Chapter 57, "Truth 2"

Start from the beginning

"Jace..."

"I didn't want to leave you, I didn't want to come here and deal with this franchise again but I had to. I was gonna stay for you. I haven't cared about anything in a long time but I care for you a lot and I.. um- Yeah," he nodded, turning his face to hide the continuous pattern of tears flowing down.

I got up and wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a warm felt hug. I know how hard it was for him to get that out but he did and I'm proud of him. It's unclear what the last sentence was but..

"You're amazing you know that?" I sniffed into his shoulder.

"No I'm not, I'm pathetic and fucking weird."

"Hey," I grabbed him, looking into his eyes, "You're great, and I'm sorry that happened to you. You deserve to be happy Jace."

"How can I? I let her down..."

I pulled him back into a hug and held him tight. I hate how he thinks everything is his fault, no one should feel that way.

"I just don't want to lose you, everyone leaves me Emily," he mumbled.

"I won't leave you," I whispered, "Not like I can anyway."

He chuckled a little bit, tightening his grip around my mid back. Never thought we'd be holding each other like this in his kitchen but I never thought I'd be in Mexico again either.

"Can you- um stay with me tonight?" he asked abruptly. His face was down and I could tell it took everything out of him to ask that.

"I always stay with you, we live together right?"

"No, I want you to stay in my room."

"I've never been in your room," I smiled, "Now you want me sleeping in there?"

"Emily....." he huffed.

"Okay, fine. Yes I'll stay with you," I laughed gaining one from him also.

"Well time for you to see me room," he grinned, picking me up with my arms still wrapped around his neck.

"Jace," I laughed. He grabbed both my thighs and lifted me up one good time to straddle him more. I locked my legs at his back while he lead us up the stairs and to his room.

I'm honestly kind of nervous because he's never even asked me to come in here but tonight's different, it's the Jace that has a soft side to him and I'll gladly take it.

"Why so shaky? It's just my room..." he chuckled.

"I've never seen it, might have dead bodies laying around," I shrugged, trying to shake my nerves, "I always wonder what you do in here though."

"It's just a room E."

I gave the black door a final look before giving Jace a slow and unsure nod. He shook his head and opened the door causing me to stick my head in his shoulder and shut my eyes.

"For Christ Sake," he huffed. With one lift of his arms he dropped me to the ground causing me to land flat on my hands.

"What the fuck!" I yelled

"At least your eyes are open now," he smirked. I looked around and realized I was actually looking around Jace's room. Holy shit, this is his room?!!

"Jace," I barely whispered, choking on my own words, "This is beautiful."

"It's alright."

"No- it's- wow," I gazed. Everything was just so neat and nice and the glass around the bed, just wow.

"Are you gonna join me or not?" Jace smiled, lifting his shirt over his head. I didn't even know I was eyeing his body until I met his eyes to find a reformed smirk. Dude is seriously ripped and the tattoos are just another way to my heart.

I stood to my feet and walked past him trying to find the entry way to the bed. He ended up pointing it out for me and I gladly climbed up and took a seat. That didn't last long because as soon as I felt the cushion beneath me, I fell back in total awe. Heaven maybe?

"It's not that comfortable," Jace laid next to me.

"Yes it is, how could you say that?" I frowned.

"Maybe because I sleep in here every night."

"Maybe you don't know how to sleep then," I shrugged.

"Hush up and come here."

He pulled my body closer in one swift drag so I was now laying on his chest with one of my legs wrapped in between his legs. The feeling was so nice I hadn't even realized dude was naked!

"Where the freak are your clothes?!" I screeched.

"Chill, I have on my boxers," he smirked.

"Like I can't see that."

"Never was trying to hide it baby."

Did he just call me? Oh wow, this is just unbelievable and I never want this night to end.

"I'm not looking down at that thing," I shook my head, repositioning myself in his forearm.

"And that's why we haven't had sex yet," he furrowed.

"What?" I laughed.

"I know I'll hurt you, not gonna do it."

"You don't know that. I once told you I could handle more than you thought."

"Not this," he grinned.

"So you'll never fuck me?"

"No, not unless- well no I don't think I can. I want to, a lot, like you make me fucking horny but yeah I'll definitely hurt your lil' ass."

Damn way to be blunt Jace.

"Mhm," was all I said before I closed my eyes. He pulled the covers onto us and held me in his arms tightly. He might just hurt me with that thing because I've only seen the outside of the briefs imagine what's inside. Sheesh...

"Jace, you aren't horrible and I won't leave you," I whispered.

"What if I continue to hurt you?" he sighed.

"I don't know, but I'm sticking around to see it through aren't I?"

"I guess you are," he chuckled, placing a kiss on my forehead. He's definitely on a roll with surprising me tonight.

"Goodnight Jace."

"Goodnight E."