34

If someone punches you in the stomach, it'll hurt whether you were expecting it or not.so,if they person you love stops loving you back, well in Taehyung's case , didn't love you at all, you're going to feel the blow even if you saw it coming.

Taehyung knew what he was getting himself into, he should have known, making Jungkook falling in love with him was easy or so he thought. How foolish he was to believe him when he said 'I Love you'?

so foolish.

The next day Taehyung gets to class, he knows how to successfully avoid someone, is it because he was good at it or because Jungkook didn't look for him in the first place.

"Hey Tae" Jimin and Yoongi walk up to him.

Taehyung momenterily forgets the pain he was feeling, he smiled when he saw the couple together.

"You got back together?"

"Um--no, we agreed to stay friends" Jimin replies.

Taehyung gives them a soft smile, "Did you hear? Jimin and Jungkook almost got their asses kicked last night, where's he by the way?" Yoongi asks.

"We broke up" Taehyung replies nonchalantly.

"What!?" Jimin looks at Taehyung, "why?"

"Turns out he didn't love me at all" Taehyung sighs, he can't cry even if he wants to, he has no tears left to cry.

"It can't be right. I have seen him look at you Taehyung, he looks at you--like for the first time in his life he feels warm. He does that whenever you are around" Yoongi says.

"I don't know hyung" Tae shakes his head. "I don't if that's true"

"Maybe you just didn't see it" Yoongi says, and glances at Jimin. Jimin feels the pair of eyes on him but focuses on Taehyung.

"Are you okay?" Jimin hugs his best friend.

"I'm fine--I will be-- I lost someone who didn't love me, while he lost someone that did love him" Taehyung closes his locker, "I regret it"

"Regret what?"

"I regret everything, talking to him, asking him to be my friend, falling for him, believing him when he said he loves me. I regret every single thing" Taehyung's voice breaks. 

Jimin watches Taehyung walk away, he turns to Yoongi, "Do you regret it?"

"What?"

"I don't know" his voice shook. "everything about our relationship...meeting me..being my friend..falling in love with me"

Yoongi was quiet for a while, heat flooded Jimin's cheeks.He opened his mouth to tell him to forget he asked but finally Yoongi said, "Just because we didn't work out, doesn't mean you weren't the best thing that ever happened to me.Because you were"

"Yeah" Jimin said with glistening eyes, "you too"

They stared at each other for a while, Staying friends could be harder than they thought. They both think that the other doesn't love them enough and that the other deserves better.

Jimin clears his throat and looks away, someone catches his eyes, "Hi" the boy waves at him.

"Hi Yuta, good morning" Jimin smiles.

"you too..have a great day" Yuta smiles at Jimin and bows a little to Yoongi who gave him one of fakest smile.

"Seems like a nice kid" Jimin says.

"Don't think so" Yoongi waves him off, "let's go"

~~~

Jungkook's not attending classes, he hates being away from Taehyung but he is not brave enough to face him. He doesn't know what to say to him.

Now he knows. He knows he's always been in love with the boy but was too scared to admit it to himself.

~~~

3 weeks later, Jungkook sometimes passes by Taehyung, but the boy doesn't even look at him. He tried to talk to him, but Taehyung wouldn't stop walking.

Jungkook spots Jimin and Yoongi with bambam and Yugyeom, "Hey Jimin can I talk to you?"

"Sure" Jimin steps away with him.

"Can you please convince Tae to talk to me, help me Jimin. I love him" Jungkook pleads.

"I know but sorry I can't do anything, he doesn't let me talk about you. You messed up big time, but I trust you to fix it someway" Jimin says.

"Jungkook I---" Jimin almost tells Jungkook about his meeting with Jhope until he remembered the coversation with him :

"What are you doing here? I thought you left Seoul" Jimin asks Jhope.

"I came back 2 weeks ago"

"Oh. Jungkook misses you a lot, he's gonna be so excited when I tell him I saw you" Jimin smiles.

"Jungkook? bunny?" Jhope asks.

"Yeah, we go to the same college"

"Good for you, but don't tell him that you saw me. I'm so ashamed. I left him when he needed me the most, I promised that I'll always be there for him and I left. I'll go talk to him when I'm ready. Until then don't breathe a word about this to him" Jhope says nervously.

"Okay. I promise"

~present~

"what?" Jungkook asks.

"Nothing, good luck" Jimin pats his arm. Bambam and Yugyeom joins Jungkook. 

Jimin goes back to Yoongi, "didn't know you guys were friends" Yoongi smirks.

"Friends? no. we are best friends" Jimin grins.

"What am I then?" Yoongi shakes his head playfully.

"You are my bestest friend...obviously not the no.1 bestest friend, that's Tae"

"Ouch. you wounded my heart" Yoongi clutches his chest dramatically.

Jimin laughs, Yoongi smiles, "Who's no.2 then?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Jimin raises his eyebrow, "It's bambam !!"

Yoongi scoffs, "Yeah sure sweetheart" he realizes what he said, "I'm sorry--I didn't mean it like that--"

"It's okay,--um--I'm late for class bye" Jimin goes left.

"It's this way" Yoongi points towards the right.

"I knew that" Jimin mumbles and walks away.

~~~

Jungkook's phone notification goes off, its an remainder to go the south side to read to the kids.

He takes his bike and leaves.

Once he got to the kids, he picks up the book from the table, "c'mon gather around" he says tiredly.

"Are we getting another session tonight?" Soobin asks.

"Another? what?" 

"Taetae hyung read for us already" Yeonjun says.

"What? he was here?" Jungkook stands up.

"Yes, he just left that way" Soobin points to the road.

"Okay" Jungkook puts down the book and runs in that direction, he still doesn't know what he is going to tell him, he'll know when he sees him.

"Taehyung!!" he calls out the name. 

No ones around. where did he go?

Jungkook hits his knee, he is so tired and vulnerable, he needs Taehyung. He can't survive a single day without him. He can't go another day without him.

"Jungkook?" he hears a voice behind him.

Jungkook turns around swiftly, he squints his eyes to look at the person, it wasn't Taehyung.

"My little bunny boy has grown so much" 

"Jhope?"