13

Every year on Saint Patrick's day, Lauren and Nolan throw a huge party at their house. A ton of people show up and we drink.

Warren even comes and has been for the past couple of years. I invited Charlie, and he said he would come.

I had on a green dress that showed some cleavage. It came to my mid thigh so it was a little short.

I put some make up on, putting a four leaf clover on my cheek. It actually turned out super well. "Taylor Aspen Porter!" I hear.

"I'm in my room!" I yell back. The footsteps get closer meaning he was coming in here. When he comes in I turn over to look over at him.

He had khaki shorts on with a green thrasher hoodie. "You look like a frat boy." I laugh as he pouts.

"And to think I was gonna say you look cute." He came over and sat on my bed. I look down at my dress and smiled.

"You think I look cute?" I ask as he rolls his eyes. I put some heels on causing us to get up.

Before getting in my car, I went to knock on Warrens door. A minute later he came out wearing a green hoodie with plaid pants.

"You ready?" I ask as he nods. We walk over to my car, me in the driver, Warren in the back, and Charlie in the front.

"No offense Charlie but you look like a real wanker." I snorted with laughter as I drove. "Do I look that bad?" He asked laughing.

"It's just the shorts and the hat." I laugh glancing at him. He shrugged as he left it on. When we get to Lauren's, their house was packed.

We walk a little ways there, hearing the talking and the music. I looked at Charlie to see him nervous.

I grabbed onto his hand, lacing our fingers together. "Squeeze if you need to." He nodded. We walked into the house together.

Most of everyone was outside. But there were the occasional few that were inside. I looked down the hallway to see Lilli.

She smiled as she looked over at me. "Taylor, you made it!" She smiled at me. I giver her a quick hug as she looks at Charlie.

"It's good seeing you again, Charlie." She wrapped her arms around his neck. He hugged her back, a slight smile on his face.

"You too." He pulled away as he looked over at me. "There's drinks outside and there's some in the kitchen too." She explained.

I look in the kitchen to see Warren already making a drink. I'm not surprised. "Where's Jasper and Lauren?" I ask her.

"Out back playing beer pong. I think they're playing with Nolan and someone else." She informed me.

I nodded as she walked away. Warren went out back to talk to a few people he knew. I went into the kitchen to make a drink.

"You want one?" I ask looking over at Charlie. He shook his head no which shocked me. "I don't drink. I smoke." I'm not surprised.

But it didn't change the way I looked at him. "You don't care if I drink, do you?" I ask looking at him.

"You're your own person. You can do whatever you want and I won't tell you no. Unless it's murder." I laughed at the end.

Even though he joked in the end, he was really sweet. "Come on, I have to make my rounds." I grab his hand, waffling our fingers.

I walk outside, the music getting louder. There were more people here than I thought. Lauren looked over at me and smiled.

"You made it!" She cheered. I could tell she was already drunk. Nolan and Lauren were on a team while Jasper was on the other side.

"You need to play with us." She slurred. "I will when you're done with this game." She nods as I walk away.

I hug Jasper as Nolan makes it in the cup. Nolan cheers as Lauren kisses his cheek. "Is Lauren okay?" Charlie asked as we walked away.

I take a drink of my vodka, the burning liquid going down my throat. "She's intoxicated." I laugh a little.

"Look, if I knew you didn't drink, I wouldn't have invited you. I don't want you to be awkward." I explain, taking another swig.

"I wanted to come. I knew you were going to drink so I wanted to protect you. If something happened." I smiled.

Even though we joke around a lot, he has his moment where he's super sweet. "I doubt anything will happen." I admit to him.

The more we sit and talk, the more I drink. Charlie didn't seem to mind though. As we talked, Lauren walked over to me.

"Come on, you and Warren are playing against us." Before I could say anything, she pulled me up and dragged me to the table.

Warren was already there so I stood next to him. "Prepare to get your ass whooped." Nolan threatened.

Charlie stood next to us to watch. I threw the first ball, making it in. I clap Warrens hands. "This is why you're always on my team, love."

Almost every time we come here, we play together. I look over at Charlie to see him looking at us.

He looked intense. "You okay?" I ask. He nodded his head as he watched. I shrug as I continue to play.

Around two or three hours later, I was completely drunk. I was walking back to the kitchen to get another drink.

The whole world was spinning around me. "Woah, I don't think you need another one." I heard Jasper say behind me.

I sluggishly turn my head to him, holding myself up. "Jasper, come on dude." I slur. I try to look at his face but I can't focus.

"You can't even focus on me, fool." He laughed. I tried to get my cup but almost fell over. Jasper wrapped his arm around me.

"Where's Charlie?" I ask him. I really wanna see him. "I'm looking for him now." Jasper looked around.

After a second, he started dragging me somewhere. "Aye, you're going fast." I slur over to him. I was trying to keep up with him.

"Charlie, she's really drunk." I looked up and saw Charlie. He was looking over at me. "Charlie, I've been looking for you."

I let go of Jasper's grip. I stumbled over to him, him instantly catching me. "You have?" He asked holding onto me.

"You got her?" Jasper asked Charlie. "Yeah." And then it was just us two. "I've been meaning to tell you something." I mumble.

Charlie slowly took me to the couch. "Oh yeah? Should it wait?" He sits me down as he sits down next to me.

I shake my head as I look at his cute face. "You're really fucking cute." He tried to hold back his smile.

"You're just saying that cause you're drunk." He tried to deny it. "No, I really do. Even when I'm sober and I can see you clearly." I slur.

"You're like really good looking, and you have an amazing personality. Like the best." I ramble. He's letting me ramble.

"I just really like you, Charlie. Like more than friends." I really hope I don't remember this tomorrow.

My mouth started watering as I thought about it. I look at Charlie to see mixed emotions on his face.

Happiness mixed with disappointment. "Charlie." I barely get out. Now he looks worried. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I think I have to throw up."