35

It's been a few days since Nationals and I'm back in Los Angeles. I haven't told anyone about the tour offer.

It's been killing me, having to choose. But I think I might have chosen. "Taylor, what's been up with you?" Lauren asked.

I was working with both Jasper and Lauren. And I haven't said much. "I've just been tired." I lie as Jasper rolls his eyes.

"That's a damn lie. You've been sulking ever since you won Nationals." Was it that obvious?

"I'm not sulking." I lie, once again. "Taylor, please talk to us. We can tell somethings up." I sigh as I look at them.

I can't lie to my friends any longer. "I got an offer to go on tour with Ariana Grande." Both of their mouths drop.

"No shit!" Lauren said happily. "You're going right?" Jasper asked looking at me. I didn't say anything.

I just looked down. "You're going, right?" Jasper asked more serious. "I can't leave you guys and Charlie for nine months." I tell them.

There was full disappointment on their faces. "This has been your dream since forever!" Lauren reminded me.

"This is literally a once in a lifetime offer." I knew they were going to react like that. But I know it's only cause they care.

"I know, but I can't leave Charlie. I can't be away from him for nine months." I tell them. "You both would do the same."

I know they wouldn't take it. "I'm sorry. But I choose Charlie." And with that, it wasn't talked about again.

They could barely look over at me. They would whisper off and on, but I didn't care what they were saying.

I get off and drive to my house. Charlie was busy so I had nothing else better to do. I was cleaning my house when I got a text.

I look at it to see they wanted to have a small get together at Charlie's. Jeremy and Owen were already there.

I think it'll be fun to get a distraction. I drive to Charlie's apartment and walk in. Owen, Jeremy, and Lilli were sitting on the couch.

There was something about them that seemed off. I sat next to Owen, him looking at me. "You know we love you right?" Owen asked.

I looked at him with a questionable look. "Yeah. I love you guys too." I tell him. I bounced my leg up and down out of nerves.

"You know we'll always be here for you, right?" Jeremy asked making me turn to him. Why were they being so serious?

It made me even more anxious. "I know." I reply. I looked in between us. "No matter what, we'll always be here." Lilli spoke up.

I couldn't handle it anymore. "What the fuck is going on?" I ask, nervous as hell. "Nothing, everything's fine." Owen lied.

I can tell when he's lying. I've been around him long enough. I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe.

"I need air." I get up from the couch and walk outside. I sit on the stairs as I couldn't breathe.

It felt like the world was ending. I lace my shaking hands together as I tear up. Why did they sound like they were saying goodbye to me?

Why were they being so serious? They're never serious. Did Lauren and Jasper tell them about the tour?

If they did, wouldn't they congratulate me? "You okay?" I hear Owen ask. I wipe my eyes as I turn to him.

"I'm sorry for freaking out. I've been on edge recently." I admit, he sits down next to me. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I can tell. I just hate seeing you like this." I don't say anything. I just try to focus on my breathing.

He sighed. "You wanna talk about it?" He asked softly. I looked up at his face. He looked so sad.

I shake my head no as he nods. "We really want you to be in there with us." He admitted.

"So, whenever you're ready come inside." He stood up as I did the same. I wanted to talk to Jeremy actually.

When I look inside, Jeremy was sitting on the couch. "Hey, Jer. Can I talk to you?" I ask grabbing his attention.

He nodded his head as he stood up. He comes outside with me, Owen leaving us. "You okay?" He asked scratching his neck.

I feel like I could talk about it with him. "No. I got an offer to go on tour with Ariana Grande." I tell him.

He took a deep breath. "What are you going to do?" He asked seriously. I just shook my head as I looked down at my hands.

They couldn't stop shaking. "I'm not going to do it. I can't deal with being away from Charlie." I admit.

I like how Jeremy isn't freaking out over this. He's actually staying calm. "I think you should take it." He told me.

"Have you told Charlie?" I shook my head no. I just now figured out what I should do. "I don't know how." I shrug.

"You shouldn't keep secrets from him." He was right. I should tell him. I will whenever he comes.

"Do you know where he's at now?" I ask as he shakes his head. I thank him for talking to me.

We go back inside and wait for Charlie, Jasper, and Lauren. About half an hour later, the three walked in together.

For some reason, it got really tense in here. Charlie didn't look like himself at all. He looked sad.

He also looked paler if that was even possible. He looked like he had a lot on his mind.

Jasper and Lauren didn't look too happy either. What the hell is going on? And why am I not in on in.

Nolan isn't here, is he okay? Charlie couldn't even look at me. "Taylor, can we talk privately in my room?"

My heart dropped. He doesn't even sound like himself. He sounds cold and harsh.

When I look closer, he looks like he's been crying. Everyone was staring at me. I swallowed my courage.

"Yeah, of course."