"No we didn't." Regulus says. "But I did warn you."

"Warn her?" Narcissa asks.

"I told you that less people than you think believe in the same shit you do."

"You knew about this?" Narcissa asks.

"No, I didn't know." Regulus states. "But I'm not surprised."

"Why aren't you more disappointed in this?" Bellatrix asks.

"Because I honestly don't care who she dates."

"Whatever." Bellatrix says. "I guess me and Narcissa are the only ones left in the family who our parents can be proud of."

Narcissa looked a little uncomfortable at those words but she nodded to her sister. Maybe she doesn't exactly feel the same as Bella does. Maybe she's just scared to tell Bellatrix because she'll overreact like she is right now.

Not that I blame her. I would want to avoid this.

"Whatever." Regulus mumbles. "We're leaving now."

"Going to see your other blood traitor friends and mudblood friends?" Bella asks.

"Would it bother you if we say yes." I jump in. "Because if that's the case, then yes."

"No one asked you."

"You did ask, now grow the fuck up."

-

Regulus
Hearing Everleigh say that to Bella makes me realize how much she changed last year. Before last year she would keep her head down and avoid any confrontation, she didn't like drama or get involved in it and she kept her circle small. Last year she started making new friends and standing up for herself. It's a big change but I'm so proud of her and I'm proud of myself for also changing and realizing that I don't need to be like my family just because that's how they expect me to behave.

When we walk away from my cousins, I wrap an arm around her and smile. "That was awesome. Where did that come from?"

"I don't know." She replies. "I'm just sick of her, you know?"

"Believe me, I know." I tell her. "So what compartment are you feeling today?"

"One far away from everyone... too bad that's not an option." She jokes. "How about this one?"

"Sounds good to me." I say, opening the door to the compartment and let her go inside first before going in after.

"Does Sirius know that your mother knows about you being friends with people like me?" Everleigh asks. Her voice almost sounded sad at the 'people like me' which made me feel bad.

"I don't know. I haven't spoken to him since last year." I reply.

"Do you think it would change anything?" She asks me.

"Probably wouldn't fix our relationship if that's what you're wondering." I say. "Not sure anything can fix that at this point." 

"He gets so angry at people easily." She says. "All he has to do is have an actual conversation with us and the problems could be fixed."

"I know, it's just the way he is." I explain. "Do you miss him?"

"No, not really." She pauses. "I miss how much fun the four of us would have but I don't want to deal with him getting mad at me every time we hangout."

I get that and I also feel bad for her. She just wants to be his friend and he's acting like he has any right to tell her who she can and can't hangout with. My brother has always been the protective type of guy so if he's acting protective of her, he must really care for her.

"I think he acts that way because he cares about you." I gently say to her. "He's very protective of the people he cares about."

"Okay... but that doesn't make it okay for him to get mad at me and act as if it's wrong for me to hangout with you."

"No, you're right. It doesn't make it right." I reply.

"This year is going to be different." Everleigh says. "I'm hoping that it's a calmer year."

"I hate to be the one to tell you this Evie, but I don't think we've had a year here that is calm." I say.

She stares at me for a moment, almost like she's confused.

"Evie?" She asks me with a smirk.

Evie? Ohhh. I called her Evie.

"Oh, right." I say. "I meant Hufflepuff."

"I like Evie." She says with a smile. "Better than Hufflepuff."

I smile.

"Okay, I'll call you Evie then."

"We're almost here, I'm going to go change into my robes now." She says as she grabs her stuff and goes to change.

I hope for her that this year is calmer. She deserves a calmer year.