty night," Shouto whispered innocently. Actually, he was pretty tired. I'm just gonna rest my eyes for a second...

Midoriya's soft, warm skin, sudden overwhelming sleepiness, the fluffy pillow...

Shouto was out like a light.

(I know it's short and unedited sorry. Phone boutta die. Very tired. It feels better broken up this way.)

—————————
When all those ADHD posts be lookin' too relatable, and now ur like, huh. But it's okay because you remember you have horrible untreated anxiety.