"YOUR NONVIOLENCE AND NEGOTIATION WON'T SAVE YOU..."

"We were able to get him neutralized for now thanks to Skeppy's attack. He's being held in the laboratory until we can cure him." The opening and closing of cabinets echoed in his ears.

"Skeppy, though... He lost a life. I don't know how many lives he has left but he needs to be careful, especially with his friend on the loose as a rogue evil demon."

"I'm sure we can have a plan to help the others! I mean, I don't want Philza and Techno to stay this way. They look.... Not like themselves... Techno is this weird wormy flytrap thing and Philza looks like my sleep paralysis demon that makes me scared of sleeping at night. We need to do something Sam."

"We have to go step by step, Puffy. Rushing one step could cause casualties in the next. Don't you remember what happened last time? Tommy nearly drowned and almost everyone was injured!"

"You're right Sam, but we need to be quick about it. We've moved camp several times these past months and we've barely made any progress."

"I'll take your words into consideration Puffy."

The shuffling of feet stopped as Skeppy opened his eyes up to where he was. He clutched onto the blanket covering him as cold hair hit his bandaged arms.

"Awake, Skeppy?" A familiar voice called to him. He turned around, looking at the direction of the voice. The green and red eyed black and white figure stood on the other bed beside his, looking at him with eyes of relief.

"Oh. Hey Ranboo. It's been quite some time, hasn't it?" He waved lightheartedly with his bandaged hand.

"Yeah. Everyone thought you were dead and were scared you were going to die." He closed his eyes, imagining everything that had happened like it was a distant memory. "It was quite a frenzy arriving back and camp and you soaked the stretcher in blood completely."

Skeppy checked his abdomen for the wound, but his skin was smooth and clear, like ice, apart from a darkened spot in the shape of the wound. His fingers were the only thing horribly bruised, but it was probably from staying in one place for so long.

Like, nothing ever even touched him.

"Where's the wound then?" He touched around the area again, only feeling the cold of his curse.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you! We set your bed and you died and respawned here. We threw your other body in the river."

"Oh... Okay..."

"In fact, how many lives do you even have left?"

"I don't really remember. I think either two or one. I wouldn't doubt one at this point." Glancing at his bruised frostbite that littered his arms, he looked back at Ranboo.

"What happened to your arm?" The boy pointed at his arms. Skeppy rolled up his sleeve, revealing the mess that was his arm.