1

For me, Valentine's Day is probably my least favorite holiday.

Especially when your two best friends are in relationships. It's not that I hate love because I'm single and I think it's hard to see people in love.

I just don't understand the concept of a day to give your significant other chocolates and flowers.

Valentine's Day is just a big advertisement for chocolate companies.

It is hard being the only single one out of my friend group. Only because they're busy spending time with their partners.

But I'm happy that dance keeps me busy. Whenever I'm not at work, I'm at my dance studio.

I'm in the age group for twenty one to twenty four year olds. We're one of the best in the state so we do competitions a lot.

It's always been my dream to become a famous dancer. Not anything professional, like a ballerina.

But something fun, like for a tour. I don't really talk to anyone on my dance team. But the people I do talk to are super nice.

I put my black shirt on with skinny jeans. I tuck it in while I grab my hat and apron since I work at a Starbucks.

I actually enjoy working there because I work with my two best friends, Jasper and Lauren.

We've all been friends since high school and they've been dating their partners, Lillian, Lilli for short, and Nolan since I've known them.

Jasper is trans so we all go to pride with him every year. I don't know what I'll be doing without him, because he's been there for me.

They both have, and I couldn't thank them enough. I sigh as I grab my things to go to Starbucks.

At least I'm working with Lauren and Jasper. When I walk out of my townhouse, I turn to see my neighbor, Warren on his porch.

He's sitting on his steps, smoking a cigarette. He's a little bit older than me.

He's full of tattoos and has a little tan. He's originally from Bradford in England but he moved away.

He says it's because he was running away from his parents but I know it's because he didn't wanna be a Muslim anymore.

So he's been here for the past few years. I always thought he was attractive, but he was never my type.

Plus he's always been like an older brother. He notices that I'm on my porch and smiles.

"Hey, Porter." He stayed sitting on his steps as I walked over to him. It wouldn't kill me to talk to him for a minute.

He looked up at me as he took a hit of his cigarette. "Do you have a pack of cigs? I seem to be almost out." He asked as I got over to him.

He was shirtless and had grey sweatpants on. "You know I don't smoke. When are you gonna quit?" I asked as he rolled his eyes.

"That's a really good question that I haven't thought about." He was such a smartass sometimes.

"You want me to get you cigarettes while I go to work?" I ask as he smiles. He stands up, flicking his butt onto the ashtray.

"That'll be wonderful, love. I have a killer headache." That explains why he's up early.

He starts to walk inside as I walk towards my car. "How many times do I have to tell you to eat greasy food before laying down?" I ask unlocking my car.

"I know. You don't have to take care of me though, Taylor." He opened his door, but stayed outside. "Someone has to." I joke as he chuckles.

"Whatever, have fun at work." He waved as I got into my car. I drive to Starbucks, which isn't too far away.

Once there, I notice Lauren and Jasper have already beat me. They were setting everything up when I walked in.

They were talking about their double date they had last night and laughing. Jasper looks at me and smiled.

"You should've came last night, it was fun." I walked behind the counter and put my apron on.

"You know I'm not fifth wheeling." Third wheeling is one thing, but fifth wheeling is another thing.

"We told you we can set you up with someone." Lauren told me.

I don't know why they try, I like being single. There's so much pressure when you date.

"You don't have to set me up with anyone. I'm happy being single." I tell them. The two gave each other a look as I rolled my eyes.

"We just don't want to see you spend another Valentine's Day in your house, watching the notebook by yourself." Lauren spoke.

I dropped my jaw as I looked at them. "So? I like staying at home." It's a lie. I wish I was out, but I don't wanna do anything romantic.

"That's the thing. I saw something on Facebook and they're having a little singles club on the thirteenth." I look at Jasper confused.

"What do you mean, singles club?" I ask making sure we have everything.

"A singles club. It's where you go meet other singles. It's apparently a big thing." Lauren informed me.

I groan at the idea of it. "Please tell me you didn't sign me up." And then they got quiet. I groan again knowing they signed me up for it.

"You need to put yourself out there!" Lauren was so energetic in the mornings, I don't know how she does that.

"I'm twenty one! It's okay to be single." We started getting customers in the drive thru so we had to prepare.

"Will you just think about it? It actually took us awhile to do it." Jasper admitted.

I thought about it for a minute. I really don't wanna do it. I think I'm perfectly okay single.

But if gets them off my back about going, then I might do it. I wasn't gonna be happy about doing this at all.

But at least it'll give me something to do. "Fine, I'll do it. Just so you can get off my ass." They both cheered as I made a drink.

I just hope that whoever I meet at this singles club, isn't too bad.