Chapter 11 -Catchin' some Zzz-s-

Artist: Me!! I'm so proud of this piece! (except for Todoroki's head, I fucked that up) My art style is still developing, so there are lots of mistakes. As for the chapter, it's probably gonna be full of mistakes (explanation at the end.)

They wasted away the hours watching what Izuku deemed his favorites. About four hours later, they'd plowed through The Little Mermaid, Clue (1985), and Moana. (Yeah, just random movies I like) Shouto liked them for the most part, but his head was so stuffy he could barely focus. Midoriya glanced at a clock on Todoroki's desk, wincing at the time displayed.

"It's midnight. We should get to bed; I've got school tomorrow." He suggested, shutting down the laptop.

"Mmkay," Todoroki mumbled gruffly. How am I even tired? I just slept for 5 hours. He wondered, pulling up his blankets. Izuku slipped into the bathroom, returning in his pajamas. He climbed into his makeshift bed and reached for the lights. Darkness settled over the room like a soft blanket.

"Night night 'Idoriya," Todoroki grumbled, already half asleep.

"See you in the morning," Izuku mumbled back. Todoroki slipped into a dreamy sleep, but Midoriya couldn't sleep. He tossed and turned every little thing bothering him. After half an hour of fidgeting, he finally relaxed and drifted off.

Shouto's eyes fluttered open. His body shook violently, freezing shivers rocking him to the core. Pain flared with every quake as he tried to calm his body.

"M-mi-Midoriya." He whimpered through chattering teeth. Izuku was fast asleep, unable to hear his cry. "I-zuku." He tried. This time Midoriya noticed, rolling over sleepily.

"Hrm?" The grennette groaned.

"I'm co-col-cold." He mustered.

"No, too tired. Cuddles tomorrow." Izuku murmured. Shouto blushed but paid no mind as he currently had bigger problems.

"Pl-ease!" He struggled to get the words out as he became more and more distressed. Midoriya shuffled around, rolling over but not opening his eyes.

"What?" He groaned, almost annoyed. The intense shaking was starting to stir the young Todoroki's stomach. The whirlpool in his stomach only worsened with the hammering breaths and shaky body.

"I-" Todoroki stopped, swallowing thickly. A rush of childish instinct took over him as he tried to wake Midoriya. I hate being sick! Please stay with me! His mind begged. Izuku sat up, eyes still closed.

"What's wrong?" He asked drowsily. Tugging on Midoriya's shirt, he whimpered like a puppy as he slowly scooted towards the bathroom.

"Okay, okay! What is it?" Izuku exclaimed rather calmly, as he was still mostly asleep. He rubbed his eyes, still trying to wake up.

"Mmm!" Shouto whined, very distressed. Midoriya seemed to understand after a moment and sleepily helped Todoroki up and across the room. They crouched over the cool tile and cold porcelain of the bathroom, waiting. Izuku rubbed Shouto's back humming off-key tunes. 

His body was racked with nausea, but nothing happened. He dry heaved until his throat hurt.

"Hey, I've got school tomorrow, and it doesn't seem like anything's coming up, so maybe we should get back to bed." Izuku yawned. Shouto nodded, his lip trembling from exhaustion. "You're really hot right now." The grenette pointed out.

"N-no, I'm cold," Todoroki mumbled breathily.

"You're funny," Midoriya whispered, running a towel under the tap. Shouto laid down, trying to calm his swimming stomach. Midoriya bottled the cold, damp cloth over his friend's face trying to cool him off. After a few minutes of the silence of Izuku gently helping the young Todoroki, he finally spoke up.

"Can I sleep in here?" Todoroki murmured weakly.

"What? Why would you do that?" Deku wrung out the washcloth and hung it to dry.

"Cause I still don't feel well, and I'm tired, and it's much closer." He whispered. The shorter boy looked like he wanted to argue, but he'd actually made a pretty good point.

"Okay. I'll get your stuff." Midoriya smiled sympathetically.

"Thank you."

"Anything to help you feel better." He beamed back, with that, he left.

Izuku was back seconds later, dragging his sleeping mat into the bathroom. He had intelligently placed all the blankets on top of the bed and brought everything in, in one trip. All of which he began to set up.

Todoroki launched forward toward the toilet and pitched over the small amount of food he had eaten, spewing out in a tsunami of grossness. Izuku dropped the bedding and was by his side in milliseconds. The rest of the meal was discarded in a minute, leaving an empty acidity throughout the boy. He hiccuped hollowly, wishing he could calm his nerves.

"Aww," Midoriya cooed sympathetically. "Do you wanna take some medicine?"

"Prolly."

"Alright, well, why don't you go lie down on my bed? I'll move your stuff back and bring you the medicine." He instructed, helping the boy up. Shouto crumpled onto the mess of all might blankets on top of the sleeping bag. His mind was much more energetic after releasing nausea, but his body still felt like shit.

By the time everything was back in order, Todoroki was wide awake. He crawled back onto his bed and began settle down. Unfortunately, his mind denied him any chance of rest.
——————————————————————
Two things today:

Updates are probably gonna be slow this month. I had a mental breakdown, but it's okay cuz I'm just cruzin now. Edit: Yeah, they're probably going to slow down a lot more bc my brain is just collapsing. I had two panic attacks today, and I really want to go to sleep, but of course, my stupid insomniac ass says no. (Srry bout that needed to vent.)

I debated whether I should do a sequel where Izuku gets sick from hanging with Todoroki or if I should do it as a continuation of this book. I'd love your input. ♥️ y'all!