Forty Seven

Demi

"Fuck."

"You okay?" Marissa turned as I came to a stop.

"I've left my purse."

"Baby brain?" I rolled my eyes as she lightly teased, a smirk spread across her face.

"You can go, I'm going to head back inside and grab it."

"Are you sure? I don't mind sticking around" I shook my head and flashed her a smile.

"I'll be fine. I'll see you tomorrow for pizza night?" she nodded and lightly laughed. We've made it a weekly thing to spend one night together, binging on pizza and candy.

"Okay, as long as you're sure?"

"I'm sure. I'll be fine" she stepped up to me and wrapped me into a hug. "Love you, Riss."

"Love you, Dem. Love you too, Spud" I widely smiled as she delicately ran her hand along my bump. "I'll see you tomorrow" I nodded. I watched as she climbed into her car, only turning to head back into the bar once she had pulled from the parking lot. I pulled my phone from my pocket and tapped onto Odell's contact ID. I went to type out a message to say that I was just on my way home when an arm wrapped itself around my waist from behind. I gasped causing my phone to fall to the floor with a loud clatter. A hand clamped over my mouth before I could scream and only a moment later, everything fell black.

-

I hoped that all I could remember was a dream. Did I seriously just get kidnapped? I forced my eyes to open and my heart hammered against my chest as I glanced around. I was sat in the back of a car, my hands tied behind my back. The car had blacked-out windows so that no one could see in. There was no one sat in the driver's seat and as I glanced out the window, I realised why. We're at a gas station. I slumped back against the seat, trying to calm myself down for the sake of my unborn baby. I don't need to be getting myself all stressed out.

I jumped as the car door was pulled open and someone with blonde hair slid into the driver's seat and dumped a plastic bag on the passenger seat. Even from the back of his head, I could recognise him instantly.

"Elliot?" he froze before he turned to me and the smile on his face made me nauseous.

"Morning, Sleepyhead. It's about time you woke up, I started to worry that I'd overdosed you on chloroform" he chuckled and the sound left an unsettling feeling in my tummy. "I worried I'd killed you before I even got you. I read up on how much was toxic though, it's all safe for the baby so you don't need to worry" he turned to rummage around in the plastic bag. I couldn't find the words to speak. I was worried I'd vomit even if I tried to speak anyway. The movements of my baby was my only comfort. "Would you like some water?" I nodded; my mouth dry. He grabbed a bottle from the plastic bag on the passenger seat and undid the cap, he turned to face me more and I leant in to take a sip. It wasn't easy with my hands tied behind my back.

"Can you remove the handcuffs?" he shook his head, turning himself away from me. He dropped back against the seat and started up the car.

"I can't risk you getting out" he mumbled, his eyes on the road as he pulled from the gas station and out onto the highway.

"Why are you doing this?" he remained silent and I sighed as I turned to stare out the window. Everyone on this highway was just living their life, they didn't know that I had been kidnapped in here. "What do you want from me, Elliot?" he ignored me again. "Elliot, if-if you just take me home, I-I won't..." his hands clenched around the steering wheel.

"We're too far away from home for me to turn back now, and I can't trust a word that comes from your mouth. Keep it shut" I clamped my mouth shut as he hissed. "I just want us to have a life together, Demi. There's nothing else to it. I want to make you happy" I felt bile rise up in my throat and my stomach turned.

"Elliot, I'm gonna be sick. You need to pull over."

"I'm not taking..."

"I'm not gonna run. I swear" I dropped my head against the window and took deep breaths as I tried to calm myself. "Elliot, please" I only opened my eyes when I felt the car come to a stop. Elliot climbed from the car first and then pulled open my door. There was no one around us, we were away from the highway. I could still see the cars in the distance but there was no way I could even make it over there without him catching me. I leant forward, throwing up everything in my stomach. I don't know how long I've been with Elliot for. "My head hurts" I glanced to Elliot who was stood a metre from me, his arms crossed over his chest. "Can I have some more water, please?" it took a moment but he eventually headed for the passenger side of the car and pulled out a bottle of water. I rinsed out my mouth and then took a sip.

"You feel better?"

"A little" he glanced down briefly at my stomach and I so wanted to slap his hand off my bump but I couldn't due to my hands still being cuffed behind my back. "Can you please remove these handcuffs?" his eyes burnt into mine. "I-I'm not going to run" we silently stared at each other for a moment. He shook his head, wrapped his hand around my arm and then pulled me back towards the car. I sighed as I slid into the backseat. I leant back against the seat and stared down at my bump. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, Baby."

——