45

You changed out of your dress, but kept it on your bed because you would be putting it back on for the dance later on tonight.

Your mother greeted you home and asked for you to send the pictures you took with him.

You did, and you ate some left over pasta from the other day.

You waited a couple hours checking the clock often. Every hour you'd wonder to yourself what Kuroo was doing at the lunch in. If he was eating, If so, with who. Just the regular girlfriend worries as to what he was doing.

It was almost dinner time and kuroo had come to pick you up using his mother's car.

You'd put your dress back on, and was ready to go. You didn't have dinner, but you did have a late lunch so the table food at the prom would be enough to keep you full.

Your mother had taken countless pictures of you and kuroo inside your house, and in the front lawn. The sun was setting slowly, and kuroo looked at his watch before telling you it was 7 pm.

The dance would be open by now.

"Bye mom. Love you" You smiled as you got into the passenger seat of kuroos mothers car.

"Thank you very much (moms f/n)" Kuroo lightly lowered his head.

"Make sure you have fun this evening. Bring her home by midnight please." She smiled back to kuroo.

"And be safe!" She shouted as Kuroo got into the drivers seat.

"Will do!" Both you and Kuroo shouted back as you waved towards her, kuroo pulling out of the drive way.

Watching you pass by your house, your mother had gone back inside and you and Kuroo were now in his car, alone.

"You look hot. Sorry I didn't get to say it before. I was embarrassed in front of our mothers." Kuroo said kind of shyly.

"And you looked sexy as hell with that chemistry medal you got. I like myself a smart guy, Y'know" you smiled.

"Heh yeah. But if you were graduating with me you definitely would've gotten it instead of me." He praised you a little. It made you happy.

"Well you're lucky we can each get the same medal, because I'd clap your ass in chemistry any day" you joked.

Kuroo let out a laugh. A real, genuine laugh. His laugh always made your heart flutter, especially since kuroo never usually expresses his emotions. A little laugh was enough to boost your mood.

You turned your face, laying it back against the head. Rest to watch him drive the car.

He gently placed his hand on your thigh as he continued driving.

Arriving at the hall, you walked in, kuroo holding onto your hand. He paid the teachers at the front to get you in with him considering you weren't a graduate. You thanked kuroo again for inviting you and not anyone else.

There were people, some you recognized from the halls, and others you've never even seen before. You held onto kuroo closely, feeling slightly intimidated by these seniors.

There were kids sitting at the tables, and kids on the dance floor. You felt out of place.

Kuroo lead you to the food table, knowing damn well you were hungry.

"Pizza slice?" Kuroo smiled picking up a plate and putting a slice onto a plate.

"Yeah." You returned his smile, grabbing a plate of your own, grabbing two slices.

You continued walking along the long food table, grabbing bits and pieces of food to eat. Kuroo did the same. Once finished, you held onto your plate with two hands, so instead of holding onto kuroos hand, you stood close to him. Like really close to him. Arms almost touching and everything.

The lights were dimmed and it was hard to see far away, especially the faces and you didn't want to lose kuroo in the crowd of dancing people.

He walked with you towards an empty table, putting his plate down before pulling out a chair for you.

"Thank you kuroo." You smiled, sitting down comfortably in your chair.

He sat down next to you as the music outshined your own voice. It was loud. You'd gotten to the dance late, and all the other people were done eating, meaning they were mostly on the dance floor or listening to the music the DJ was playing.

You had to talk rather loud for kuroo to hear you.

You had finished your food and we're now just sitting quietly, waiting for kuroo to take the lead. You felt out of place. Party's with third years weren't your thing, especially if you weren't with kuroo. You were only here for kuroo.

He noticed you fiddling with your thumbs and just looking bored, so he gobbled down his food as quickly as possible.

"Let's go dance." He smiled as he got up next to you, holding his hand out.

You grabbed his hand as he brought you into the dance floor.

There were the couples doing weird dances, the black girls having fun and shaking their asses, the weird kids barely moving, talking to eachother, the popular girls not dancing because of their expensive dresses and shoes they didn't want to ruin. There were even some gay and lesbian couples just holding onto eachother, doing small dancing motions.

All these people didn't look so bad. You thought it would be chaos, but everyone was fairly calm.

The music wasn't to your liking, but it was whatever. You awkwardly danced as Kuroo did the same. Kuroo was never a fuckboy type guy that would know how to dance. It relieved you, and actually made you laugh that you weren't the only stupid one when it came to dancing.

Kuroo held gently on your hips so he didn't let go of you.

You thought it was cute, and followed swaying your hips the same tempo as him, and the music.

Laughing, and joking and making fun of eachother was the next five minutes worth of time for the two of you before a slow song began playing.

Many of the people separated to the side, waiting for the couples to dance together.

A couple of people started slow dancing, and before you knew it, you all were.

You wrapped your arms around kuroos neck and looked him in the eyes with your gentle stare.

He held your hips lightly, just as before, but pulling you really close to him.

You rested your head on his shoulder as you continued swaying side to side with the music. You could feel his heart beat and steady breath and never wanted this time to end.