Six

Odell

Demi: We still on for tonight?

I didn't think a month ago that I would have Demi Lovato's number, never mind be texting her about meeting up. It may just be for math study but it's more than I ever imagined.

Me: Yes. You still okay to meet at the diner?

Demi: Could we possibly meet somewhere else?

I was surprised with how quickly she replied.

Me: Where?

The little dots appeared and then disappeared a couple times but I didn't receive a reply.

Me: You could always come to mine?

I hit send before I could regret it but the moment it sent, I regretted it. Why the fuck did I send that?

Demi: You sure? You could always come mine! My dad's away.

The thought of going to Demi's made my heart rate increase.

Me: If you're sure you want me at yours?

She sent me her address a moment later. I typed it into the maps app and found that she only lives around the corner.

Demi: You can make your way over now.

My heart rate rapidly increased. I need to make myself look presentable. Oh my god, Odell, you sound like a girl.

I knocked my knuckles against the white door and waited all while holding my breath for Demi to answer. Why does hanging around Demi make me feel like a lovesick teenager? The door opened a moment later and my breath was taken away by the beauty stood in front of me. She was wearing a crop top with a pair of sweats and her hair was tied up in a messy bun. She wasn't wearing any makeup and I think it's the first time I've ever seen her without any on. She has the most adorable freckles dotted all over her face. She looks like a goddess.

"Hi. Come in" she stepped out of the way and signalled for me to step into her house. Her house wasn't much different to mine, it's just the furniture and decorations were different but it's the exact same layout. "I'm sorry I-I look a bit of a mess" she pointed to her hair.

"No, you-you look fine" I swear her cheeks blushed. I wanted to tell her that she looked beautiful, gorgeous, sexy even but I didn't want to push it. We may be getting along at the moment but I don't know how long this will last. She's popular. I don't fit into her crowd.

"Thanks" she quickly turned and headed down the hallway. I followed her into the kitchen, smiling at the books that were spread across the island counter. "Do you want anything to drink?" I slid myself onto the stool at the counter.

"Water's fine, thanks" she nodded, grabbing out a glass and filling it with water.

"Here" she lowered it onto the counter in front of me. She slid onto the stool beside me and began to twiddle with her fingers. "So, are we starting off from where we finished?"

"I actually want to try something else" I took a sip from the water before I rummaged through my bag. "You want to start with one of these?" I passed a piece of paper to her.

"These are a lot harder than what we've been doing?"

"We need to start it sometime, Demi" she sighed as she took the questions from me.

"Can I have longer than 10 minutes?" my heart melted and I lightly laughed as she glanced up at me with a pout. There was no way I could say no to that pout.

"15."

"20?" her face scrunched up and the sight had me falling so hard.

"20, but that's as far as I'm going" she giggled and glanced down at the questions, chewing down on her lower lip. I admired her side profile for a moment before I set the timer on my phone. I can't believe how gorgeous she is. I will never get a girl like her. Demi looked up at the sound of her phone pinging on the counter. "No distractions" I moved her phone away from her and smirked as her eyes met mine.

"Can you at least tell me what it is?" I took a glance at her phone and my heart sunk into my stomach. Of course she still has a boyfriend.

"It's a message from Nick" her eyes just rolled as she focused her attention down on the questions in front of her. "Do I smell trouble in paradise?"

"None of your business" my hands shot up in surrender. She shook her head and went back to answering the questions I had prepared for her. Her phone vibrated minutes later with an incoming call from Nick. Her eyes danced to her phone and then to me.

"I'll pause the timer while you answer" she gave me a tiny smile as I slid her phone to her.

"Hi Babe" she answered the call and placed the phone to her ear. "I can't, Nick. I've already told you that and I've already told you why" her eyes rolled and I had to try to stop myself from smirking. There is definitely trouble in paradise. "No, Nick. Do whatever the fuck you want, I don't care" she removed the phone from her ear and hung up, dropping her phone down onto the counter with a frustrated groan. I wanted to ask if everything was okay but I don't fancy being snapped at again. "Restart the timer" I nodded, pressing start on the timer. She focused back on the questions and I watched her, noticing the tension on her face. I didn't dare question it though. "I've finished."

"You still have 3 minutes left if you want to go over them?"

"No, it's okay" I stopped the timer and took the piece of paper from her. She placed her arms onto the counter and then nuzzled her face in them. I began to mark the questions, many of which she got wrong. That was my main focus until Demi started to sniffle. The sound made my heart ache. I didn't know whether to comfort her or not. Would that be pushing it a little?

——