Chapter 7 -Sleep over

Artist unknown.

Midoriya glanced at the time, 6:37. 'Hmm, Dinner is soon, but I don't know how I feel about leaving Todoroki by himself. Well, I do know, and I don't want to leave him.' Izuku began to mumble, tapping his pencil against the desk. He heard someone in the hall and decided to peek out.

"Hey, Deku!" Uraraka smiled, jogging towards him.

"Hi Uraraka, do you know when we're having dinner?" He asked, fully closing the door behind him.

"We've got about ten minutes. Yaoyarozu and Shoji are making ramen." She told him, as a buzz from her pocket distracted her. She pulled out her phone and checked the caller ID. "Sorry, Deku, I've gotta take this." Uraraka waved to him, answering the phone.

"Bye!" He called quietly, slipping back into the room. Soft snoring filled the room as Midoriya organized the desk. "You're snoring." He whispered with a laugh. Hilariously, Shouto stopped snoring. He grumbled something in a dreamy haze, whacking his pillow. Izuku stifled a laugh.

A few silent minutes passed, doodles filling Midoriya's papers as he lost focus.

Knock, knock, knock. Someone rapped at the door, a muffled feminine voices seeping through the cracks. Izuku bounded over, flinging it open.

"We brought dinner!" Hagakure exclaimed, showing off a container of ramen. Uraraka and Momo accompanied her with bowls and napkins.

"Thanks! But you shouldn't have!" The boy fussed.

"Enjoy!" Uraraka insisted, forcefully shoving the goodies into his arms. Todoroki started to stir, groaning at the noise.

"Oops, we'll get going now. Don't want to wake the patient." Yaoyarozu joked, ushering her friends out.

"So cute!!!!" Hagakure squealed, peeking through the door.

"Yeah, we should definitely head out." Ochaco agreed, pulling the others down the hall. "See ya, Deku!"

"Byeeee!" They called in unison.

"Thank you!!" He yelled to them. Midoriya went back in, setting the food on Todoroki's desk and serving himself a small bowl. He began to eat when a groggy moan spooked him.

"Wa's all that noise?" Todoroki mumbled.

"The girls brought us dinner." He beamed gratefully. "Want some? It's ramen," Shouto thought for a moment, wrapping himself in blankets and sitting up.

"I dunno." He sighed.

"What?"

"I'm kinda hungry, but I don't feel like I could hold anything." The sick boy explained, woefully.

"Why don't you have a small bowl and see how you feel?" Izuku suggested. A rosy blush dusted his cheeks when he saw the boy's adorable bedhead. He quickly turned away staring at the Narutomaki in the ramen. (Narutomaki is these things 🍥)

"Can I try some first?" He asked, shuffling over.

"Yeah, just don't put the spoon back." Midoriya instructed taking a mild precaution against the illness. Shouto plopped down next to Izuku, yawning widely. Midoriya offered him a spoon but he didn't notice and took the one already in the bowl. He took a small bite; off the exact same spoon as Midoriya.

"Mmm, thank you." Todoroki murmured. Izuku was frozen, painted in a deep red blush. Did I just indirectly kiss Todoroki?!! His mind screamed.

"Did I do something wrong?" The taller boy fretted.

"No! Not at all! I'm just kinda hot, I burned my tongue!" Izuku burst, stumbling over the words to create a quick lie. Todoroki furrowed his brow flexing his hand frustratedly.

"I was going to make an ice cube, but, I can't." He huffed sadly.

"That's okay. Do you want your own bowl?" Todoroki nodded quickly.

"Only a little though." He added, already feeling perkier.

"Copy that." Izuku gave a thumbs up and poured a small bowl. Todoroki grabbed the food gratefully. "Eat slow, small bites, you don't wanna upset your stomach."

Shouto listened, still devouring the noodles. They ate in silence, enjoying the wonderful food.

"Wanna watch something?" Izuku asked, getting a nod from his friend. "I know this really funny ghost hunting show." He suggested lightly.

"Sure." They set their empty dishes on the desk and curled up on the bed mat. "What's it called?" Shouto asked, piling blankets over his body.

"Buzzfeed Unsolved."

"Sounds, interesting?"

"I think you'll like it." Izuku said, settling down next to him. He grabbed his computer and pulled up the show.

It opened with two American men sitting in an oddly decorated office joking around. They traveled to an old bridge that was said to house a goat demon. The taller man, Shane called to the creature. Not believing in it he taunted it while the shorter man, Ryan panicked at this provocation.

An occasional raspy laugh slipped from Shouto. Izuku turned to him. His green eyes sparkled at the sight of the normally reclusive boy smiling and laughing especially after the long day he'd had. Todoroki seemed to notice the attention as the slightest blush tickled his right cheek.

"What?" Shouto asked, turning back towards the computer. Izuku realized he was staring and quickly averted his gaze.

"I'm just glad to see you're feeling better!" He spurted embarrassment flushing his face. "Um I have a question.It's okay if you don't want to answer." He added hurriedly pausing the show. "But, um, I was wondering if, um, can you blush on your left cheek?" Midoriya inquired trying his best to be polite.

"I can't. The damage to my skin was to severe." The teen answered, brushing his fingers against the scar.

"Oh,"

"Yeah it's kinda weird." He sighed sadly.

"It's not weird, it's unique and beautiful." Midoriya beamed. He turned cherry red but this time he didn't regret his words.

"Really?" Shouto seemed surprised. "No one's ever said that to me. I've heard girls say I'm hot,  but never beautiful." He murmured, a distant smile painting his cheeks. Izuku beamed warmth filling his body.

"Hey, it's getting pretty late we should get ready for bed." Izuku suggested, climbing out of his sleeping bag. "I'll take the dishes down, if you wanna change into some pj's while I'm gone you can lock the door behind me."

Izuku gathered the stuff and headed down, giving Todoroki plenty of time to change. When Midoriya returned the boy was now wearing a black oversized T-shirt and a pair of polka dotted pajama pants.

"Can I change in the bathroom?" Midoriya asked yawning widely.

"You don't need to ask." Shouto answered drowsily. Midoriya emerged a minute later in his all might pajamas. He turned off the lights and crawled into his sleeping bag. Their separate beds were a foot apart but it still felt insanely close.

"G'night Todoroki." He mumbled sleepily.

"Night Midoriya." Shouto responded, barely conscious. The two drifted off to the sound of the others' breathing.

________________________________
1121 words 3:15am! Does this even make sense? Idk. Ideas are bouncing around my head like the Windows screensaver. I'm should go back and edit this but screw it I'm impatient. Edit: Holy Shiiieeet 71 reads!! Thanks for all the support!!