Chapter 5 -Be right back

Credit to the artist. I couldn't find the original artist's name, but if you know, please tell me I'd love to give them credit.

Midoriya strolled down the hall as it filled with students heading back to class. His worry-filled mind kept drifting back to his sick friend; and he couldn't shake that jittery feeling you get when someone else gets sick near you. The grenette was able to push that aside with the reassurance that school would be done in a matter of minutes. Izuku got bumped a few times, managing to squeeze through the crowd into the classroom.

"Hey Deku!" Uraraka greeted him.

"Hi, Ura-"

"Sit down!" Aizawa shouted.

"Yes, sir!" The class called in unison, rushing to their seats.

"Before you pack up, I have a few announcements!" He cleared his throat. "First of all, If anyone needs something, All Might and Midoriya will be going to the store this afternoon, so make a list. Second, I need someone to help babysit Eri tomorrow since I'll be at a meeting and the big three have some volunteer work to do. And Lastly, Midoriya, meet me outside." He finished. Izuku blushed bright red, sweating nervously.

"M-me?" Midoriya stammered.

"No, the other Midoriya." He grumbled sarcastically. Izuku nodded and headed out.

"Anyone who will babysit, write your name on the board, and if you need something from the store, makes a list. On paper." Aizawa added, stepping out to address his student. He shut the door behind them, staring into Izuku's soul.

"You, uh, You wanted to, um, see me?" The grenette fidgeted nervously. The teacher nodded.

"Where's Todoroki?" He asked tiredly.

"Oh, um, the nurse's office. He -." Izuku was cut off by Mr. Aizawa putting a hand out, signaling him to stop. He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighing heavily.

"What did you two do, and why did you cause all that ruckus?" He interrogated the boy, annoyance thick in his tone.

"We didn't do anything!" Midoriya hurried. "Todoroki wasn't feeling well." He explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Why did you make so much noise? You know I could hear it from the teachers' lounge."

"He bumped into some desks on his way out." Deku justified.

"I believe you, and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed something was wrong." He said, trying not to admit how much he cared for his students.

"Yes, sir!"

The class finished packing up, Izuku packing Todoroki's stuff for him, and headed out. When he reached the nurse's office, all the lights were off, and the blinds were drawn.

"Hey." He whispered, seeing Recovery Girl working on her computer.

"Hello, Midoriya." She spun her chair, hopping off on the side closer to Todoroki. "Todoroki, honey, it's time to get up." She murmured, shaking his shoulder.

" 'm awake." He groaned, slowly sitting up.

"Hey, Todoroki." Izuku smiled, blushing softly. He'd been able to set aside his crush to take care of him, but it was going to get harder to forget if he'd be taking care of the boy all weekend.

"Le's go," Shouto mumbled, shuffling towards the door. Midoriya rushed to his side, offering support to his weakened body.

"Thanks, Recovery Girl! Have a great weekend!" Izuku called as he closed the door.