Chapter 14 -Spooked-

Artist unknown.
It's fukin wimdy here. Three chapters in one day!!! I completely forgot I wrote those two chapters and opened Wattpad this morning and was like, wtf? I pulled an all-nighter, so I don't even know how I forgot that.

It took what remained of Shouto's energy to close all the blinds and curtains in the commons, but it was 100% worth it. He collapsed onto the couch, snatching up the remote and his blanket. Spooky time! His brain chirped happily. Shut up.

He found the ghost show Midoriya showed him, but they'd watched all the episodes, and there was an intriguing video in the 'similar section.' Top 5 ghosts caught on camera.  (Shout out to everyone who read that in Nukes top 5 voice) Eh, it seemed good enough. Plus, these videos were usually pretty fake, so why not.

The videos seemed pretty legit, and soon enough, Shouto had watched eight of the videos and was feeling pretty skittish. Every little sound caused him to flinch, and he kept seeing things in the corner of his eye. I should stop watching this! His mind pleaded as he continued to indulge in the horror. The A/C turned on, scaring Todoroki so badly he fell off the couch.

"Okay, I should really stop." He rasped, hauling himself back onto his seat. He didn't stop. In fact, he proceeded to watch three more. "I am very, very stupid." He sighed, finally clicking off the tv. He wanted to get up but was too scared.

Just then, something began to jiggle the front doorknob. Todoroki whipped around, staring at the door. He heard something but couldn't tell what. "He-hello?" He whispered, trying not to hurt his throat. A dark figure peered into the window, looking straight at Shoto. As suddenly as it appeared, it disappeared, and the door handle started to shake again. Then it went silent. Something clicked around the lock, and Shouto slowly lowered himself behind the couch back.

The door flung wide open, revealing... an extremely worried Midoriya. Whoops.

" Todoroki! Thank god! I thought something terrible happened! I saw you through the window. You looked so scared! What happened!" Izuku exclaimed, rushing over to the boy and inspecting his body for injuries.

"I watched too many ghost videos and scared myself," Shouto admitted sheepishly. He waited for Izuku to get mad and yell but instead, he burst out laughing.

"Oh, Todoroki, you thought I was a ghost?!" He exploded with giggles.

"Yeah, sorta." In this particular moment, Todoroki felt like the stupidest person on earth.

"I'm sorry, the door got stuck. I didn't mean to scare you." He apologized, wrapping Shouto in a bear hug.

"I scared myself." The taller boy corrected.

"Oh, Todoroki," Izuku laughed, releasing him from the hug. "Ghosts aside, are you okay? How've you been?" He pressed.

"I'm feeling a lot better. Only my head, throat, and sore muscles have been bothering me today. Also, All-Might and I had some dumplings earlier."

"That's good!" Midoriya beamed, ruffling Shouto's bed head. He wanted to say. 'I like it when you pet my hair. Can you keep doing that?' But that was weird and needy.

"Yeah, wanna watch with me?" He offered quietly.

"I'll sit with you, but I've got some work to finish, so I might not pay attention." Izuku took the seat beside Todoroki, pulling out a hefty folder.

"Is that all you work?!" He exclaimed. Deku nodded solemnly. He opened it up and started to review the pages.

He finished the second paper and discovered a note in hot pink highlighter. Pranked ya. Enjoy your day. Thank you for helping out. Plz, return this extra paper to the printer. 💖Aizawa, Mic, Midnight, and All-Might. He smiled gratefully and returned the paper.

When he turned to Todoroki to tell him the good news, he noticed the boy's eyes fluttering as he tried to fight the sleep. He reached over, gently stroking his hair until he submitted to the rest, head resting in Izuku's lap.

"Sleep well." He whispered, brushing back his colorful bangs and planting a small kiss on the boy's forehead.

———————————————————————-
Short chapter srry. I always do this this with Nukes top 5 videos, and It's fricking hilarious. Btw Riley (my sister), I know ur reading this, and I just wanted to say fuck you. To everyone else: Thanks for the support! Y'all are the best.❣️