Chapter 8 -Midnight wake up call

Credit to |Cat 🍜 on Twitter or @thatmightyheart| I'm not sure which one, but it's one of them. Shpuld I change the chapter title to: Goodbye dinner, instead?

Cold sweat trickled down Shouto's face; his eyes shot open. He bolted up, panting heavily while his stomach churned. He massaged his forehead, calming down from the miserable nightmare. Taking a deep breath, he glanced at the clock, 3:32.

"Dammit!" He exclaimed as an excruciating stomach cramp hit him. Midoriya stirred at the noise but remained asleep.

All the heat drained from his cheeks, his muscles tensing. Without realizing he was holding Midoriya's arm, he grasped it tighter, swallowing back an outburst of nausea.

"Ah!" Izuku cried, shooting upright. His expression immediately changed upon noticing Shouto's distress. "Hey, hey, hey; Todoroki?" He worried, grogginess painting his voice. He rested a gentle hand on the boy's back.

Shouto jumped up, stumbling across the room, with Midoriya close behind. Collapsing onto the bathroom floor, he stared at the empty toilet bowl, dread rising inside him. Izuku rubbed the boy's back, whispering words of comfort.

After a miserable, anxious minute, his body finally gave in. Releasing his once enjoyable dinner in a single lurch. Izuku gave a weary smile and offered him a glass of water.

"No thanks." Shouto weakly pushed the glass away.

"Please drink something. You're going to get dehydrated." Midoriya pleaded.

"No." He insisted, once again pushing the cup away.

"Why not?"

" 'cause I don't like feeling sick," Todoroki whined. Izuku put the water down, sympathy flooding his eyes.

"I know, but could you please take one sip. Then we can get back to bed." Izuku brushed back the boy's bangs, tucking a few behind his ear. Todoroki nodded, hesitantly taking a sip.

"Let's get back to bed," Midoriya suggested, taking back the water and leaving it on the counter. Todoroki nodded in response.

"Good night Midoriya." He mumbled.

"G'night again, Todoroki. Feel better." Izuku murmured back. "Wake me if you need anything." They drifted off once again, gentle dreams filling their minds.

The bright morning sun trickled through the room, drizzling into Izuku's eyes, which fluttered open at the light. He sat up rubbing his eyes, a yawn escaping his mouth.

"Goo' mornin'." He groaned to Todoroki, who was still asleep. The sleeping boy's face scrunched up as the sunlight began to bother him. Midoriya drew the curtains hoping his friend could get a bit more sleep. (Yeah, I know Todo's room is a bit different and doesn't really have curtains but pretend)

It was about 8:30, and the grenette was starving. He put on his slippers and quickly headed downstairs. Only a few people were awake, considering most people preferred to sleep in.

"Good mornin' guys." Izuku chirped, making a beeline for the pantry. A few scattered hellos were returned, but an aura of drowsiness still hovered in the room.

After a fast decision poured himself a bowl of Cheerios and grabbed a seat at the counter, happily munching on the cereal. A few minutes later, Uraraka joined him, eating in silence except for a 'good morning' grunt. Finishing quickly, Midoriya hurried back to Todoroki, worry starting to claw at him.

When he opened the door, he was thankful to find that Shouto hadn't moved an inch.

"Phew," Izuku muttered softly. Sliding the porch door open, he felt a rush of cool air hit his face.

"It's perfect." He whispered, pushing the door all the way open and stepping outside. The air was crisp but not cold, sweet birdsongs filled the morning, and the sun was bright and beautiful. The curtains blew wildly as a small breeze blew by.

Though it was a magnificent day, Midoriya couldn't ignore his duty to take care of Todoroki. One more minute. He argued with himself, obviously winning.  He took a deep breath enjoying a few more moments of perfection.

Something tickled his ankle, and he turned to the source. Todoroki stood next to him, wrapped in a fuzzy blue blanket.

"Morning, sleepyhead!" Izuku chirped happily. Todoroki swayed slightly, trying to process the greeting.

"Mornin'." He replied. " 'S kinda cold." He mumbled, shivering in the breeze.

"I think it's pretty nice," Izuku said, placing his hand on the taller boy's forehead, noticing the warmth. "How're you feeling?"

"A little better, but not really." He answered honestly.

"That's good to hear. Are you hungry?" Midoriya beamed, watching the wind tousle Shouto's hair. The slightest blush crossed his cheeks, and he quickly turned away.

"Not really," Shouto told him, noticing the blush on the grenette's cheeks. "Did I get you sick?!" He fretted, wrapping the blanket over his mouth.

"No! No, I'm just cold," Izuku exclaimed, calming his sick friend.

"Oh, here," Shouto wrapped a portion of the blanket around the shorter boy, who blushed harder. "You can have it. I'm gonna go back inside." He offered.

"I'll be in soon." Todoroki gave a thumbs up in response and disappeared behind the curtains.

Midoriya smiled softly, staring at the plushy fabric.

Todoroki collapsed onto the bed. The pounding in his stuffy head finally began to relax. That had taken all of his energy but was definitely worth it.

He felt awful for having Midoriya take care of him. Worrying was for another time. For now, he'd rest. A strong gust of wind filled the room as Izuku shut the slider. He returned the blanket to Shouto and began to rummage around a few shopping bags.

"Can I get you something? I got energy drinks, crackers, and ginger ale at the store yesterday." He offered.

"Can I have some crackers, please?" He mumbled, burying himself deeper in his blanket mountain.

"Copy that," Izuku said, pulling out a roll of saltines. "I can get my computer too; if you wanna watch something." Shouto nodded, with a hint of excitement.

Shouto gratefully grabbed the crackers and slowly started to eat them. Todoroki enjoyed the magical warmth Midoriya gave off and slowly scooched closer. Huh, maybe that's why I'm so popular in the winter. He wondered, soaking up the heat.

"Uh, Todoroki, wh-why are you so close?" Midoriya stuttered.

"You're warm." He explained. "Am I bothering you?"

"N-No, not at all."

"Okay, just tell me if I'm bothering you." He said, turning his attention back to the show displayed on his laptop.

They continued the ghost show they'd been watching yesterday. About an hour later, Todoroki's eyes began to droop, and he rested his head on the pillow. It was only noon, and Shouto was already napping.

——————————————————————
Well, it was 9:30 a minute ago, suddenly it's 4:06...am. I'm... wow—time flies. I accidentally published it before I was done to anyone who saw this earlier, so srry bout that.