Ch 233: Pramanix's Past

Start from the beginning

He can't see anything, because it is already late at night, and it is late at night without a moon. The direction of where she is pointing should be at the mountains, but the mountains are not visible at the moment for him, no matter how hard he tries, he can only see the feather-like snowflakes slowly falling.

"What's there?" Lin Ye asks, "I can't see anything?"

"Can't you see it? Maybe that's because your eyesight is bad. I recommend you some eye exercises." Pramanix gives Lin Ye a demonstration, "First of all. Close your eyes and then open them, that's it." her smile is full of mischief.

Lin Ye's mouth twitches into a smile "Are you kidding me?"

"Hehe. But, I really think your eyesight is bad, I'm serious." Pramanix giggles, "Even if you said that I can't help it. Maybe because of how pure have bad eyesight compare to others race"

" I think that's true. Okay, there is a mountain there and up there is a temple"

"...There is a temple in the mountain?"

"Uhm." Pramanix nods, "There is a temple in the mountain."

Lin Ye sighed softly letting a cloud of mist appears "So, am I right to believe that you are one of the saintesses of the said temple,"

"You are correct to think so." She nods,

"Is there a younger saint in the mountain like you?" Lin Ye asks.

"There is no young saint up there," she says softly,

"There are just many, many dead people."

Lin Ye is taken aback by this. Pramanix raises her hand again and points to the vast darkness in front of them.

"There, the sacred mountain of Kjerag, the candidates of the saintesses of the past need to go there to listen to the will of God, and most of them died, some died halfway reaching to the top."

".... Why is that?" Lin Ye turns to look at her. Pramanix's flawless face is full of loneliness and pain.

"I have only nine toes." Pramanix says softly, "Because one of them was frozen, I missed the best treatment at the time. I had to cut it off. And this-." She then points to her left cat ear.

"Occasionally, I can't hear there." She continues. "When I cover the other ear, even if there is someone standing right in front of me I can't hear them, haha isn't it interesting? Sometimes when I encounter an annoying person, I will have used this method to deal with him. Sometimes when the medical department asks me to go to some boring meetings, I will be like this, just like this, cover one ear. Then the other ear can't hear, isn't it funny?"

Pramanix said these things to Lin Ye, saying that it was funny, but Lin Ye can't laugh, or even a normal person can't laugh. The bitterness under her laughter really makes him feel uncomfortable.

"Why did you do this?" Lin Ye asks softly.

"Because he wanted a saintess."

"Why?"

"I must become a saintess so that he can go further. I must become a saintess, so he can regain the family honour. I have to become a saintess, his enemies have nothing to say or do." Pramanix says

Although she didn't explain, Lin Ye also knew that "he" here must refer to Silverash. This made him wonder what to say. After holding back for a long time, he finally asks her "What the hell is going on?"

"Don't ask so much, Dr. Lin Ye." Pramanix tilts her head. The snow on her hair falls one after another, "Actually, it's pretty good now, isn't it? Also, please don't tell Encia about the things I said tonight."