26

I walk into work the next morning sore from skiing. Lauren looks at me weirdly whenever I walk in slowly.

"Why are you walking like my great aunt Tessie?" She asked joking. "Her and Charlie had a weekend getaway."

Jasper answered before I could, making Lauren gasp. "Did you and Charlie, you know?" She didn't have to say it but I knew what she meant.

"No, we didn't hook up. We've been dating for a little over a month. We're taking things slow." I explain.

"We spent the whole weekend at Big Bear skiing. Well he skied, I was snowboarding." I go on. "My best friend found love." Lauren sang.

Jasper played along as I blushed. "Charlie I love you." Jasper sang from Harry Potter. "Charlie I do." Lauren joined in.

They had replaced Viktor Krums name to Charlie, which fit. "When we're apart my heart only beats for you!" They sang off key.

I didn't say anything because I think they're right. I haven't been like this for anyone. They got quiet as they looked at me.

I made a drink for someone in the drive through and then handed it to them. "Holy shit." Lauren crossed her arms as she looked at me.

I look at them strangely, trying to hide it. "You love Charlie." I went red. I made sure to not make eye contact.

"You might even be in love with him." They gaped at me. "I think so. But it's too soon." Jasper shakes his head.

"You've known him since February. It's now the beginning of May." He explained as I started another drink.

"It's still soon." I deny as they shake their heads. "It's never too soon. If you know, you'll know." Lauren shrugged.

I give the drink to the costumer as we dropped the conversation. I'm happy that they dropped it because now I can think about it.

Is it that obvious that I love Charlie? And it's more than friends. It's a scary feeling to be in love with him.

Because I don't know if he feels the same way. It's scary giving all of yourself to someone who could break you in a second.

But for Charlie, it's worth it. It would be a privilege to get my heart broken by him. Whenever I'm off work, I drive back to my house.

I text Charlie that I'm home so we can make plans. He said he was doing something at his apartment so I figured I could come over.

I change my clothes real quick, something casual but cute. I drive to his apartment, listening to music.

Something made me feel giddy as I thought about seeing Charlie. I opened his door to hear the piano.

I look in the living room to see him playing on his keyboard. He had his back facing me as I listened.

He had a Hawaiian dad shirt on with basketball shorts. He had on socks that went to his mid calf and his hair was down.

I leaned against the wall so I could listen. He played the song beautifully. When he finished, I could tell he was smiling to himself.

"That was really good." I speak up. He jumps up and turns to me. I guess he didn't hear me come in.

He held his hand over his heart as he caught his breath. "You scared the shit out of me." He smiled as I sat on his couch.

"When did you get here?" He asked walking over to me. "A few minutes ago, I liked the song you were playing." I admit.

He blushed which was super cute on him. "Thanks. I think I messed up a few times but it was pretty good." He told himself.

"You should teach me how to play someday." I tell him honestly. "If you teach me how to dance." He suggested.

I stood up and reached my hand out. He looked at me questionably. "I'll teach you something right now." He smiled.

He turned some music on so we have something to dance to. He played Flightless Bird from the Twilight movies.

They played it when Bella and Edward danced at prom. "So you're going to put your hand on my lower back." I tell him.

He follows my step and places his hand there. I put my left arm on his neck as he as we lace our fingers together.

My heart was thumping in my chest, I could hear it in my ears. "In my head, to keep pace, I count in my head." I explain.

"Just follow my lead." I started stepping while counting it in my head. "It's all about pace and balance." I explain.

"Kinda like singing and playing an instrument?" He asked putting pieces the together. I smile as I watch my feet.

"Exactly like that." I tell him. As we dance, he starts to get better. I looked up right into his hazel eyes.

It's like the song and us dancing is putting me in the mood. My feelings for him are getting stronger every day.

Every minute I'm with him. I get on my tippy toes and kiss his lips. They move in sync, making me smile.

I pull away and get back to the dance. "What was that for?" He asked with an innocent smile on his face.

"Because I wanted to." I smile as I thought about the conversation with Jasper and Lauren. "You okay?"

Charlie had a concerned look on his face. I take a deep breath before speaking. "I have something to tell you." I say seriously.

"You're not pregnant with Owen's fake baby are you?" He asked jokingly. I laugh as I shake my head.

It was a perfect time to say it. "I love you." I say clear as day. He didn't even have to say it back. I wanted him to know that I meant it.

He looked at me with teary eyes and his smile was wider than ever. He stopped dancing to look at me.

"You do?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, baby." I say, tears in my eye. "I love you too." I was so happy to hear it.

"I've been wanting to tell you for some time. I just didn't know how." He admits. "I'm just happy to tell you." I half joked.

I wrap my arms around him and embrace him fully. They were right, I was completely in love with Charlie.

And I can't push it away any longer.

Stray Hearts // Charlie Gillespie On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara