Chapter 19 -Stubborn!-

Artist: garbageisland-0 (that is a zero)

Hahahahahahahahah! Here ya go ya wonderful bastards! Enjoy spring break. Love y'all.
————————————————————————

"Three!" They shouted in unison. Dust flew into the air as they charged at each other.

Shouto went for a direct uppercut, barely missing. Midoriya stumbled to the side, throwing a weak punch. He swayed and stumbled, throwing sloppy attacks at the taller boy. Todoroki didn't retaliate. It was evident that something wasn't right. Izuku tripped on his foot, landing flat on his bum. He wheezed and panted, using his stumble to rest.

"Midoriya! Are you alright?!" Shouto dropped the fight, hurrying to his fallen friend.

"Yeah. Let's go, round two." He stood back up, immediately falling and crashing into Shouto and sending them both to the ground. Midoriya's body radiated heat, dirt caking his pale, sweaty face. They untangled themselves, Todoroki forcing the grenette to take a breather. "I'm ready." He smiled brightly, despite his actions.

"No!" Shouto stated firmly. "You can't fight."

"Psh, square up!" Izuku beamed, standing up and getting into boxer position.

"I don't doubt your skills, they're amazing, but I think you're sick." He pressed, trying to calm the boy.

"Untrue!" The shorty declared, mocking offense. This, in fact, was entirely untrue. Midoriya had been feeling dizzy all day, a sore throat raking through his neck, the once beautiful sun had turned burning hot, and to top it all off, a wonderful piercing headache.

"Take a break." Todoroki pleaded, once again dragging his opponent down.

"Stop. I'm fine!" The grenette lashed out.

"You're stupid if you think I'll believe that," Shouto growled, getting frustrated by Izuku's defiance.

"I guess I am." The smaller boy huffed. Suddenly, his eyes began to twitch, his nose wrinkled up, and..."AHHHHCHOOOOOOO!" Green lightning flashed around him, and in an
instant a tiny crater formed where sat.

"Bless you." Todoroki spat dirt, wiping dust and grass off himself. "See?"

"Stop," Izuku grumbled. "Thanks for the fight. I'm gonna find Kacchan." He stumbled through the grass, tripping on every little thing.

This isn't good. Bakugo is (sort of) his friend but definitely won't hesitate to blow him up in this weakened state. Shouto wanted to stop him, but he'd already made the boy angry enough. You know what? Screw it. Todoroki bolted forward, grabbing Izuku's arm, sending him to the floor.

"I told you I'm fine!" He growled. "Now, let me go!" The taller boy gripped his arm tighter.

"No." Shouto retorted sternly. Izuku stood up in a slow, calm manner. He jerked forward, making a stumble-y run for it and dragging Todoroki along.

"WAHHHHHHH!!!!" He screeched, dirt and grass flying into his mouth. A few people turned their heads to view the scene. Midoriya kept running, slowing down with every step. Todoroki had no other choice.

He grabbed Izuku's shirt, flipping him into a body slam. The boy hit the grass with a soft thud, but not before trying to roll out of Shouto's grasp. The sudden twist jerked his wrist, and the already awful form of his maneuver came collapsing onto him. Sharp pain shot through his arm. A slight pop could be heard as he clutched the limb to his chest.

"That fuckin' hurt!" Todoroki hissed through his teeth. Izuku lay flat on the lawn. The heavy fall had knocked the wind out of him.

"Ow." Midoriya breathed. "We messed up." He mumbled to his friend, who was lying beside him.

"Yeah, definitely." He winced in pain, using ice to soothe the injury. A loud, dry cough broke out from Izuku.

"Your arm good?" Deku asked, quickly recovering. Shouto nodded, brushing it off.

"Yeah. How're you feeling?"

"Awful." He finally admitted.

"I knew it," Todoroki exclaimed, sitting up.

"It wasn't that obvious."

"Yes, it was." He remarked triumphantly. Midoriya growled under his breath. "Now, who's gonna ask Aizawa?"

"You."

"Fine." Without noticing the approach, their teacher's tired face appeared above them.

"Ask me what?" He smirked from above.

"If- if uh,- Can we um, go to Recovery Girl?" Izuku stuttered nervously.

"Yes, I should've expected this when you two wanted to fight in the first place." Aizawa sighed, helping the boys up. "Can you wait two minutes? We're about to head in." Shouto gave a thumbs up, taking a seat on a rock beside him. Deku also thumbs upped and scooted next to Todoroki. The teacher walked back, leaving them in a very awkward situation.

"May I?" Midoriya asked, timidly leaning on his friend's shoulder.

"Doesn't make a difference to me." The two boys waited on the rock taking in the gentle peace of the outdoors. "I think I swallowed some dirt," Shouto remarked, trying to make Midoriya smile and ignore the throbbing in his wrist.

"Oh, whoops." The sleepy boy mumbled, a little giggle escaping his lips. The rest of the class began to head in, signaling to the boys that it was time to go. Midoriya got up, clutching his head and swaying heavily.

"Are you okay?" Shouto asked, resting a hand on his back.

"Yeah, I stood up too fast." He explained.

"Oh, do you want a hand?" Todoroki offered out his good arm.

"Nah, but I'll take this." Midoriya smiled, grabbing his outstretched hand. They both smiled and blushed. The awkwardness from their argument still hung in the air, but for the moment, it disappeared.

The class trudged through the drafty hallways in an unorganized clump, much to Ida's annoyance. The two got suspicious looks from the girls, ignoring them once they split off for the nurse's office. When they entered, Recovery Girl was busy patching up another student and motioned for the two to take a seat.

"You two again." She sighed, turning her attention back to the kid in bandages. "All better, take it easy." The 3rd year hurried out, staring at the floor on the way. "Poor kid." The nurse commented, putting away the supplies. "Anyway, what'd you boys do this time?"

"Midoriya got sick from hanging out with me." Shouto grieved, taking full responsibility. Izuku would argue, but his energy had hit rock bottom.

"He hurt 'imself body slamming me." The grenette spoke up.

"Sounds like you had an interesting day." The elder joked, rustling around a cabinet.

"In all fairness, I was about to make a terrible decision," Midoriya added. Todoroki half shrugged in agreement.

"Let me see," Recovery Girl motioned for the taller boy's wrist. She inspected it carefully, noting the noticeable swelling and deep bruising. "Yeah, it's not looking so good, sweetie. Midoriya is quite familiar with broken arms so, he could probably give you a diagnosis." She smiled.

"Hey!" Izuku whined playfully, giving his friend a good snicker.

"Oh hush! Todoroki, I'm going to need to use my quirk and bandage you up." The nurse explained, already wrapping the injury. She planted a kiss on the area, her quirk already minimizing the pain.

"Thank you," Shouto said gratefully.

"As for you," The woman gestured to Izuku. "Go home and don't come back until you're better."

"Yes, ma'am." Midoriya saluted tiredly.

"I'll excuse you both for the day. Take good care of each other, get plenty of rest." She instructed, giving them both a candy. The boys thanked her and headed out.

————————————————————————
Me writing this: This chapter is fire! Me after publishing: This is shit. Burn me alive.
Haahahahahahahahahahaha kill me.