58

Starting university, you were scared. You knew what you wanted to major in, but you lost confidence knowing you had to meet all new people.

Isabella went to college, and Kenma went straight to gaming for a popular national team.

You and Kuroo lived close together considering dorms were all close to each other. You would go to their dorm often and talk to Akaashi when Kuroo wasn't there. Bokuto was like the male version of Isabella, so you were close to him as well.

You often made plans to go out with Isabella at times where you both were free. Isabella and Kenma were both dating still. You were happy for the both of them.

Kuroo had different time schedules than you but you managed to make it work by going over to his dorm in the evening and weekend.

It was relaxing. Traveling with him for winter break, taking him back to your house to check up on your mother and going to his to check up on his mother. He had also taken you to ice skate plenty of times. Drinking hot chocolate while hugging him in the cold winter made you feel so warm and loved. You truly loved Kuroo.

Kuroo had soon graduated university, and so had you. You could now become what you wanted to be. Kuroo also dabbled in chemistry related work. He was in an apprenticeship which taught him the ropes.

You were now working full time as an assistant to a material chemist.

____________

"Hey (y/n)"

"Yeah." You turned to face kuroo who was laying on his bed, you sitting on his desk chair on the other side of the room.

"You miss our old dorms?" He asked.

"I miss sneaking into your room constantly, Yeah." You smiled.

"How about we do that again. In our own house." He asked.

"Where's the money kuroo?" You teased.

You knew buying a house was a lot of money, and considering you were both still living in your mothers' houses, you were kind of stuck until you could get enough to move out.

"Sweetheart I know it's hard but I want to get an apartment with you. You know this." He sighed standing up from the bed and walking towards you.

You got up from his chair to hug him.

Walking around in his room while holding onto the tight hug, you knew your adventures as an adult would just be starting. Well you've been an adult for a while now.

You were 23 and Kuroo was 24. Full fledged adults who still acted like stupid high schoolers.

"We'll get an apartment together. I promise." You kisses his cheek gently.

_________

And so you did. The apartment was modern and pretty. Two rooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and everything needed in a home. It was small but it worked for the two of you.

You settled in well and were very comfortable. The apartment was close to where you worked, and kuroos apprenticeship would lead him to become the manager later on. He would make big bucks with the manager position. He was working hard.

At work, it was nothing but stress for both you and Kuroo. But when you clock out and come home to see your tired boyfriend, it's like the world is stopped. You were with him.

______

For your 25th birthday, Kuroo took you to Disney land. He'd secured the manager position at work and could afford a week trip. It truly was beautiful.

Disney world was so magical. Although it felt like kids and families were everywhere, you went as a couple, together. To Disney world.

It was the second last day of the trip, today he would take you somewhere you didn't know, you'd plan every day where you would go, so you actually had something to do each day.

He took you to futuristic resort filled with colours and energy. It looked like heaven.

After the long day, you were tired and Kuroo was walking hand in hand around the area after riding one of the first person gun shooter roller coasters. It was so much fun. Kuroo knew you would like that ride because it's like all the video games you would make him play with you.

"Sweetheart." He whispered as he looked down at your eyes.

"Yeah?" You asked, as you were about to lay your head onto his shoulder.

"You know I love you right?" He asked nudging his shoulder so your head bounced.

"Of course I do. I love you too kuroo." You smiled as he held tighter onto your hand

He stood in front of you, stopping you from walking.

"What's up." You smiled wondering why he stopped.

"Close your eyes." He whispered as you closed your eyes, waiting for what he was going to do.

"Open." He whispered as you opened your eyes to kuroo on one knee, holding out a box with a ring inside.

"You're fucking joking." You said about to tear up.

"Dead serious." He giggled, as you held out your hand towards him.

"So sweetheart, you wanna marry me?" He teased.

"Of course I do!" You smiled as he slipped the ring onto your finger, him standing up and grabbing you into a tight hug, pressing lips against each other lightly.

There were a few other couples standing around you, clapping. There were no young children considering it was nighttime, so it was quiet and relaxing. You thanked the people that congratulated you around you as they went on their way.

You happily walked back with him to your hotel room.

"I was waiting for that wedding ring one day. But damn in the moment." You took a deep breath as he gently held onto your head against his chest.

"I wanted to wait for the right moment. Your mother kept bringing up when I was gonna put a ring on you." He laughed.

"My mom does trust you. You stayed with me since highschool. No shit you're the one." You smiled.

"My mom likes you as well. Plus, at the end of the day. It's my decision. I want to live my life with you." He kissed your forehead.

"Me too." You closed your eyes gently, falling asleep on his chest.

________

The trip was over and you headed back home.