35

"Jhope?" Jungkook gets up and moves closer, "Is it really you?"

"Yes--I'm sorry--I left you alone back then---"

Jungkook runs and launches himself at Jhope, hugging him tight, "I missed you so much Hyung" tears streamed down his face.

"I missed you too..it's okay. I'm here now. Don't cry, what's wrong?" Jhope asks.

"Hyung..I messed up--I messed up so bad" Jungkook sobs.

"shh..calm down" Jhope rubs his back.

"Can't breathe--" Jungkook whimpers. He was holding it in for a long time.

"stop crying, It will help you breathe, c'mon let me buy you something to drink" Jhope takes Jungkook to a shop nearby and sits him down.

"now tell me"

Jungkook wipes his tears and starts his story, of how he met Taehyung and how afraid he was to be with him, afraid of his own heart, how he fell in love.

"Seems like you really love him Jungkook. I'm proud of you"

"There were times when I was with him and it was too much.Does that make sense? Whe someone stirs a world of emotion in you and it's so intense you can barely stand to be with them?" Jungkook clutches the pain in his heart.

Jhope nods.

Jungkook continues, "During those times I wanted so desperately to leave--lock myself in my room and never come out." Jungkook finds it hard to put it into words, "As time went by, I don't know when I actually fell in love"

"Jungkook..you didn't know what love was, but now you know. You have time to fix it. He's not gone completely. Talk to him, all the words that are burried inside you, let it out. You are the only who restricts yourself from saying anything--have some courage and faith that he would listen. Tell him everything. He can't read your mind, you have to show it yourself"

"You're right" Jungkook nods. 

"GO now! what are you waiting for?" Jhope cheers him.

Jungkook looks at him longingly, "Hyung..what about you--I'm afraid that if I leave now I won't be able to see you again"

Jhope smiles softly, "I'm not going anywhere. I know that could be hard to believe, trust me. I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be there for you and Jimin. He has my number you can get it from him"

"Jimin knows you are here?" Jungkook is surprised.

"Yes he does, saw him here a couple of weeks ago"

"best friend my ass" Jungkook mumbles. "so...do you still love him?"

"Does it matter?" Jhope smiles softly.

"To me? yes. "

"I do, never stopped. when I saw him again and when he apologized for breaking my heart, I loved him more, but when he told me about his relationship, I saw how much he loves his boyfriend--even though they broke up, I won't have a chance with him. His heart belongs to Yoongi and I'm okay with that. I just want him to be happy even though its not with me" Jhope says with glossy eyes.

"You are so strong. I love you so much hyung" Jungkook hugs him again and walks away, "I'll see you later"

"Jungkook!" Jhope calls.

Jungkook turns around, "My name is Jung Hoseok, in case you wanna look me up"

Jungkook smiles, "Nice meeting you Hoseok"

~~~

Jungkook's legs directly leads him to Taehyung's dorm room.

Now he is standing there for the past 15 minutes like an absolute idiot. How's he gonna start the conversation? what would he think if I show up at his door in the middle of the night.?

He sighs and gets back to his room. He needs time to prepare himself.

~~

The next day, Taehyung hears a knock at his door. "Who is it?" he groans.

"It's Jimin!!" he hears his best friends voice, "What do you want? It's 6 in the morning!" Taehyung opens his door, rubbing his eyes.

His eyeballs almost fell out of its sockets when he saw Jungkook standing along with Jimin, "What the hell Jimin?" Tae shouts.

"Don't look at me. I owe him something" Jimin glares at Jungkook, "For the last time, Jhope said not to tell you"

Jungkook rolls his eyes, "You should have told me, anyway thanks now go away"

Taehyung was about to close the door but Jungkook placed his hand in between , "Please Tae, just 20 seconds"

"Just 20 seconds?" Tae asks.

"yes"

"Okay"

Jungkook hold out a letter which Taehyung instinctly takes, "what's this?"

"I know you won't let me talk, but please read the letter" he nods and walks away, unable to look at Taehyung any longer.

Tae gets back in his room and closes the door, tosses the letter in the bed and scoffs, "He must be an idiot"

He gets on with his morning routine, gets dressed, picks up his bag and reaches for the door. He turns around to look at the letter, it looks intriguing, his hand itches to open it, to read it, but his mind warns him not to do something so stupid again and fall for another lie.

He blames himself for having high expectations. Love doesn't exist in real life. He has to deal with it.

The entire day he doesn't  see Jungkook anywhere.  The thoughts about the letter clouded his mind, what could it be? 

'you always dreamed about receiving letters, now you did it. How romantic' his heart says.

'don't be stupid' his brain says.

He gets back to his room, its already dark outside. He can't stay out longer.

He throws himself on the bed and looks at the letter. 

'To open it or to not open it?'

"Fuck it" Taehyung opens the letter with no expectation of pleasure but with the strongest curiosity.