Chapter 1 : Arrival

He walks up to you, reaching out for your hand. "May I have this dance?" he asks, giving you the sweetest little smile. You grab his hand while blushing. He spins you around then leads you to the dance when...

*DING* you wake up.

"We are now approaching Sendai Airport in Natori, Miyagi. At this time, we ask for all passengers to stay seated with their seatbelts fastened."

You look out the window excited. In 2 days you will be starting your first day of school at Karasuno High as a foreign exchange student. You have waited for this day for so long! You have travelled around the world your whole life, but this is the first time that you have taken the plane by yourself, let alone for a 17 hour flight.

You feel the plane's impact on the runway and get even more excited.

...

After grabbing your carry-ons, you walk out of the plane, heading towards baggage claim. You wait patiently for your two big suitcases (because you are staying there for a year, but you still think you might have overpacked). Finally you see your suitcases coming your way. You struggle to grab the two black suitcases covered in stickers from cities worldwide, but finally manage to get them off the luggage belt.

You turn around to see your aunt running towards you with her arms open, ready to give you the biggest hug.

"Aunt Maggie!!" you yell.

"AAAHHHHHH" your aunt exclaims, as she grabs you in the tightest hug, spinning and swaying with you in her embrace.

"Well how is my favourite niece doing? You have gotten so big! You might even be taller than me!" she said, shocked.

"Aunt Maggie, I'm your only niece." you say sarcastically, rolling your eyes. "Plus I don't think we've seen each other in, what has it been, 4 years?!" you say.

Your aunt Maggie is a famous travel influencer known for the crazy stunts and excursions she does. Almost every other week, she posts vlog of her experience in a completely different country. Because of this, you rarely get to see her, but this year, she is taking a "chill year" she likes to call it. So, you're going to stay with her for the time that you study in Japan. That is one of the biggest, maybe only reason your parents let you come here.

"Well don't just stand there. Give me a bag and let's get going to your home for the year." Aunt Maggie says, taking your biggest suitcase.

You chat the whole way to the car and for most of the car ride.

"Oh shoot. I should call my mom telling her my plane landed okay. She's probably freaking out right about now." you say.

Using your aunts data, you FaceTime your mom.

"Hi mom! Sorry that I'm just calling now. I got caught up chatting with aunt Maggie." you explain.

"Oh don't worry sweetie. I'm just glad that you're okay. How was the flight?" your mom asks.

"It was fine. Longer than I thought it would be but I slept most of the way-"

"BIG SISSSSS!!!" your aunt screams.

"Hey Maggie! How are you?" your mom asks.

"I'm doing great. Your daughter has grown up so much since the last time I saw her! She is becoming a lovely young woman." your aunt says. You blush out of embarrassment.

"She has. Please take care of her. She is still just 15. Please be responsible. She will be stressed out enough with her studies, we don't need her worrying about you too. Me and y/n father are counting on you." your mom lectures to your aunt.

"Don't worry. She's in good hands" your aunt says, rolling her eyes.

"Well, we are getting close to the house I think. We should go." you say.

After saying your goodbyes, you end the call. As your aunt pulls into the driveway, you look at the uber-modern 3 storey house in front of you. Your aunt helps you bring your bags inside.

"I didn't know you got this much money from being an influencer!" you say, still amazed at how nice this house is.

"Yea. I bought this house around 7 years ago. It's kinda like my "vacation home", for when I need a vacation from my vacations" she giggles, in a kind of bragging way, guiding you to your new room.

"Wow aunt Maggie." you say sarcastically.

"Oh please sweetie, call me Mags" she says.

...

Your room already has a full vanity and bed set up for you. You turn to see your own bathroom too. 'Sweeeet!' you thought.

You just start unpacking the essentials: all your skincare and your pyjamas, as it was getting late.

After getting ready for bed, you took out two of your notebooks, one bigger than the other. You open the bigger one (which is your journal) and write the feelings you had today. Once done recording your thoughts, you open the smaller notebook, your poetry book and you start writing a little poem. You do this every night before you go to bed.

Once you are done writing, you go straight to bed, since you're exhausted from the huge travel day.

*Time Skip - your first day of school*

"Don't forget, I won't be able to pick you up after school. I'm sure you'll find a way to get home fine. See ya!" your aunt yells to you as you grab your bag and head into your new school, Karasuno High.

You were really early, because you were scared that you wouldn't find your class on time, but it wasn't far from the entrance so you got there pretty quickly.

You head into the classroom and see your teacher in the front of the class, writing on the white board. You knock on the opened door to get your teacher's attention.

"Oh hi! You must be (L/n) (Y/n), right? Come in! you can have a seat at the third desk from the last row" she said cheerfully pointing to a desk next to a window. "I'm Miss. Sanokori."

You take your seat in the empty class. 'jeez. I didn't realize I was THIS early'.

You take out a sketchbook, along with your pencil, pen and calligraphy pens, ready to take notes of people entering the class.

You have always kept to yourself, not because you're really shy or anything, you just prefer your own company then the company of others that might disappoint you. But, you are a great observer. You can learn a lot about a person just by watching them.

As your new classmates slowly trickle into the class, you study them, sketching how they look then noting down some things you notice. It's funny. You feel closer to people when you're watching them from a distance than you do when you're actually talking to them.

You can get a good read on almost everyone in your class, identifying the mean girl, the class clown, the jock, etc. Until you get to a certain tall, black hair boy.

You can't seem to figure him out. You start off with sketching him, because most of the time that helps you think, but after you were done, you still couldn't quite put your finger on who this boy is. Not being able to figure out a person annoys you.

The boy turns to look at you, worried and confused. 'omg. I've been staring at him for 5 minutes!' you realize.

(A/n: Hi guys! This is the first Wattpad that I have written so I am SUPER excited. This chapter is kind of boring, I know, but it's just to start. I promise this story will get more interesting. Also, I do write my own poems, so if y'all want me to write the poems "by y/n" in here, I would be happy to. Anyways, I hope you guys stay for the journey and are as excited as I am for this story to unfold. Welp. See you in the next chapter! :)

Word Count - 1250