Chapter 13 -Day off-

Hewwo! I did this art! I might color it, but I kinda like the black/white. I'm actually pretty proud of this one. (Btw they're wrapped in a blanket, but it's really hard to draw fold, so I didn't). My phone died halfway through writing this, so some of it may seem a little off cuz I had to rewrite.

Did I proofread any of this? No. Bon appetit!

Todoroki awoke to a loud knock at his door. When he didn't see a note, he assumed it was just the shorter boy trying to come in. He got up and trudged to the door, still in his pajamas, wrapped in Izuku's All-Might blanket, with a severe case of bed head.

"Hello?" He opened the door yawning widely. "Midori-?" There stood All-Might. Shouto's hero and teacher. To say this was awkward would be a wild understatement.

"Good morning, young Todoroki." The former hero announced, his voice echoing through the empty hall. Shouto rubbed his neck, his messy hair ticking his hand.

"Uh, good morning All-Might." He replied with an unusually scratchy voice. He was deeply regretting answering the door instead of pretending to be asleep. "What- uh, do you need something?" He asked, peering down the hallway looking for another person.

"Nope, just came to check on you." The skeletal man patted his legs nervously. "Do you need anything?"

"Hm? Oh, no."

"Alright then, my job here is done. I'll be downstairs if you need me. Feel better."

"Thank you. I'll probably come down soon." He mumbled gruffly.

"Cool, uh, see you soon." Todoroki nodded and began to close the door but stopped when All-Might stuck his face back in. "I forgot to tell you; young Midoriya will be back around noon." He added.

"Thanks." He closed the door, wondering what that was all about.

The stuffy ache in his head only grew with the moments he spent standing, and he decided to lie back down. After a few minutes, his mind began to wander. I wonder what everyone's doing right now? He glanced at the clock and determined they were finishing English. Hah, suckers.

Ping! His phone grabbed his attention.

————Midoriya 🥦———

Hey Todoroki! I've got a few minutes before math starts.
How're you feeling?
I think All-Might will drop by soon.
I'll be home soon. ;)
-Midoriya

  Hello Midoriya, I'm feeling better. Your dad already came.
See you soon.
-Me

I'm not his secret love child. 😑
But I do have a funny story about that when I get home.
Okay gtg. C U soon!
-Midoriya

Bye
-me
——————————-

Shoto was particularly pleased with his joke and was smiling rather stupidly at the texts. His stomach grumbled, trying to grab his attention.

"Shut up." He growled back. Obviously, his organs don't speak, and his stomach most certainly doesn't care for his opinion. "You don't even want what I eat." He argued when another grumble broke the silence.

It seemed out of character for Shouto to be so lighthearted and comedic, but he finally felt a bit better and was bored out of his mind.

After a third and much louder growl, he hauled himself up, grabbed a non-All-Might themed blanket, and headed out.

The elevator ride made him a little nauseous, but when he took a break on the couch, it went away.

Todoroki didn't see All-Might but soon noticed he was relaxing in the garden. He waved through the window; disappointingly, the hero didn't notice. Shouto rummaged through cabinets trying to find something appealing.

For some odd reason, he really, really wanted dumplings. Much to his pleasure, he found a bag of frozen ones; the only problem, he was a terrible cook and had no idea what the instructions wanted him to do.

The courtyard door clicked shut, All-Might strolling in.

"Ah, Todoroki. You need some help?" As much as Shouto wanted to say no, he had no clue what to do and would most likely burn down the building.

"Yes, please." He sighed, handing over the bag.

"Happy to help." The elder smiled. "Why don'tcha go rest," All-Might suggested, taking over his cooking endeavor. (Not his dad, the wording just worked best that way.) Todoroki gave a thumbs up and headed for the counter stools.

He took the one closest to his mentor and watched as he prepared the food.

"Thank you, All-Might." He mumbled, resting his head on the counter. "I'm a terrible cook," Shouto admitted sadly.

"We all start somewhere." Toshinori encouraged his student. "But right now, you need to rest and let me cook."

"Good plan." He agreed.

"How's young Midoriya? I haven't seen him in like five days."

"Pretty good, I think."

"Whatcha been up to?" All-Might asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Midoriya likes to show me these really cool movies and shows but not much."

"Has he showed you frozen yet?"

"Yeah, I liked that one a lot. We watched it as a class."

The dumplings steamed, making an occasional pop that spooked Todoroki.

"Are they supposed to make that sound?" He asked.

"Yup, it means they're cooking." The teacher explained.

"Oh. So, uh, what's the rest of the class doing today?"

"Nothing much, maybe an English test, though."

"Should I ask for the work? Or will Aizawa give it to me?"

"Don't worry; he's got a plan. If he wants you to do makeup work, he'll let you know. No need to ask."

"Okay," Shouto said, surprised at the relaxed way All-Might thought of Aizawa.

"That man's always got a plan." He mumbled scooped some of the dumplings onto a plate. "Well, bòn appètit." 

"Mmm, thanks." He dug in, surprised at how hungry he'd actually been. The hero took a large portion of the delicious snack and started to eat.

He and All-Might continued to chat lightly about random things, though both tried to avoid the subject of Endeavor. They finished up the food right as a headache had started to creep in.

"Welp, I better get going. I've got a bit of work to finish up, and I assume Aizawa wants me to come back at some point." Toshinori cleared his plate and strolled to the door.

"Thanks again for the food. Have a nice day, and if you see him, could you say hi to Midoriya for me. Please." Todoroki waved him off, clearing his plate as he did so.

Now it was quiet. Shouto Todoroki had the dorms completely to himself and a whole day off. Time to binge-watch ghost shows.

————————————————————————
I've pulled an all-nighter, but I finished two whole chapters...

Yeehaw.                                       Y'all might.
              ✨🦅🇺🇸America🇺🇸🦅✨
    Sanity gone. It's yeehaw time.