Ch 231: Tsundere-I Mean, Proud People

Start from the beginning

Silverash's gaze turned colder by the second as he stared at Lin Ye, but the madman in question didn't even flinch, he stared right back into Silverash's blue eyes as if he was challenging him.

"Encia called you Dr. Lin just now." Silverash spoke slowly, "Then I will call you that too, Dr. Lin. Is there any problem with that?"

Lin Ye nodded, "No problem at all, Mr. Silverash."

Silverash crosses his arms and asks him

"I want to know, who told you about this matter? Or rather, why are you interfering with other people's business?"

Lin Ye's mouth twitches slightly. He thought that this sentence sounded a bit familiar...

Oh, Olivia and Saria had said the same thing to him too. Good times.

This made him recall a certain memory from his previous life.

When an aunt was just minding her own business in the park, Lin Ye suddenly walked up to her and said.

"Auntie! I heard that someone is being mean to your daughter. Let me help her!"

The auntie then asked. "O-Oh, what do you have in mind?"

Lin Ye looked at her excitedly. "Obviously by being her friend,"

What the hell... When I was not even in my early twenties, I was already as nosy as a neighbourhood committee auntie...

Lin Ye became speechless at that thought, but he still soldiered on. He could not afford to back down here; his face and life is at stake.

"Perhaps. As you said, I am indeed a little nosy." Lin Ye coughed twice. "But I am a psychologist after all. I have to care for my patients and help them with their issues."

"You mean Anya is your patient?"

Cliffheart wanted to interrupt Lin Ye but she held her tongue.

Silverash spoke to Lin Ye in an even tone

"Everyone will have unpleasant moments. This kind of thing is inevitable."

"You are right." Lin Ye nods, "But some can be avoided."

"For example?"

"When we walked in, you did not look at us."

Lin Ye began his lecture.

"Of course, it's understandable, we're just guests and you are the host. The only person you actually looked at was Cliffheart and that's understandable as well, she's your sister after all. But..."

Lin Ye crosses his arms just like Silversash.

Almost like he is saying that he is equal to him.

"When we were all already seated, your eyes lingered by the door for another 3 seconds."

Silverash's eyelids twitched: "What do you want to say?"

Lin Ye didn't dilly dally any longer.

"You were expecting someone else that was much more important than us...Your sister Anya. Your heart wants one thing, but you can't express it correctly. A common problem among tsundere-I mean, proud people."

Lin Ye ended his words with a smirk.

The silence in the dining hall was palpable.

Butler Green buried his head lower while Matterhorn felt that the room's temperature had declined sharply. Everyone else was suffocating and perspiring from the immense pressure emitted by Silverash. Everyone else but Lin Ye of course who simply sipped some tea.

Cliffheart was looking at Lin Ye with hopeful eyes that also held some respect and adoration.

Sussurro poked at Lin Ye's waist and muttered.

"Can you just relax? I don't want to be kicked out tonight."

Lin Ye didn't look at her because he didn't want to lose against Silverash in their little staring competition, but he still replied in a low voice.

"Don't worry, everything is under control."

Seeing Lin Ye had said so, Sussurro can only shake her head helplessly.

Lin Ye's head, however, was telling a different story.

I'm so not in control right now but fuck me was it worth it! I sounded so cool saying all that!

A few seconds ticked away and Silverash finally says something

"What you said is true, I was looking forward to Anya's return. But our relationship is complicated, I can't explain it. Maybe you are right, the problem lies in my inability to express my wants, but I am an adult and Anya is still a child."

"Can't you sit down and have a chat with her?" Lin Ye asks,

"Anya was already willing to come back, so at the very least, you could discuss your problems with each other."

"It's not that simple." Silverash slowly stood up. Matterhorn immediately reacted and placed a coat over him.

"Doctor Lin, I'm very happy that you're willing to stand up and speak for Anya, it proves that she has friends in Rhodes Island. I will try to talk to her, but I can't promise anything."

He glanced at Lin Ye and only nodded at him.

He then rubs Cliffheart's head.

"Eat slowly, Encia, ​​I have things to do. Let's go Matterhorn."

He then turned around and left, Matterhorn followed him closely from behind.

Lin Ye didn't want to leave it at that and said loudly without looking at him,

"Aren't you the older brother? If two siblings are in a fight do you expect the younger sister to be the mature one and come to apologize first?"

Silverash halted and turned around to look at Lin Ye seriously.

Cliffheart placed her knife and fork down to look at the drama unfolding itself in front of her while Sussurro was already thinking about where they would sleep tonight.

The dining hall falls silent again.

Lin Ye don't know how long it took before Silverash finally spoke.

"Is that so? Then, in that case, stay here for a few days. It's not like Kjerag would drive away their guests. Have fun, Dr. Lin."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by BrainNotWerk

Edit by Jaq